LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Aug 21, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #226 of 2,040
The listing claimed it was a USB OTG cable. I expected it to have 2 Micro USB plugs with one that was labeled as the "host" side. Neither end is labeled as a host. No matter which way I connect the devices, the phone never talks to the V2+. It doesn't appear to be a proper OTG cable.

Thank you for the picture. I have a feeling that I paid $50 for a useless cable.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #227 of 2,040
The production schedule said 50% of V2+ will ship by end of August. So SOMEONE must have a production unit. If so, do they really look as craptastic as the pictures? Please unicorn owners chime in.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #228 of 2,040
The production schedule said 50% of V2+ will ship by end of August. So SOMEONE must have a production unit. If so, do they really look as craptastic as the pictures? Please unicorn owners chime in.

Well, LH production timelines are more of a "guideline" than an actual shipping schedule. 

I'm a very early batch 1 V2+ order and I haven't seen one yet. Will definitely chime in when/if it arrives. 

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #229 of 2,040
Had an interesting exchange with Stephanie at LHLabs:

On Sat, 22 Aug at 1:29 PM , Colin Bell wrote:
I originally had a batch 13 prepay reservation, and paid the full amount when the prepay was withdrawn.
You probably get lots of tickets like this! Enthusiastic and nervous buyers! Could you please give some indication of delivery: I'm seeing others mentioning batch 20, and payment later than myself. Of course, if you've improved the case quality, all will be forgiven.....:)
-------------------------------------------------

Hi Colin Bell,

Actually the delayed shipping of the GO V2+ is caused by the case. The beta testers gave us their input and we are working on this time to fix the issues we have with the case. Once we correct this we will begin shipment again. I've seen a different chassis for the unit and it is looking much better, they are just working out some kinks. Hang in there, they are working hard to get this fixed as quickly as possible to correct the Chassis issue so we can ship out your V2+ unit.
Best Wishes,
Stephanie
Customer Happiness Agent

That sounds like good news to me. I don't expect the 'tacky feeling' to go: I'd expect that's a consequence of the material chosen for 3D printing. But it would be great to get any fixture/stability issues sorted, AND a matte flat finish, AS ADVERTISED! Haha!
v2+ in September then, I'd guess.

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #230 of 2,040

I originally had a batch 13 prepay reservation, and paid the full amount when the prepay was withdrawn.
You probably get lots of tickets like this! Enthusiastic and nervous buyers! Could you please give some indication of delivery: I'm seeing others mentioning batch 20, and payment later than myself. Of course, if you've improved the case quality, all will be forgiven.....:)

Hi Colin Bell,

Actually the delayed shipping of the GO V2+ is caused by the case. The beta testers gave us their input and we are working on this time to fix the issues we have with the case. Once we correct this we will begin shipment again. I've seen a different chassis for the unit and it is looking much better, they are just working out some kinks. Hang in there, they are working hard to get this fixed as quickly as possible to correct the Chassis issue so we can ship out your V2+ unit.
Best Wishes,
Stephanie
Customer Happiness Agent

That sounds like good news to me. I don't expect the 'tacky feeling' to go: I'd expect that's a consequence of the material chosen for 3D printing. But it would be great to get any fixture/stability issues sorted, AND a matte flat finish, AS ADVERTISED! Haha!

That is good news! Thanks for sharing. Cheers 

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #231 of 2,040

Hi Colin Bell,

Best Wishes,
Stephanie
Customer Happiness Agent

This is awesome news for me. I'm so anxious to get my hands on a GO V2+ but the fit and finish has to be right for me to jump in. I already know where it stands sonically but I'm willing to wait. For once, fix this quickly LH Labs.

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #232 of 2,040

Hi Colin Bell,

Best Wishes,
Stephanie
Customer Happiness Agent

Definitely good news, but I'm still hesitant about it. Being "fixed" means what exactly? I don't think "fixing" the 3D printed, resin enclosure was really what was needed, a redesign was. That thing didn't fit well/was loose/came off(?), it had printing lines on it, it felt cheap, it looked bad and not like the pictures, and overall it downplayed a unanimously great sounding product. 

I have no idea what they'll be doing with it, but band aids aren't going to solve the above issues. Let's hope @Larry Ho @Mannytorres @chartwell85 kill it this time and really deliver on the what the GO V2/V2+ was meant to be 
L3000.gif
 They're really products with serious potential.

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #234 of 2,040
My repaired V2+ Infinity arrived. As expected, the sound coming out of this thing is fantastic. It's much too early to review, but it is a definite step up from the V1. The most noticeable attribute is that the cold treble spike of the V1 is now gone.

It does not work with my LPS, but that may be due to the nature of the design (separate battery charging usb section + usb input section). I would expect the V2 to function with the LPS.

I'm happy to report that it works perfectly with my Asus Zenfone 2, both with and without USB Audio Player Pro. Sounds so much better than stock that anyone would notice within a few seconds. You must use a cable that has two ends with Micro USB however. Hooking up any other cable (like an OTG cable + Micro USB cable) does not work. I used this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The power is way more than adequate as well. Takes all 1000mW of my AKG 7XX with ease through UAPP. Using TCM mode for now.

The case is still the same as before. It's not attractive, but it does not get hot. I figured out the buttons and led meanings quickly (with the manual). The sound and function is so good that I can overlook the case.

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #237 of 2,040
  which cable do you uses when you have a USB 3 android phone (note 3)? I have OTG USB 3 Cable. 
frown.gif

How does it compare to Meridian Explorer 2 or Onkyo DAC-HA200?

Is it worth waiting?

You would possibly need a cable with a USB 3 end, and a micro USB end. Not sure if one is made like that. Linking multiple cables or adapters (USB 3 to OTG) might not work.

Personally, I would never pay more than $300 for a portable DAC. Spec wise, The V2+ blows away the Meridian and Onkyo, but I've never heard either in comparison.

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #238 of 2,040

Thank you for the picture. I have a feeling that I paid $50 for a useless cable.

Hopefully not. I ordered the same cable and it arrived today. Works OK with Nexus 7, 2nd version. Doesn't with Galaxy S4, but that's probably Samsung issue, as other cables don't work with it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back