LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Nov 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #661 of 1,391
anyone have photo of the special case
popcorn.gif

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #663 of 1,391
Anyone tried this to drive a balanced HD650? I am hunting a balanced and transportable DAC/AMP for my HD650. 

Purrin has, felt very positive about it.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #664 of 1,391
  Anyone tried this to drive a balanced HD650? I am hunting a balanced and transportable DAC/AMP for my HD650. 

When I was raving like a lunatic a few days ago, it was when I connected this in balanced to my HD650 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #665 of 1,391

Yup, it works very nicely
wink_face.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #666 of 1,391
Question: was there at any point two versions of the V2 --- a production unit, and then a finalized tweaked version? I'm talking about SOUND only. If so: how do you identify the first version vs the second unit? Any markings or numbers on the box or unit itself?

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #667 of 1,391
  Question: was there at any point two versions of the V2 --- a production unit, and then a finalized tweaked version? I'm talking about SOUND only. If so: how do you identify the first version vs the second unit? Any markings or numbers on the box or unit itself?

To complicate this question even further, where does the Geek out V2 Signature Edition fit into this hierarchy of releases?  On that note, I just received this notification from Larry:

Geek Out V2 Signature Edition start shipping tomorrow!

And we have one special wood box for you to keep it save. 

Sound wise, we spent quite some time to finalize the digital modes parameters. Each digital modes are fine tuned. Also, hand matched analog components brings down the THD even lower. You will know what it will bring to you when you connect it. 

We already burn-in for 48 hours.  Don't forget, when you get it, better spent another 80 hours if possible. 

Enjoy!

Larry

It would seem there are claims being made here for a possible improved sound signature, however, it would seem this Signature Edition is retaining the form of the old much lamented chassis, unless something about the looks of the unit is deceiving my eyes.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #669 of 1,391
Nice!  I'm surprised they moved away from the Gold for signature editions though

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #670 of 1,391
Wow, that does look nice! Wonder how I can get one... :)

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #671 of 1,391
  Nice!  I'm surprised they moved away from the Gold for signature editions though

The white balance on my phone is a little off. It's pretty close to gold, 'champagne' I guess.

The 3D printing seems way cleaner than other units I have seen so far. I hope this improvement has filtered down to the other tiers. The gold appears to be painted on (and not all that well to be honest).

Sound impressions later.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #673 of 1,391
Ok so I have spent a few hours with the SE driving my HD6xx via the balanced output and IEMs via single ended.

It drives HD6xx surprisingly well. Tight and well controlled. Equivalent to my memories of Bifrost/Valhalla 2. Bifrost multibit edges it out for some nuances and spatial cues.

This is an endgame amp for IEMs. Pitch black background. Again, clean and tight. The smoothest Sabre presentation I have heard with my IEMs.

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #674 of 1,391
It looks spraypainted. Gotta love that LH fit and finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back