LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jan 21, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #767 of 2,040
  I'm batch 8 and they delayed me for the third time last week. They also refused to refund me because my unit was "close to shipping". I contacted them again and was told mid to late February. Unbelievable. I wish I could sue.

Batch 1 here - haven't heard a thing from them. Not one peep. I asked for a refund back in November and got the response that,

"unfortunately I am unable to issue a refund for your Geek Out V2+ but per Indiegogo's Terms of Use and ours, I am unable to issue a refund for your purchase. We collect funds for the development of a product to take to market. If we offered refunds development and production will indefinitely be pushed back with less and less dollars to use for the product."

Completely infuriating. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #768 of 2,040
  if anyone is still holding their breath, I got an update from LHLabs regarding my regular GOV2+

We have just finalized the GO V2+ chassis design and they are currently in production. Once production has been completed we will start the shipping process for all orders. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to deliver all units to backers. Current estimations in regard to your unit and your date of purchase as to where you are in our shipping queue is end of February 2016.

So if that's the response you just got, what do you think the chances are they revised the chassis again, dropped the semi-transparent 3D printed sides because there's no point in reinventing the wheel and not just using poly-carbonate or ABS which looks better and functions better, and are referring to that and not the completed design that we've known about for about a month? 

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #769 of 2,040
Yeah you can't use the GOv2+ and charge it at the same time. It's either one, or the other unfortunately.

That is an unfortunate design flaw.

While I understand it probably came from the desire to have as little noise as possible, allowing the user to choose to play and charge could be really useful.

I hope the wave doesn't have this flaw too

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #770 of 2,040
That is an unfortunate design flaw.

While I understand it probably came from the desire to have as little noise as possible, allowing the user to choose to play and charge could be really useful.

I hope the wave doesn't have this flaw too

If the V2+ has it there's a very good chance the Wave will too. Cheers

Jan 21, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #771 of 2,040
I have had my GO V2+ for about 3 weeks.
Day 1 of use , it worked fine but loud snapping noise could be heard when changing sampling rates.
Day 2, battery would not charge and v2+ would not turn on ,
Day 3,worked ok but blue on led would not work
Customer service said the circuit board is probably defective and said they would issue me a RA #
One week went by-Nothing happened
When I inquired about the RA # ,they responded that the Dept. in charge of that is being revamped.
It is like a comedy of errors
They obviously do not care about the customer's problems by pushing the complaints with their product aside.
On one good note, when the amp works in balanced mode ,it sounds great with Hifiman RE-600.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #772 of 2,040
this is too painful.
wake me up when my shipping notice arrives.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #773 of 2,040
I have had my GO V2+ for about 3 weeks.
Day 1 of use , it worked fine but loud snapping noise could be heard when changing sampling rates.

Yeah that happens. I was using my V-MODA Zn in-ears when I had music change in sample rate and *POP* I heard through them. It scared the schiit out of me.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #776 of 2,040
My first time! I have a question: I have just received my V2+ Infinity (after a year waiting). I asked for a shorter cable, Micro b to lightning, instead of lightning to usb, usb to micro b. LH Labs says one is in the making, but not ready. The folks at Cypher Labs said that not only the lightning cable is incompatible but also the "codes" are not proper for Apple products. 

"We have a lighting cable for our products and our Theorem has the necessary Apple certification to work with the iPhone. It will not work with your product even if the cable fits as your DAC didn't have the right code."

What does he mean by that? Is the V2+ infinity not compatible for optimum listening with Apple?

Thank you...

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #777 of 2,040
I am starting to think i will never receive this product. This is the reply from LH labs on the status of my V2+.

Current estimations on when your Geek Out V2+ Infinity will be shipped is now the end of Feb to mid March 2016. We are awaiting additional boards to be received so that we can fulfill the remaining orders for the V2+. Unfortunately production will be delayed during the month of February since its Chinese new years.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #779 of 2,040

I know, as you can see in my avatar that's exactly what I have. You would think LH Labs would have a lightning cable ready for IOS so as not to make it as bulky as I have right now. They said it's in he making, but I have doubts. I might sell my V2+ Infinity if I can't get a smaller cable that is compatible...

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #780 of 2,040
Oh, for whatever reason, they made a decision a long time ago to not support direct lightening connection. That was originally part of the early Wave and Stream campaigns but was later dropped. I have no idea why, as they've claimed to be mFi certified, as least at one point in campaign histories.

Using the CCK is definitely annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back