LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Oct 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #541 of 1,391
can anyone compare V2 to HA2? only SQ wise. thx

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #542 of 1,391
can anyone compare V2 to HA2? only SQ wise. thx

A couple of people, yeah. GOV2 rated much higher from those opinions.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #543 of 1,391
A couple of people, yeah. GOV2 rated much higher from those opinions.

Would appreciate link or post # if it is in this thread (search does not work due to firewall restrictions). I have only seen comparisons between the original GO and HA2 in the HA2 thread.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #544 of 1,391
I think it was the V2+ thread. I'm on mobile and about to start work, will try and dig up the post later if nobody beats me to it.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #545 of 1,391
I think it was the V2+ thread. I'm on mobile and about to start work, will try and dig up the post later if nobody beats me to it.

No problem. I only purchased the V2, so I did not read the V2+ thread. Thanks
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #546 of 1,391
  No problem. I only purchased the V2, so I did not read the V2+ thread. Thanks
beerchug.gif

They use the same guts, so should be very similar in SQ. 

And having listened to the V2+ and the HA2 I'd say the V2+ wins easily IMHO. V2+ is better in terms of resolution and musicality. The HA2 is no slacker, it's a very well made piece of gear, it's just the V2+ is really nice. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #547 of 1,391
  They use the same guts, so should be very similar in SQ. 

And having listened to the V2+ and the HA2 I'd say the V2+ wins easily IMHO. V2+ is better in terms of resolution and musicality. The HA2 is no slacker, it's a very well made piece of gear, it's just the V2+ is really nice. 

I have the V2 and HA-2 on hand at the moment and have not formally compared, but this aligns with my impression also (this is partly due to the V2 having more power for more difficult to drive loads).

The HA-2 still has a lot to recommend it - line out, overpoweringly better build quality and materials, better volume control, able to work with iOS without CCK, battery bank capability and fast charging. Certainly still see the HA-2 as the better piece of gear for some people depending on use-cases.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #548 of 1,391

I have the V2 and HA-2 on hand at the moment and have not formally compared, but this aligns with my impression also (this is partly due to the V2 having more power for more difficult to drive loads).

The HA-2 still has a lot to recommend it - line out, overpoweringly better build quality and materials, better volume control, able to work with iOS without CCK, battery bank capability and fast charging. Certainly still see the HA-2 as the better piece of gear for some people depending on use-cases.

Agree. It's SQ versus use-case and build quality in this comparison. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #549 of 1,391
^ thanks guys for input

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #551 of 1,391
I am eyeing on  V2+ since the campaign but I didn't back it bcs of the waiting time. (damn I should)
I have GO720 and loving it, V2 should be different level so very tempting. wanted something portable for my iPhone, but V2+ needs CCK anyway right?

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #552 of 1,391
  I am eyeing on  V2+ since the campaign but I didn't back it bcs of the waiting time. (damn I should)
I have GO720 and loving it, V2 should be different level so very tempting. wanted something portable for my iPhone, but V2+ needs CCK anyway right?

If you are going for the V2+ I would wait and see what changes they make to the case (I think I am correct in thinking changes are in the pipelines right?.) The V2 is sort of like the HE1000, sounds awesome, but the build quality and materials of construction leave a lot to be desired. I'd hazard a guess your GO720 has a better build to it than the V2, though it probably gets hotter. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the V2+'s updated case. If they could get the metal case build quality of the original GO plus the heat dissapating qualities of the V2 case, that would would be great. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #553 of 1,391
  If you are going for the V2+ I would wait and see what changes they make to the case (I think I am correct in thinking changes are in the pipelines right?.) The V2 is sort of like the HE1000, sounds awesome, but the build quality and materials of construction leave a lot to be desired. I'd hazard a guess your GO720 has a better build to it than the V2, though it probably gets hotter. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the V2+'s updated case. If they could get the metal case build quality of the original GO plus the heat dissapating qualities of the V2 case, that would would be great. 

Good point. And you'll actually have to wait as I don't think they're selling/shipping any more V2+'s until the case gets reworked. The V2+ Infinity unit I have currently is a prototype, so it has the original case. 

And I haven't noticed any issues with heat at all, but then again I'm used to the ALO CDM with two tubes in it! 

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #554 of 1,391
As much as LH ruffles my feathers, the glowing reviews of the V2 in spite of its case leave me quite impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back