LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jan 14, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #751 of 2,040
My unit arrives on Friday. I will take some high resolution photos and post them. I will leave the photos raw (zero processing) so that you may have a more accurate representation of the product.

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #753 of 2,040
So my unit arrived today and I'm pretty bummed out. It worked beautifully for about 20 minutes before it started making a hissing noise and powered itself off. I let it charge for a couple of hours and tried turning the unit on, still nothing. Even after 6+ hours of being plugged into a power source, the unit has the green light on(indicating that it's still charging). Not even the LED's light up when I unplug the unit from the power source and turn it on. Do I have a defective unit? Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #754 of 2,040
if anyone is still holding their breath, I got an update from LHLabs regarding my regular GOV2+

We have just finalized the GO V2+ chassis design and they are currently in production. Once production has been completed we will start the shipping process for all orders. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to deliver all units to backers. Current estimations in regard to your unit and your date of purchase as to where you are in our shipping queue is end of February 2016.

My original "preorder" on the site was part of batch 6 and I pledged on indiegogo as well(6/2/15).

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #755 of 2,040
  if anyone is still holding their breath, I got an update from LHLabs regarding my regular GOV2+

My original "preorder" on the site was part of batch 6 and I pledged on indiegogo as well(6/2/15).

Mine was batch 5, so I'll also assume end of Feb.
Thanks for posting your info just before I sent off another 'are we there yet?' post :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #759 of 2,040
Thanks for the update. Batch 14 here. I was told firstly at the end of Jan it would be shipped. Now it seems there's delay again. Starting to lose patience.

I'm batch 8 and they delayed me for the third time last week. They also refused to refund me because my unit was "close to shipping". I contacted them again and was told mid to late February. Unbelievable. I wish I could sue.

Kojaku

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #760 of 2,040
  I'm batch 8 and they delayed me for the third time last week. They also refused to refund me because my unit was "close to shipping". I contacted them again and was told mid to late February. Unbelievable. I wish I could sue.

Kojaku

I was thinking of getting one of these, but stories like this have changed my mind. How come a company making exactly what I want is doing such a bad job??

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #761 of 2,040
do they have an update of their shipping status for all products?
i haven't seen a link to one in a few months now

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #762 of 2,040
Hey guys, so I made a post earlier about how I might have a defective unit. Turns out I'm an idiot and I wasn't using the unit correctly. Rest assured, the unit lives up to the hype and delivers face-melting sonic performance.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #765 of 2,040
Can you enlighten us what you did wrong, in case someone else makes the same mistake?

I tried charging the unit without turning it off first. I wasn't trying to use the unit while it was charging, the USB input wasn't even plugged in. The On/Off switch was simply in the On position while it was plugged into a wall socket. As it turns out, you MUST turn off the unit in order for it to charge, whether or not a USB device is plugged into the unit is irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back