LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jul 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #901 of 1,391
^^ this lack of transparency is why I didn't send mine in. The impression was that they would be ready to send out upon receipt of our old units. I can't recall the exact email statement, but I was in line with a straight swap out.

Part of why I only sent 1 of my units in. Their wording on the offer was really sketchy.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #902 of 1,391
How to Take Advantage of this Upgrade:
(1) Click below based on your location to pay the $89 trade-in price offer.
(2) Ship back your original Geek Out V2 on or before July 15th with your order number written on the box AND printed on a paper with the return shipping address inside the shipping box. 
(3) Once we receive your returned unit, we will begin fulfilling upgrades. The upgrading process will take 10-12 working days and you’ll receive a shipping notification when your upgraded unit is out for delivery.

We want to clarify some key points to our backers so that there is no confusion. 

Question: Is GO2A being tuned any differently than the original Geek Out V2?
Answer: Yes, the GO2A and GO2A Infinity will be specially tuned and will need new firmware

Question: How long do I have before I need to send my unit in for the upgrade? 
Answer: Your unit will be batched based on the week it arrives to our repair facility. 

The bolded parts are why I believe it's still using the parts from our GOV2, and updating firmware/reinstalling into the new chassis.

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #903 of 1,391
Tbh, I think they're disassembling all the ones we sent in to replace parts and re-casing them.
I spoke with Manny a few weeks ago and he told me that they are indeed using the V2's we send in to upgrade. That's why they said it would take 10 to 12 business days after receipt of our returns. I also initially thought that they had the new ones sitting and waiting to send out. He also told me that they were well staffed to get the upgrades done. I haven't heard anything about the progress on mine either (but it took 2 weeks to arrive since it initially went to their old address).

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #904 of 1,391
Manny and his team must have their hands full. I hope that they haven't encountered any problems.  

It has been 18 business days since I placed the order upgrade on Jul 5th and 21 business days since UPS confirmed LH Lab's receipt of my returned GO2 at their Roseville, CA facility.
In my case, the GO2 was actually sent back for a RMA repair a few days before I placed the order for the upgrade. 

I still need to check to see whether my credit card was actually charged.

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #905 of 1,391
  Manny and his team must have their hands full. I hope that they haven't encountered any problems.  

It has been 18 business days since I placed the order upgrade on Jul 5th and 21 business days since UPS confirmed LH Lab's receipt of my returned GO2 at their Roseville, CA facility.
In my case, the GO2 was actually sent back for a RMA repair a few days before I placed the order for the upgrade. 

I still need to check to see whether my credit card was actually charged.

We have around 100 boards fully tested and ready to ship. Chassis is on its way to arrive here. Currently on track. 

Larry

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #906 of 1,391
Larry,

How is the Geek Out V2+ Infinity coming along?  What are the expectations around shippment?  Last I've heard, I believe it was for all to be shippened by end of July.  Since that has come and gone, what is the new estimated on shippment dates?  (not waiting on the leather cover).

Thanks in advance!

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #907 of 1,391
Any news if this upgrade is going to be made more widely available, as in able to be bought in its own right?

I have been operating under the assumption that such a thing would happen sooner rather than later.

I would like to test that v2a vs that burson conductor air! I will be keeping my ears open.

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #908 of 1,391

We have around 100 boards fully tested and ready to ship. Chassis is on its way to arrive here. Currently on track. 

Larry

Hi Larry,

I don't want to seem harsh but if you don't have the chassis, there is nothing actually ready to ship.
Would you please give a date when you expect to ship the GO2A units?

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #909 of 1,391

Larry

Larry, the offer specifically stated 10-12 business days. We are past that timeframe. Does this mean that the timeframe given was 100% incorrect (and did LH Labs expect that to happen?). 

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #910 of 1,391

Larry, the offer specifically stated 10-12 business days. We are past that timeframe. Does this mean that the timeframe given was 100% incorrect (and did LH Labs expect that to happen?). 

Offering a timeline of 10-12 days when they didn't even have the chassis on hand seems to be pretty wishful thinking to me.  Been 21 days since they received mine now.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #911 of 1,391

Offering a timeline of 10-12 days when they didn't even have the chassis on hand seems to be pretty wishful thinking to me.  Been 21 days since they received mine now.

Maybe the "10-12 days after received" was followed by invisible print that said "assuming we have all the parts" it was 10-12 days after the unit and the related parts were received? Maybe they just didn't know or were a bit optimistic? Hopefully it will move soon...

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #912 of 1,391
Hello.

I am new to this thread and I was going through previous posts. I noticed that this GOV2 had many QC issues and now it is getting resolved by upgrading to GO2A.

Is it possible to purchase updated version instead of purchasing original GOV2 and choose upgrade option?

I Checked LH website and cannot find newly updated version.

Does this mean that it is not open to public yet?

Thank you.. 

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #913 of 1,391
I don't think the GO2A is on general release yet:

1. I think LHLabs are providing an opportunity to upgrade first, for their GOV2 backers. They would be absolutely panned if they didn't.

2. An upgrade 'manufacturing process' is quite different from a product delivery. In some senses it's more difficult (eg the communication and returns activity), in another way, it's easier, as the components being upgraded are quite few, and I'd guess, discrete.

3. Ultimately the LHLabs Geek Out line will survive if it gets good ratings from reviewers AND customers. For that to happen, it needs to have transitioned off the 3D-printed chassis. I'm not saying 3D-printing is a complete mistake - it just doesn't, currently, have the look, feel or structural integrity required.

4. Once the V2+ backlog has been delivered and the GO2A upgrade completed, I'm sure we'll see general release.

I'd also suggest LHLabs look at their product naming conventions: it's too easy to get the wrong product, currently, when doing Google searches.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #914 of 1,391
I don't think the GO2A is on general release yet:

1. I think LHLabs are providing an opportunity to upgrade first, for their GOV2 backers. They would be absolutely panned if they didn't.

2. An upgrade 'manufacturing process' is quite different from a product delivery. In some senses it's more difficult (eg the communication and returns activity), in another way, it's easier, as the components being upgraded are quite few, and I'd guess, discrete.

3. Ultimately the LHLabs Geek Out line will survive if it gets good ratings from reviewers AND customers. For that to happen, it needs to have transitioned off the 3D-printed chassis. I'm not saying 3D-printing is a complete mistake - it just doesn't, currently, have the look, feel or structural integrity required.

4. Once the V2+ backlog has been delivered and the GO2A upgrade completed, I'm sure we'll see general release.

I'd also suggest LHLabs look at their product naming conventions: it's too easy to get the wrong product, currently, when doing Google searches.

Thank you very much.. I do not like plastic cover hence hold off getting one and notice that upgrade will replace with aluminium chasis which is welcome change:clap:

Given their track record, i guess that it may take at least few months to see public updated version on Amazon.. Hope it becomes available sooner :pray:

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #915 of 1,391
@larry

any update on when cases will be available and when upgrade to GO V2A will begin to be shipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back