LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
May 30, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #1,276 of 1,391
I also have a VE balanced cable that I used on the daily.

Whether it's in my head or actual sound improvement, my shockwave iii's like the balanced out with the junkosha red cable. Not so much the Litz or the espresso cable.

That's interesting. Apart from the sound, any specific improvements in terms of handling for these cables, that you have noticed?

This is what my HD700 cable from VE looks like:

Unfortunately I'm not sure what cable this is as it was sent to me to get my feedback on it (I've bought most of my other VE cables myself though) but I'll ask Lee what it is and let you know.

Looks nice. Based on the options, I'm seeing, seems like this might be the Junkosha silver wire*4. Thanks for the pic. How have these cables been for you? VE cables seems to be ridiculous VFM (compared to other aftermarket cables, especially when one is not looking for very long ones). Good to hear, that other head-fiers have had positive experience with the brand :)

May 30, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,277 of 1,391
That's interesting. Apart from the sound, any specific improvements in terms of handling for these cables, that you have noticed?

Looks nice. Based on the options, I'm seeing, seems like this might be the Junkosha silver wire*4. Thanks for the pic. How have these cables been for you? VE cables seems to be ridiculous VFM (compared to other aftermarket cables, especially when one is not looking for very long ones). Good to hear, that other head-fiers have had positive experience with the brand :)

Yeah, I'm generally a suckered for VFM and have found VE to be one of the companies giving me that. I've also got a very nice thin braided cable for my HD650 as well as the basic cable (that's indeed a bit stiff) for the HE400i and HD650. I've also got loads of adapters both with XLR and TRRS connections and I'm very happy with all of them.

I'm an agnostic when it comes to cables and sound but it's of course a difference between balanced and single ended with many of my sources. Can't deny that it's very nice with the thin and lightweight cables though.

May 30, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #1,278 of 1,391

Litz sounded thin and hollow.

Espresso just didn't sound as good as the Junkosha, but nothing really specific.

It's cheap though, but they're all cheap.

May 31, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,279 of 1,391

Attachments

• LH Labs GO2Pro Infinity Firmware.zip
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #1,280 of 1,391
Finally got the GO2Pro Infinity 2.1 firmware.

I now have 1.5, 2.0 and 2.1.

https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/9951763.zip

Hi Roen,

guess you have installed 2.1 on your Infinity, right?
But will you be able to "downgrade" again (for instance to 1.5)?

Using the FW for my GO2ASE I´m not able to install 1.5 again (upgrade procedure fails).
So guys should keep this in mind that they might have to stay on 2.1.

But maybe this is just an issue with my SE?

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,281 of 1,391
Hi Roen,

Using the FW for my GO2ASE I´m not able to install 1.5 again (upgrade procedure fails).

I'd try it if I had v1.5 firmware file. I actually prefer the sound of v1.5 much more. It was just perfect for me. The FRM filter for 2.1 sounds brighter and more congested and it sounds like something between balanced and SE output.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,284 of 1,391
I'd try it if I had v1.5 firmware file. I actually prefer the sound of v1.5 much more. It was just perfect for me. The FRM filter for 2.1 sounds brighter and more congested and it sounds like something between balanced and SE output.

Which device do you have again?

The FW files are readily available on the chinese fan club site.

Perhaps it would sound better if you had an SE with Femto Clocks.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,285 of 1,391
So, if I understood correctly. For GO V2+, firmware upgrade won't be available? It would be available only for GO2A and its variants?

I believe 2.0 is available on the Chinese Fan Club website earlier in this thread. You'll have to do some work to dig up the posts.

2.1, you'd have to open a ticket.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,286 of 1,391
Hi Roen,

They sent me both 1.5 and 2.1, so I'm assuming I am able to downgrade.

Have you tried power cycling or switching USB ports? I have more success on a USB 2.0 port.

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,289 of 1,391
I have the gov2+ infinity. I am don't speak chinese, so I don't know where they are. Could you link me the thread?

My chinese isn't great either, I just clicked around the threads and found one with the firmware files. The threads are on in the same forum section as the 2.0 firmwares, on the first page of said section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back