LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,126 of 1,391
Don't use the left volume adjustment. It resets. Raise left bar all the way to 0db and use the right 2 bars linked together to alter the windows volume itself. You can also just use the windows slider on the taskbar, it's the same thing. I just have mine at 15/100 for andromeda and just use the slider on musicbee. It always sticks, no reset.

I am using foobar with wasapi. The right volume control is locked up. Let me try ASIO tonight and see.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #1,128 of 1,391
IT works! Thanks DUDE
biggrin.gif

You have to raise the left volume all the way up to unlock it.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #1,129 of 1,391
  IT works! Thanks DUDE
biggrin.gif

No problem :D One thing though, using different USB port results in different name assignment, so volumes will be distinguishable for each port. It's always good to make sure the volume is set right/ The windows volume control works for me with exclusive mode like wasapi and asio, so you will have no problem there ^^

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #1,130 of 1,391
Thank you to everyone who answered my questions! :) Now that I sold my Groove and purchased a Geek Out V2 in its place, I am investigating the possibility of using the Geek Out V2's balanced output. I can easily reterminate my Beyerdynamic's to balanced, but I would still like to have the ability to have a single-ended plug with my other equipment. Is there a decent quality, inexpensive female TRRS balanced to male TRS single-ended adapter available online?

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #1,131 of 1,391
  Thank you to everyone who answered my questions! :) Now that I sold my Groove and purchased a Geek Out V2 in its place, I am investigating the possibility of using the Geek Out V2's balanced output. I can easily reterminate my Beyerdynamic's to balanced, but I would still like to have the ability to have a single-ended plug with my other equipment. Is there a decent quality, inexpensive female TRRS balanced to male TRS single-ended adapter available online?

Yes. Venture Electronics sells a decent one for an affordable price. Or you could purchase IEMatch if you need one and it can also act as an adapter.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #1,132 of 1,391
  Yes. Venture Electronics sells a decent one for an affordable price. Or you could purchase IEMatch if you need one and it can also act as an adapter.

I am looking on AliExpress and Venture Electronics' website for this adapter and I can't quite find it. Could you post a link? Thanks!

Never mind. The mobile version of the site was keeping me from looking at their dropdown menu. Found it!
https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #1,133 of 1,391
Feb 3, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #1,134 of 1,391
Feb 3, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #1,135 of 1,391
Never mind. The mobile version of the site was keeping me from looking at their dropdown menu. Found it!

I didn't see the balanced to single cables on that page but they do have a couple options on the Monk+ page.[/quote]

You are absolutely correct. They don't quite have the TRRS to TRS cable I'm after. But they do have 4-pin XLR adapters at a very reasonable price point. One goes to 3.5 mm single-ended and another goes to 3.5 mm balanced. Since XLR is the industry standard for more premium statement amplifiers, I think I will instead just reterminate my DT 880's to XLR. That way, I take care of compatibility for all three scenarios in one fell swoop and can call it a day.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #1,136 of 1,391
  You are absolutely correct. They don't quite have the TRRS to TRS cable I'm after. But they do have 4-pin XLR adapters at a very reasonable price point. One goes to 3.5 mm single-ended and another goes to 3.5 mm balanced. Since XLR is the industry standard for more premium statement amplifiers, I think I will instead just reterminate my DT 880's to XLR. That way, I take care of compatibility for all three scenarios in one fell swoop and can call it a day.

I didn't see the balanced to single cables on that page but they do have a couple options on the Monk+ page.[/quote]

The Monk+ page. Gotcha. Found it! Not what I would have expected since it is on the main product page for one of their earphones and not their cables. $5 is an absolute steal!

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #1,137 of 1,391

The Monk+ page. Gotcha. Found it! Not what I would have expected since it is on the main product page for one of their earphones and not their cables. $5 is an absolute steal!

It definitely is :) I think they have a post on their fb page about whether to use their website or aliexpress. I couldn't really understand it though, ended up not ordering them anyway. English was very broken...

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #1,138 of 1,391
Am I the only one considering wasapi output better than ASIO on GO2A?
I am only using Sennheiser MX950 now and can tell the difference right away.

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #1,139 of 1,391

No problem :D One thing though, using different USB port results in different name assignment, so volumes will be distinguishable for each port. It's always good to make sure the volume is set right/ The windows volume control works for me with exclusive mode like wasapi and asio, so you will have no problem there ^^

Good to know
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #1,140 of 1,391

With regards to the XLR to 3.5 balanced adapter don´t you have to assure that the termination for the TRRS is correct? I have something in mind that the TRRS plugs need to be terminated in a special way otherwise they won´t work with the V2s.

Hence I would hesitate pressing the "BUY" button immediately and would check with VE first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back