LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Jul 21, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #137 of 371
The biggest improvements for me is the meridian tuning which bring out a more balanced cleaner sound output. Seems like there's more musical detail in the high frequencies to the mids otherwise it's closer between the V30. The V40 also has this meridian tuning. I like the added EQ that's baked into the OS, although i haven't used it cause i'm liking the meridian tuned sound. For now that's pretty much it until i can listen to more music.
Please review LG V50 sound quality now. Hope you listened more music.

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #138 of 371
Just upgraded to the v50 from my v20. The phone itself is great but the sound from the headphone jack isn't as good as the v20. Mind, I did have the B&O version. It sounds as if maybe the mids are more recessed. On the plus side, I can now keep my v20 in permanent airplane mode as a Dap.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #139 of 371
1. The quad DAC sound, DTS-X 3D Surround is only available for music playback.
2. You cannot use the side buttons to skip radio presents, however all the stations are saved in right order and you can access them at any time and there is RDS function.

Could the FM radio music be sent from LG V50 to BTR5 or any other DAP via LDAC wirelessly? (With earphones plugged into V50's 3.5mm, of course.)

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #140 of 371
Hello everyone I have a problem with my LG V50. Why the Bluetooth audio it’s so low? I tried several TWS and there are not so good in terms of maximum volume. If I use the same headphones on IPad or other phones, the maximum volume is really good and more powerful. Is there something I can do? Or what smartphone can I buy with a good And powerful audio?

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #141 of 371
Could the FM radio music be sent from LG V50 to BTR5 or any other DAP via LDAC wirelessly? (With earphones plugged into V50's 3.5mm, of course.)
No, it can't.
The radio doesn't start when a bluetooth audio device is connected.
It also stops working when a bluetooth headset will be connect to the smartphone.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #142 of 371
Hello everyone I have a problem with my LG V50. Why the Bluetooth audio it’s so low? I tried several TWS and there are not so good in terms of maximum volume. If I use the same headphones on IPad or other phones, the maximum volume is really good and more powerful. Is there something I can do? Or what smartphone can I buy with a good And powerful audio?
I think you have a problem with the phone,either hardware or some setting that is on limiting output?I have G8x,which is the EXACT same internals,identical DAC & Tuning & I am sending LDAC BT5.0 to my Burson Conductor 3P & it is AMAZING!Here is comparison between V50 & G8x so you see your BT out should be as good as mine..G8x on left,V50 on right..

SOUNDLoudspeakerYes, with stereo speakersYes, with stereo speakers
3.5mm jackYesYes
32-bit/192kHz audio
24-bit/192kHz audio recording
Tuned by Meridian Audio
32-bit/192kHz audio
24-bit/192kHz audio recording
Tuned with Meridian Audio
COMMSWLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspotWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #143 of 371
I don’t think I have a problem with the hardware because a friend of mine have LG G7 and I notice the same issue. I think there is some bug or limitation in the software.... even with the Sony XM3 with the Bluetooth you have to raise up the volume for listening good.

Nov 20, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #146 of 371
I decided to get the V50. My Samsung Galaxy wasn't cutting it in terms of the usb audio output bit-rate bandwidth, and also the LDAC BT codec stability at 990kbps. I heard LG V30+ does 990kbps with "best effort" setting, and I was impressed. I wanted something that's close to the latest and doesn't break the bank, and V50 turned out to be it.

I decided to go with the V50 for my Sony WH-1000XM3 for LDAC quality streams. And also being able to use my phone as a streamer to my DAC via usb.

I was considering going with iphone for best AAC performance, but I decided against it because my fav app, Usb Audio Player Pro isn't available for ios. I like Apple software, but this kind of issue holds me back from using an iphone.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #148 of 371
I decided to get the V50. My Samsung Galaxy wasn't cutting it in terms of the usb audio output bit-rate bandwidth, and also the LDAC BT codec stability at 990kbps. I heard LG V30+ does 990kbps with "best effort" setting, and I was impressed. I wanted something that's close to the latest and doesn't break the bank, and V50 turned out to be it.

I decided to go with the V50 for my Sony WH-1000XM3 for LDAC quality streams. And also being able to use my phone as a streamer to my DAC via usb.

I was considering going with iphone for best AAC performance, but I decided against it because my fav app, Usb Audio Player Pro isn't available for ios. I like Apple software, but this kind of issue holds me back from using an iphone.
Please let us know how it turns out for you.
I'm going to get the V50 in case my V30 will crack even more. ^^

It's a very durable smartphone, but several drops > than 1.5 meters and some slides has left some cracks on the screen and the back.
Although it's working quite well and i won't live without the sound of it, wether it's out of the jack or via bluetooth (with BTR5).

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #149 of 371
Upgraded also to V50 from V20. Disabled updates since UAPP had problems on LG G8/V50 and up w/ Android 10 (don't know w/ 11) . Remained on Android 9.

So far Phone and Audio SQ is solid.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #150 of 371
I recently got a new LG V50, and I like it a lot. It's faster data speed than an old S8+ I had, and just in general snappier. I like the OLED display, and I don't see much difference with the software from Samsung. Quite similar. The only thing I miss is the LED indicators on Samsung, as it's quite useful.

As far as sound, I'd have to listen a bit to get familiar. I already like that it can do 192khz output via usb, so I can use it as a streamer to my DAC with USB Audio Player Pro bit-perfect. I mainly got it for bluetooth usage with my Sony WH-1000XM3 so that LDAC in the highest quality mode will be more stable than other phones. BT volume goes up quite high as well.

It's very phone case friendly, and I got a good thin case that has a protruding edges. It's not a edge style phone like the Samsung, so it fits cases much better.

I got it at a good price since it's the last gen, and I find it to be an under-rated phone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back