LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jan 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #1,096 of 1,391
Think all GO v2+ infinity users got pretty effed by LH labs. They delayed their product over and over because of chassis problems, then they release a crowdfunder during that time in china, and deliver a GO V2+ in a metal chassis.....not to the original backers, but to a new crowdfunded project, that was only possible using the original backers money. Just terrible business practice and almost as bad as Hifiman updating to v2.

https://z.jd.com/project/details/67316.html

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,097 of 1,391
  The buffer settings in the LH control panel are set to "reliable" and "8192 Samples".
FW is 1.5, driver is 3.26.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

From this page:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_input_sacd/

download "foo_input_sacd-1.0.5.zip", extract the "foo_dsd_process.fb2k-component" and install component into Foobar. 

From this page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_asio/

download "ASIOProxyInstall-0.9.4.zip", run the install program from the zip archive.  Go to the ASIOProxy directory which the install program creates and copy the two foo_dsd_asio DLL  files into the Foobar program directory.

In "Preferences:SACD", set the output mode to "DSD".
In "Preferences:Output", choose Light Harmonic DSD ASIO.
In "Preferences:ASIO", check the boxes for 64 bit ASIO driver and "Run With High Process Priority". 

In the Light Harmonic driver buffer settings, set the buffer size to 32k and set the latency to MINIMUM.  If you hear clicks during playback set the latency to LOW. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #1,098 of 1,391

From this page:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_input_sacd/

download "foo_input_sacd-1.0.5.zip", extract the "foo_dsd_process.fb2k-component" and install component into Foobar. 

From this page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_dsd_asio/

download "ASIOProxyInstall-0.9.4.zip", run the install program from the zip archive.  Go to the ASIOProxy directory which the install program creates and copy the two foo_dsd_asio DLL  files into the Foobar program directory.

In "Preferences:SACD", set the output mode to "DSD".
In "Preferences:Output", choose Light Harmonic DSD ASIO.
In "Preferences:ASIO", check the boxes for 64 bit ASIO driver and "Run With High Process Priority". 

In the Light Harmonic driver buffer settings, set the buffer size to 32k and set the latency to MINIMUM.  If you hear clicks during playback set the latency to LOW. 

Great! Helped a lot!
The distortions are gone which is a big step forward.

But I still have some dropouts with dsf files.
Not sure which setting(s) I should change to solve this. Do you know by chance? 

Thanks in advance.

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #1,099 of 1,391
  Not sure which setting(s) I should change to solve this. Do you know by chance? 

Thanks in advance.

The only time that I've experienced dropouts is if the CPU is overloaded or if your computer is busy executing other tasks.  I usually go into task manager and change the priority of the foobar2000 program to "high".  If you are connecting you GO2A to your USB port with a USB cable it's possible the the cable might not have enough bandwidth in which you case you could try changing the LH driver latency back to SAFE.  But in my experience issues with latency usually produces clicks and not dropouts. 

With regards to my previous post about the "Preferences:Output" I'm finding that I prefer the "foo_dsd_asio" option.  If you choose this option you will have to go into "Preferences:ASIO", then double click "foo_dsd_asio" and change the ASIO device to "Light Harmonic ASIO".  In "Preferences:Output" change the output data format to 32 bit. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #1,100 of 1,391
The only time that I've experienced dropouts is if the CPU is overloaded or if your computer is busy executing other tasks.  I usually go into task manager and change the priority of the foobar2000 program to "high".  If you are connecting you GO2A to your USB port with a USB cable it's possible the the cable might not have enough bandwidth in which you case you could try changing the LH driver latency back to SAFE.  But in my experience issues with latency usually produces clicks and not dropouts. 

With regards to my previous post about the "Preferences:Output" I'm finding that I prefer the "foo_dsd_asio" option.  If you choose this option you will have to go into "Preferences:ASIO", then double click "foo_dsd_asio" and change the ASIO device to "Light Harmonic ASIO".  In "Preferences:Output" change the output data format to 32 bit. 

Thanks a lot.
Will give it a try later today.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,101 of 1,391
.... If you are connecting you GO2A to your USB port with a USB cable it's possible the the cable might not have enough bandwidth in which you case you could try changing the LH driver latency back to SAFE....

So maybe I should have invested a bit more than in this? :

http://www.delock.de/produkte/G_82457/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en

:wink:

I'll try it without the cable... Let's see if it makes a difference regarding the dropouts.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,102 of 1,391
So I gave it a try w the foo_dsd_asio option and the GO directly connected to the USB port of my notebook.
I tried two different ports and with both of them the GO wasn't connected very tied (very shaky btw).

In the end dropouts still occur while playing dsf files hence I went back to use the extension cable.

So it seems that I need to live with those dropouts...

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #1,103 of 1,391

Got a LH Labs GEEKOUT INFINITY 2A for sale over on the forum.  I had two of these.  This is the last one.  25% off new list. [SOLD]

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,106 of 1,391
Looks smoked!

Fortunately the GO is still working but for a "Signature Edition", advertised as a Retail version with "hand matched DAC IC's, cutting edge Murata Ultra low-noise capacitors" I definitely would have expected something different.

Even I don't have any soldering skills at all it appears to me that something went wrong. Not sure if this is a "B" board which was used earlier but it does not look well at all.
Of course I mentioned it to LHL and requested some explanation but instead of showing real customer support they went in submarine mode again.
Yes... I'm pissed for paying the Signature price and receiving something which is not worth to have this name.

And my feeling was right that I can't trust LHL anymore... first the mu metall shield dilemma, now this.

If you read this, Larry, be assured that your service is the biggest disappointment I ever had with a company.
Well done.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,108 of 1,391
Fortunately the GO is still working but for a "Signature Edition", advertised as a Retail version with "hand matched DAC IC's, cutting edge Murata Ultra low-noise capacitors" I definitely would have expected something different.

Even I don't have any soldering skills at all it appears to me that something went wrong. Not sure if this is a "B" board which was used earlier but it does not look well at all.
Of course I mentioned it to LHL and requested some explanation but instead of showing real customer support they went in submarine mode again.
Yes... I'm pissed for paying the Signature price and receiving something which is not worth to have this name.

And my feeling was right that I can't trust LHL anymore... first the mu metall shield dilemma, now this.

If you read this, Larry, be assured that your service is the biggest disappointment I ever had with a company.
Well done.

​marflo,

When did you sign up as a Beta tester for the GO V2+ SE edition?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back