LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Dec 26, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,081 of 1,391
Do I need the GO2A infinity if I am using it with IEMs only? Looks like an additional gain option and I don't use streaming much so.... Thinking of replacing my mojo with this. Mojo is just too heavy and bulky, I need something light to use at home only connected to my laptop.

Also, are the components all the same as v2+ infinity? Someone mentioned v2+ infinity having murata caps and improved single ended stage, I guess that has to do with THD treatment? Both GO2A and GO2A infinity has additional performance boost according to lh labs website.

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #1,083 of 1,391
  Do I need the GO2A infinity if I am using it with IEMs only? Looks like an additional gain option and I don't use streaming much so.... Thinking of replacing my mojo with this. Mojo is just too heavy and bulky, I need something light to use at home only connected to my laptop.

Also, are the components all the same as v2+ infinity? Someone mentioned v2+ infinity having murata caps and improved single ended stage, I guess that has to do with THD treatment? Both GO2A and GO2A infinity has additional performance boost according to lh labs website.

The 2A and 2A Infinity are identical other than the extra gain stage. I think the V2+ Infinity has the same exact internals as the 2A series as well.

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,087 of 1,391
Does anyone know where I can get a 3.5mm TRRS female (tip to ground: Left+,Right+,Left-,Right-) the one that v2+ inf. uses to 3.5mm TRS male adapter? Thinking of getting balanced termination for my new flc8s cable, but I also need to use it with SE sources.

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,088 of 1,391
  Does anyone know where I can get a 3.5mm TRRS female (tip to ground: Left+,Right+,Left-,Right-) the one that v2+ inf. uses to 3.5mm TRS male adapter? Thinking of getting balanced termination for my new flc8s cable, but I also need to use it with SE sources.

Try here:  https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4

Select the "3.5BL to 3.5SE Adapter".. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,089 of 1,391
I have quite a few LH Labs devices. Up to now they've worked great.

My new 2A won't work with a new Dell Windows 10 laptop. It works just fine on a Windows 7 laptop. The LH Labs driver 3.26 won't work. Windows reports a signature error and says to contact the manufacturer, who hasn't responded for three days now. Other users are reporting similar errors on the LH Labs Forum.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,090 of 1,391
I have quite a few LH Labs devices. Up to now they've worked great.

My new 2A won't work with a new Dell Windows 10 laptop. It works just fine on a Windows 7 laptop. The LH Labs driver 3.26 won't work. Windows reports a signature error and says to contact the manufacturer, who hasn't responded for three days now. Other users are reporting similar errors on the LH Labs Forum.

Have you disabled the signature verification on Windows 10? That should solve that issue. LH Labs won't submit their drivers to M$ for approval.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,091 of 1,391
No. Will try that next.

That works. It'd help if the LH Labs Forum or driver instructions mentioned that!

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #1,094 of 1,391
^+1. It's not even close

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #1,095 of 1,391
Hmm....anybody here who uses the GO2A with foobar?

I received my GO2A SE yesterday and am currently listening to some dsf files via foobar, installed on a WIN 8.1 notebook
But sometimes i have some distortions ..not permanently ...mostly when the songs have some high "highs" (don´t know to better describe it).
If I listen to the same song in flac I don´t have this kind of scratchy noises.

And there are also some dropouts so I´m wondering if I need to change something in my f2k settings which are:

The buffer settings in the LH control panel are set to "reliable" and "8192 Samples".
FW is 1.5, driver is 3.26.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back