LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #33 of 371
Sound review between v30 and v50 please.

The biggest improvements for me is the meridian tuning which bring out a more balanced cleaner sound output. Seems like there's more musical detail in the high frequencies to the mids otherwise it's closer between the V30. The V40 also has this meridian tuning. I like the added EQ that's baked into the OS, although i haven't used it cause i'm liking the meridian tuned sound. For now that's pretty much it until i can listen to more music.

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #34 of 371
Any new owners of the LG V50? I should be gettin my Korean version in few days. Looking forward to sell the V40 right after :)
Sadly that the storage and RAM is the same, but I love the bigger battery and latest more power efficient chip on 7 mm vs 10 mm on the V40.
And not mention that the Android 9.0 is taking forever to arrive.

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #35 of 371
I'll sell you my V50. I'm going you wait for the new 6G signal that's coming in a few years.

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #38 of 371
Happy with the battery life so far.

Screenshot_20190619-084034.png

Jun 23, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #39 of 371
Just picked up the V50, and I am wondering why I cant turn it up. Volume is really limited using my headphones. Is there something I am doing wrong? I Have Audiotechnica MSR7 headphone plugged into 3.5 mm jack.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #42 of 371
Been messing aroung quite a bit and used poweramp app to play my FLAC files. Mucho better. Can also use poweramp with andriod auto to play HIRES files. Sounds great once you tune the EQ to compensate for the car audios inadequacies.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #44 of 371
Dear LG V50 owners, in terms of Tidal, do you prefer the sound quality from Tidal's app, or UAPP (with MQA add-on) ?

Happy to hear some feedback.....
The sound from the Tidal app is pretty good. I am however having trouble with UAPP. when I stream Tidal via UAPP, it forces me to use the android driver, or connect a USB DAC. It will not let me use the HIRES driver. Contacted Audio Evolution Mobile to see if it is just a matter of the V50 being so new and maybe they will have to update the app for it. This means I am not getting MQA playback at max resolution, it is at 44K instead.

Aug 18, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #45 of 371
The sound from the Tidal app is pretty good. I am however having trouble with UAPP. when I stream Tidal via UAPP, it forces me to use the android driver, or connect a USB DAC. It will not let me use the HIRES driver. Contacted Audio Evolution Mobile to see if it is just a matter of the V50 being so new and maybe they will have to update the app for it. This means I am not getting MQA playback at max resolution, it is at 44K instead.
What do you mean by Tidal app is "pretty good"? It's lossless FLAC quality files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back