LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
May 11, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,186 of 1,391
my friend had one of these and it messed up the frequency response. was unlistenable. like the other guy said, try the iem match. you would be hard pressed to hear a change in the freq response. the impedance level is really low like next to nothing at 1-3 ohms which is zilcb.

May 11, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,187 of 1,391
my friend had one of these and it messed up the frequency response. was unlistenable. like the other guy said, try the iem match. you would be hard pressed to hear a change in the freq response. the impedance level is really low like next to nothing at 1-3 ohms which is zilcb.

What are you referring to?

May 14, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #1,188 of 1,391
Does anyone know why my gov2+ is not recognized even with drivers installed? I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Anniversary update and it keeps saying Windows cannot verify the digital signature code (code 52) after I manually tried to install the driver via device manager. Is there any workaround for this?

Edit: Driver v2.29 works perfectly. Too bad they haven't fixed this issue yet with 3.26.
Is your Win10 up to date? I once heard that it needs digital signature on win 10 but I recently moved from Win 7 to 10 and it seems the problem solved with 3.26 driver and probably with a new update from Win 10.

May 14, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #1,189 of 1,391
My experience w/ GO V2 is that when you start your computer {Windows}, GO 2 versions do not retain user settings, and default to low gain. I reported this (early testing) to LH Labs. Get use to the reset.
I just updated to 2.0 firmware the gain option now becomes part of volume control. I leave it default and adjust the volume in Foobar.

May 14, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #1,190 of 1,391
If you have powered speakers, should you use low, middle or high gain?
The new 2.0 firmware now has a line out option.....

May 14, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,191 of 1,391
I just updated to 2.0 firmware the gain option now becomes part of volume control. I leave it default and adjust the volume in Foobar.
I think the creators update solves this as mentioned above. I went there, too many bugs rolled back to anniversary, but yes my Windows is up-to-date. I have no problems with 2.29, so I'll just stick with it. So excited for firmware 2.0, where did you get it???

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #1,192 of 1,391
I think the creators update solves this as mentioned above. I went there, too many bugs rolled back to anniversary, but yes my Windows is up-to-date. I have no problems with 2.29, so I'll just stick with it. So excited for firmware 2.0, where did you get it???
I got it from the LH chinese fans club. I don't see it on the company website either but I still decided to give it a try. They claim that a better version of digital filter is applied plus an additional line out setting. The two keys on the machine now become volume adjustment (+ and -). Manual gain selection is removed. The gain changes while the volume turns up and down accordingly. I have an infinite version not sure how well it works on regular as it has two gain stages only. It alos makes me feel the infinite version is no different than the regular then?
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #1,193 of 1,391
I got it from the LH chinese fans club. I don't see it on the company website either but I still decided to give it a try. They claim that a better version of digital filter is applied plus an additional line out setting. The two keys on the machine now become volume adjustment (+ and -). Manual gain selection is removed. The gain changes while the volume turns up and down accordingly. I have an infinite version not sure how well it works on regular as it has two gain stages only. It alos makes me feel the infinite version is no different than the regular then?

Can someone post a link and instructions?

Regarding the Infinity being the same as the regular, that's not surprising, based on this company's MO.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #1,194 of 1,391
Here is the link for the 2.0 fireware for both GO2A and GO2PRO:
http://www.yosemine.com.cn/thread-495-1-1.html
The instruction is in Chinese.

If you want to change filter options press both keys at the same time [TCM (green) -> SSM (red) -> FTM/FRM (blue)]
They indicate that this is a 2.0 digital pattern, expecially in FTM/FRM mode the sound quality is improved and better frequency response replaying DSD files.

If you want line out mode, press and hold volume control + button (it used to be the button to change filter options) until the filter LED light turns green.

May 15, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #1,195 of 1,391
Is the FTM the so called "Femto Time Mode"? Thought this was only used with the Pulse/ViDac.
Besides that I wasn´t aware that the GO/Pro Infinity models have femto clocks inside.

Anyway.. strange that the FW isn´t distributed officially.

May 15, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,196 of 1,391
Mixed feelings about the volume control now.

It cuts out when you're trying to lower volume. Also no way to tell when you've hit the bottom of the range. I definitely need an IEMatch though.

Seems like Hibymusic does nothing when you adjust the HW volume control on the app. All volume control is done on the unit now. That's both good and bad. Bad because there's no volume meter now.

May 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,197 of 1,391
Is the FTM the so called "Femto Time Mode"? Thought this was only used with the Pulse/ViDac.
Besides that I wasn´t aware that the GO/Pro Infinity models have femto clocks inside.

Anyway.. strange that the FW isn´t distributed officially.
Signature Editions have Dual Femto Clocks

May 15, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,199 of 1,391
What about the GO2Pro?

May 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #1,200 of 1,391
installed the infinity firmware onto my geek out v2+ (non infinity) and it works great! also tried the standard edition and it worked as well. Guess there is no difference?

Only thing I notice is when changing volume down while music is playing it seems to "skip" (no sound heard) and changes the volume slowly while when turning the volume up there is no "skip" and sound can still be heard. Weird. any insight on this?

update-

my geekout v2+ (regular)

now has a third gain stage and another filter! same as infinity version!

(flashed with the infinity go2apro firmware)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back