LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
May 16, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #1,216 of 1,391
Hi, Here is the new updated feature list of Firmware 2.1 of GO2Pro and GO2A.

(1) New feature - Volume Control Buttons (Up and Down)
Total 128 digital segments with analog based gain control.
Just press the Up button to volume up. Down button to volume down.

(2) New feature - Line Out mode
Press the UP button all the way up. When you see the original signal mode LED change to Light Green.
GO2Pro and GO2A is entering Line Out mode which totally by-pass the volume control and designed to
connect directly to Headphone Amp or Pre-amp. Max Vrms on Singled-ended: 3.2V rms

* For Balanced output. Please connect TRRS to two XLR cable to balanced output. Also add and connect
another cable to connect GO2Pro/GO2A’s ground to Preamp’s ground via TRS Singled-ended cable.

(3) New feature - Smart Gain
GO2A and GO2Pro will choose the proper analog GAIN settings according to the current volume setting by button.
When you approach the -2dBFS of LOW-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to MID-GAIN.
When you approach the -2dBFS of MID-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to HIGH-GAIN.

If will give you the best synergy of digital volume control and analog gain setting.

(4) Updated feature - Please press TWO volume buttons at the same time to change digital mode/digital filter on the fly
TCM (Green) -> SSM (Red) -> FTM/FRM (Blue)

(5) Updated feature — Digital Mode 2.0
By developing the new digital filter algorithm for our DaVinci MK2’s DSD decoding engine, we use the similar method to
re-write the digital mode firmware inside GO2PRo and GO2A. Especially in FTM/FRM, we achieve the smoother sound on high,
even better sound stage. TCM has better FR on DSD playback.
(Remark: DaVinci’s PCM engine doesn’t use digital filter. Only on Dual engine 2.0’s DSD decoding side we have digital filter)

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,217 of 1,391
Never mind go2pro does not have femto clocks either. I think the go2pro and gov2+ have exactly the same components and features, but an upgrade chassis for the go2pro inf and non-inf.
Scroll down all the way to see spec.
https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000650338-geek-out-v2-user-manual
https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000020334-geek-out-go2-pro-user-manual-

Both GO2A and GO2Pro Signature edition will have TWO femto clocks. The Infinity and standard will use TCXO with lower jitter and phase error specs.
Also, in Signature edition, we will enhance the power supply circuit for these femto clocks. Analog components on output stage are enhanced too.

Cheers,

May 16, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #1,218 of 1,391

Press the UP button all the way up. When you see the original signal mode LED change to Light Green.
GO2Pro and GO2A is entering Line Out mode which totally by-pass the volume control and designed to
connect directly to Headphone Amp or Pre-amp. Max Vrms on Singled-ended: 3.2V rms

* For Balanced output. Please connect TRRS to two XLR cable to balanced output. Also add and connect
another cable to connect GO2Pro/GO2A’s ground to Preamp’s ground via TRS Singled-ended cable.

GO2A and GO2Pro will choose the proper analog GAIN settings according to the current volume setting by button.
When you approach the -2dBFS of LOW-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to MID-GAIN.
When you approach the -2dBFS of MID-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to HIGH-GAIN.

If will give you the best synergy of digital volume control and analog gain setting. 而且在超级灵敏的耳机底下,噪声更加减低

(4) Updated feature - Please press TWO volume buttons at the same time to change digital mode/digital filter on the fly

By developing the new digital filter algorithm for our DaVinci MK2’s DSD decoding engine, we use the similar method to
re-write the digital mode firmware inside GO2PRo and GO2A. Especially in FTM/FRM, we achieve the smoother sound on high,
(Remark: DaVinci’s PCM engine doesn’t use digital filter. Only on Dual engine 2.0’s DSD decoding side we have digital filter)

Thanks Larry,
Questions:
i) where/how do we get the FW´s?
ii) will there also be a FW2.1 for the GO2ProSE as well as for the GO2ASE?

May 16, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #1,222 of 1,391
I'm confused about this. Can someone (or Larry) clarify what this means?

Guess he means that in case you want to use the balanced output of your GO into the external amp, you need to have two cables (to avoid the hum):
i) from GO single ended (TRS) to amp single ended (RCA) and
ii) from GO balanced (TRRS) to amp balanced (XLR)

In case your external amp is only single ended then you "just" need to connect as mentioned in i)

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #1,223 of 1,391

Hi Larry,

is disabling the Line out mode the other way around: pressing the DOWN button all the way down?

May 16, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #1,224 of 1,391
Screen_Shot_2015-05-05_at_17.27.11_1024x1024.png

You can expect same performance from GOV2A (inf. and non-inf.) of GOV2+ INF., but it's obviously not battery powered. Main difference of gov2 and gov2+ is battery. Main difference of gov2+ and gov2a is also battery. Others are THD treatment, gain, and filter options.

I swear I saw the go2pro having femto clocks somewhere when it was announced, but can't find any detailed spec.

Edit: Go2pro inf or non inf does not have femto clocks.

Thanks for the effort.....but this comparison does not address the GOV2 vs. GO2A or the GOV2+ vs. GO2Pro.

If each pair is the same, that's fine, but I was hoping there would be a source that would show that they are identical with different name / chassis.

May 16, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #1,225 of 1,391

If will give you the best synergy of digital volume control and analog gain setting.

What is the difference between the 2.0 firmware on the Chinese Fan club site and the 2.1 firmware that you will release to the public?

May 16, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #1,226 of 1,391
Screen_Shot_2015-05-05_at_17.27.11_1024x1024.png

You can expect same performance from GOV2A (inf. and non-inf.) of GOV2+ INF., but it's obviously not battery powered. Main difference of gov2 and gov2+ is battery. Main difference of gov2+ and gov2a is also battery. Others are THD treatment, gain, and filter options.

I swear I saw the go2pro having femto clocks somewhere when it was announced, but can't find any detailed spec.

Edit: Go2pro inf or non inf does not have femto clocks.

Is that after the FW update? With the original FW I find the SE output on the V2+ Infinity to be better than that of the V2A Infinity.

May 16, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,227 of 1,391
Thanks for the effort.....but this comparison does not address the GOV2 vs. GO2A or the GOV2+ vs. GO2Pro.

If each pair is the same, that's fine, but I was hoping there would be a source that would show that they are identical with different name / chassis.
Well you can go to lh labs support page and look up manuals and they show identical spec.

May 16, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,229 of 1,391
Well you can go to lh labs support page and look up manuals and they show identical spec.
I've already done that, but I was hoping someone would have further insight.

May 16, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #1,230 of 1,391
I was told that the 2.1 fixed some issue on the 2.0 when adjusting volume control but I don't get a chance to try yet. They do have 2.1 firmware for go2pro on their server available to download but no go2a. I will wait for Larry to release on their websit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back