LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Mar 17, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #1,172 of 1,391
I'm using GO2A SE with Andromeda. Hiss is about double the GOV2 level and so very audible. Balanced the hiss is about double single ended which makes sense. IEMatch cleans it up 90% on High and 100% on Ultra. Some are reporting IEMatch alters the FR and sonics but honestly I'm not picking that up...I have casually A/B'ed the IEMatch/no IEMatch with both the SE Litz and balanced tinsel cable. Of course the background is altered as it goes blacker so there is a sonic difference that may be burying a subtle change.

In contrast a simple impedance adapter (Penon 25 ohm) dramatically alters the FR and creates splashy, trashy treble.

Thank you very much. I bought it today. Compared to my own impedance adaptor, iematch really does the job well. It provides dark background without altering the sound (at least I can't tell). The impedance adaptor messes up the sq drastically by contrast. Paring v2+ with t8ie. Problem solved.

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #1,173 of 1,391
I sometimes run into my Piccolo amp just so I can have a volume knob :rolleyes: output seems pretty clean on low gain but I'm probably the last person who would notice distortion.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,175 of 1,391
As of today, my GO2A will NOT WORK in my laptop. I've turned off driver verification, I've reset, I've run troubleshooting, I've done everything. The PC won't recognize the device at alI. I now have something that I've spent almost 400 dollars on that is useless. LH Labs need to address this ASAP and either a) submit their drivers to Microsoft or b) figure something else out. Is anyone else having this issue? (yes, I just submitted a ticket to LH Labs)

Edit: My GO 1000 does not work either. When I get home I'm going to try my 450 and then I'm going to try my Dragonfly Black. This has to be something software related directly to LH Labs.

Edit 2: Tested it. The Dragonfly works flawlessly. Other USB devices work flawlessly. I uninstalled the latest LH Labs 3.26 Audio Driver, and installed the earlier 2.29 (using Windows 10). The DACs now work with that software. What's really weird is the 3.26 version still works on my desktop (Windows 10).

May 5, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #1,176 of 1,391
Just curious...has anybody owning a GO2A successfully used the device with WIN 10 since UAC2 support should now be available with the WIN 10 Creators upgrade?

Will the GO be recognized immediately (hence no need to get a LHL Win 10 driver anymore)?

May 6, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #1,177 of 1,391
I've spent a lot of time going back and forth between the Modi Multibit and the GO2a. They are both excellent DACs and if you were choosing between them, you can't lose. In absolute terms I would lean towards the Momby as a slightly superior DAC, with more energy, detail, and realism, but it's not a slam dunk in favor of the Momby. When I stop comparing and sit back to listen, they're equally enjoyable.

The Momby has a smaller, more focused soundstage that gives the music a more forward energy. The GO2a is more laid back, with a wider soundstage that allows the music and instruments more room to breathe. The other major difference is in the bass. Momby has more of it and more impact. The GO2a has good bass texture but I'm hearing it whereas with the Momby I'm feeling it.

If you need a portable DAC, the GO2a (or GOV2+) is IMO the best you can get (though I haven't heard the Mojo). If you'll only be listening on a desktop, I'd say get a Modi Multibit.

Were you running the GO2A balanced or unbalanced?

May 8, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #1,179 of 1,391
I am using middle gain on Windows and the GO2A gets reset to low gain everytime the computer reboot. Is there anyway to save this setting?

May 10, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #1,180 of 1,391
I am using middle gain on Windows and the GO2A gets reset to low gain everytime the computer reboot. Is there anyway to save this setting?

My experience w/ GO V2 is that when you start your computer {Windows}, GO 2 versions do not retain user settings, and default to low gain. I reported this (early testing) to LH Labs. Get use to the reset.

May 10, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #1,181 of 1,391
If you have powered speakers, should you use low, middle or high gain?

May 11, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #1,183 of 1,391
Does anyone know why my gov2+ is not recognized even with drivers installed? I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Anniversary update and it keeps saying Windows cannot verify the digital signature code (code 52) after I manually tried to install the driver via device manager. Is there any workaround for this?

Edit: Driver v2.29 works perfectly. Too bad they haven't fixed this issue yet with 3.26.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,184 of 1,391
Just curious...has anybody owning a GO2A successfully used the device with WIN 10 since UAC2 support should now be available with the WIN 10 Creators upgrade?

Will the GO be recognized immediately (hence no need to get a LHL Win 10 driver anymore)?
I went through the trouble of updating to creators update with clean windows installation and boy it was a mess. Unfortunately did not test my v2+ on it because I couldn't even get softwares to run from the search box. Even cmd had no response, so I couldn't even open that lol Had to wipe my ssd and install anniversary update. Later I searched up creators update and it seems like it's a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back