LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Aug 20, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #212 of 2,040
Any chance of L H Labs rethinking or scrapping the much-maligned 3D printed casing any time soon?  My V2 + has not yet shipped, and I'm wondering whether all the dirt that has been kicked up by its customers on this thread regarding the looks, and probably elsewhere, could make some difference to Larry, Gavin, and Co. Personally, I think participants in a crowd-funded product, such as the V2/V2+ ought to be able to influence decisions about how the sponsored product would look.

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #213 of 2,040
  Any chance of L H Labs rethinking or scrapping the much-maligned 3D printed casing any time soon?  My V2 + has not yet shipped, and I'm wondering whether all the dirt that has been kicked up by its customers on this thread regarding the looks, and probably elsewhere, could make some difference to Larry, Gavin, and Co. Personally, I think participants in a crowd-funded product, such as the V2/V2+ ought to be able to influence decisions about how the sponsored product would look.

I sure hope so. I'd like to order a V2+ myself but I'm hoping they rethink the casing. I'm taking the "wait and see" approach right now.

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #214 of 2,040
 ​
Any comments yet on the beta v2+ Infinity you received? 

I am still enjoying the regular v2+ balanced with the IEMs :)

I have a few things that I'm sending in for feedback, but since it's still in the prototype stage (I believe) I won't comment publicly on non-audio characteristics. I can't comment on the balanced output yet, since all of my balanced cables are either 4-pin XLR or A&K 2.5mm terminated. The single ended output is like a GO 1000 on steroids. Having 3 gain settings and 3 filters is great as it provides more flexibility than the GO 1000 could. I haven't done any head-to-head comparisons yet, but from memory the V2+'s SE output doesn't quite meet the quality of my GO SE on high gain. I'm guessing that's all due to the femto clocks and hand-matched components in the Signature.

On a different note, my "USB OTG" cable arrived and it's just a cable with two 90º Micro USB jacks. I use the quotation marks because it's not what it says it is. Sad.

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #215 of 2,040

I sure hope so. I'd like to order a V2+ myself but I'm hoping they rethink the casing. I'm taking the "wait and see" approach right now.

I have a few things that I'm sending in for feedback, but since it's still in the prototype stage (I believe) I won't comment publicly on non-audio characteristics.

The single ended output is like a GO 1000 on steroids. Having 3 gain settings and 3 filters is great as it provides more flexibility than the GO 1000 could. I haven't done any head-to-head comparisons yet, but from memory the V2+'s SE output doesn't quite meet the quality of my GO SE on high gain. I'm guessing that's all due to the femto clocks and hand-matched components in the Signature.

This is just a sample. If you guys need to hear the voices of you customers, read the last 5 pages. It's black & white.
@Larry Ho,
@Mannytorres
@chartwell85 

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #217 of 2,040
As of right now, the response to the GO V2/V2+ can pretty much be summed up as this: the sound has near universal acclaim from those that have heard it...and the casing/build has near universal derision.

The irony is that this is a rare situation where I'd be happy to pay more for a "perk" (as opposed to the myriad perks generally a part of LH's campaigns for Femto-bluetooth-bundle-THD-lowerizers). The low cost 3D printed base case would allow LH to provide the excellent sound at a lower price. Premium case materials as an option would be worth the extra cost given how good the unit itself sounds. I'm generally a cheapskate and even I'd be easily sold on that. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #218 of 2,040
On a different note, my "USB OTG" cable arrived and it's just a cable with two 90º Micro USB jacks. I use the quotation marks because it's not what it says it is. Sad.

Hi, since I've order their OTG cable too, may I ask a few things?
What do they say it is?
What do you expect from theirOTG cable?
Can you show me the picture?

Aug 21, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #220 of 2,040
Hi, since I've order their OTG cable too, may I ask a few things?
What do they say it is?
What do you expect from theirOTG cable?
Can you show me the picture?

The listing claimed it was a USB OTG cable. I expected it to have 2 Micro USB plugs with one that was labeled as the "host" side. Neither end is labeled as a host. No matter which way I connect the devices, the phone never talks to the V2+. It doesn't appear to be a proper OTG cable.

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #221 of 2,040

The listing claimed it was a USB OTG cable. I expected it to have 2 Micro USB plugs with one that was labeled as the "host" side. Neither end is labeled as a host. No matter which way I connect the devices, the phone never talks to the V2+. It doesn't appear to be a proper OTG cable.

I broke down and ordered this:

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/TTVJ_Micro_USB_to_Micro_USB_Portable_Cable_p/aat0000200.htm

I look all over town as well as on Amazon and could not find one.

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #222 of 2,040

I broke down and ordered this:

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/TTVJ_Micro_USB_to_Micro_USB_Portable_Cable_p/aat0000200.htm

I look all over town as well as on Amazon and could not find one.

I may have to, I just wish they faced the same direction rather than opposite like they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back