LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1,112 of 1,391
  Not a good sign. I've had a ticket open for 12 days trying to get my Pulse X Infinity repaired. Luckily my V2+ Infinity is working perfect.

I'm in the same boat. I've had a ticket open for 11 days now trying to get my Pulse X Infinity repaired, with zero response after the automated acknowledgement. I'm using a GO2A Infinity instead for now, but I don't have a suitable balanced cable to connect to my Cavalli Liquid Carbon, and don't want to throw even more money down this rabbit hole by getting one made (TRRS to dual XLR isn't exactly common).

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #1,113 of 1,391
Well, optimistically speaking it's chinese new years and they might have been very busy for the past few weeks. I would like some kind of response though, it seems like no one is monitoring customer support.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #1,114 of 1,391
Well, optimistically speaking it's chinese new years and they might have been very busy for the past few weeks. I would like some kind of response though, it seems like no one is monitoring customer support.

My guess is that they are of course aware of the tickets. It´s just that they won´t respond to "unpleasant" tickets related to refunds, RMA, and so on.

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #1,116 of 1,391
  My guess is that they are of course aware of the tickets. It´s just that they won´t respond to "unpleasant" tickets related to refunds, RMA, and so on.

My friend had to open dispute against them with the credit card company because they wouldn't refund him.

I love this company but their Customer Service may be the thing that sinks them.

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #1,117 of 1,391

My friend had to open dispute against them with the credit card company because they wouldn't refund him.

I love this company but their Customer Service may be the thing that sinks them.

In my case the love for LHL is gone.

The fact that the Happiness team doesn´t respond in a timely manner as they did a while ago is one very annoying thing. But I guess the members of that team don´t make their decisison on their own. My guess is that they were told to stay quiet for certain topics.

But my latest experience with LHL is something I can´t tolerate at all. No one can tell me that this - the "burned pcb" - hasn´t been noticed by LHL during their "QA". Any decent company wouldn´t have offered it as "a retail" version with all the bell and whistles.

So tell me...how can i trust such a company? Would anybody who were in my shoes? I doubt that.
And the fact that they even don´t reach out to me doesn´t help to change my feeling towards them.

Edit: good luck for your friend. Not sure when he bought the stuff via credit card. But isn´t there a timelimit that they might refund the payment?
Guess it doesn´t make sense that I contact paypal after 2.5 years asking to get the money back for a Wave and Source? :wink: 

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #1,118 of 1,391

I had to do the same thing for my Revive.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #1,119 of 1,391
Can we somehow get back to dicussing the LH Labs Geek Out v2?
Perhaps start a new  LH Labs Complaints thread! 

blink.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #1,120 of 1,391
Can we somehow get back to dicussing the LH Labs Geek Out v2?
Perhaps start a new  LH Labs Complaints thread! 

:blink:

But then what else would we talk about?

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,122 of 1,391
I haven't heard the V2+ but they should be pretty much identical, tonally speaking. The V2+ is the latest version with the latest upgraded internals. The V2+ (same as the 2A) should have better sound (slightly better details, more spaciousness, blacker background). Not a night and day difference but between the two, the V2+ would be my choice.

Thank you! How about a GO2A versus the V2+? Is waiting between charges really that annoying on the 2A? Which is more detailed and crispier sounding?

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #1,123 of 1,391
Hi dude! Any idea why output volume is reset to 0dB every time the PC is rebooted?

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #1,124 of 1,391
  Hi dude! Any idea why output volume is reset to 0dB every time the PC is rebooted?

I as of yet do not own a Geek Out. However, in Windows, that sort of behavior should not be happening. With the dozens of DACs and sound cards I have used, volume level persists even after a cold start, a reboot or since the last time it was plugged in. That has all the telltale signs of an OS issue. What OS version are you running? 

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #1,125 of 1,391

Don't use the left volume adjustment. It resets. Raise left bar all the way to 0db and use the right 2 bars linked together to alter the windows volume itself. You can also just use the windows slider on the taskbar, it's the same thing. I just have mine at 15/100 for andromeda and just use the slider on musicbee. It always sticks, no reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back