LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Oct 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #61 of 371
Does the Korean version work on Verizon? I need wifi calling and really want the dual screen setup.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #62 of 371
Good day! Has anyone tried to compare the G8 to the v50? V50 here in my locale is pricy

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #64 of 371
I have the v50 and the v30. The v50 has the dual screen option and is the Korean version. To me they sound the same. Go figure. I do hate one thing about the v50. Even though you switch to English, the “$” key is replaced with “₩” . Drives me crazy.

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #65 of 371
I have the v50 and the v30. The v50 has the dual screen option and is the Korean version. To me they sound the same. Go figure. I do hate one thing about the v50. Even though you switch to English, the “$” key is replaced with “₩” . Drives me crazy.

Id like to get the dual screen, does the korean version work in the US...like for ATT? Im wondering should I just wait and see in the V60 has the dual screen.

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #66 of 371
so i have my v30+ for a while now and i am looking to upgrade. phone and dap or both seperately. to be more presice, i am torn between upgarding to v50 or buying WM1A as a bit of step up in SQ.

Any owners of v30/v50 able to compare WM1A and drop an opiion on wether the SQ improvement over LG is good enough to justify an extra brick in your pocket?

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #68 of 371
so i have my v30+ for a while now and i am looking to upgrade. phone and dap or both seperately. to be more presice, i am torn between upgarding to v50 or buying WM1A as a bit of step up in SQ.

Any owners of v30/v50 able to compare WM1A and drop an opiion on wether the SQ improvement over LG is good enough to justify an extra brick in your pocket?

This Sony player should have better sound, probably way better, but it has no smart features, no internet or streaming possibility.

AFAIK current Walkmen have LDAC receiver though- works pretty well for streaming if paired with a phone, but as mentioned above there are better (or more cost-efficient or smaller) options (bluetooth/usb dac/amps, android WiFi DAP etc...) if streaming is a priority over offline listening.

Personally would consider WM1A a decent upgrade (demo'd not owned) but find I resist using chunkier DAPs on-the go and that v30 is a very adequate source for most headphones in those situations, but everyone has different cans, tolerances & priorities (needing balanced cable to maximize WM1A/zx300 performance (according to user impressions) another consideration).

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #72 of 371
Is there a settled view out there as to whether the V50 is a worthwhile upgrade over the V30 purely in sq terms?
It's purely subjective. I prefer the 40 over the 30, but not everyone agrees. I feel like it's better all around, from both a technical and pleasing standpoint. Details, nuances, head room and imaging seem better to me. But these changes are only present because it was hand tuned, and we're not talking night and day differences.

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #74 of 371
Thanks - that meridian tuning sounds like something Is go for. If it results in a slightly softer, warmer sound with greater head space then that would represent an upgrade for me over my beloved V30
Sounds about right, though I wouldn't quite describe it as warmer necessarily.

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #75 of 371
Good afternoon, has anyone been able to compare the LG G7 with the LG V50?
Right now I have a g7 and I am very happy with some in ear fiio fh7 and fh1.
With the LG V50 will I gain in sound quality?
Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back