LG V30
Jul 15, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #3,646 of 6,140
Yeah but Samsung phone screens and/or cameras tend to have an issue with color accuracy (see pair of pics right below giraffes.......... Berlin skyline), so I wouldn't call them perfect either. lol

Nice on the Beyer! I just last week bought the DT-1770 Pro. Absolutely LOVE it! Best headphones I've ever owned yet!!

Well the Pioneer is only an amp, so I wouldn't compare it to the other two really. But still, that's awesome man! It never ceases to amaze me when ppl say the V30 sounds better than their straight amp/DAC or DAP device.

I'm gonna go with the 990 sounding better with the V30 than the 6XX. But we'll see. lol

I'm inclined to agree. I'm hoping that it'll pair nicely with my Topping D3 fed by my AV PC running Music Bee in WASAPI mode through the SPDIF output. Fingers crossed...

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #3,647 of 6,140
In my post on XDA, which I linked here earlier, I have a link to instructions on how to fix that (in red).

Try following that and let me know. I had the same issue but then since I did that (VERY easy fix), it's been fine. Make sure you clear cache of & force close stock camera app at the end too before rebooting.

Again, let me know if it worked.

Nice! Thanks for that. I'll let everyone know if its fixed over next couple of days.

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,650 of 6,140
The Elear are driven with aplomb by the V30, too.

Yeah they're 86 ohms, so not too bad.

My new Beyer DT-1770 Pros are 250 ohms, and even with that much impedance they still get very loud thanks to the V30 Quad DAC's "High Impedance Mode" (HIM) kicking in. Though from what I've read, the Tesla 2.0 drivers (special magnetic drivers) of the 1770s lend an extra hand towards increasing the volume as well. (Tesla 2.0 is an improvement over 1.0, and weighs less too I guess.)

"The Tesla unit presented Beyerdynamic with a daily challenge, since values in excess of one Tesla are deemed to be difficult to achieve in the construction of headphones. Here, every increase of the so-called flux density can provide immense advantages. The voice coils can be more filigreed and consequently react more quickly, while the sound generated gains in precision and richness in detail. At the same time, the energy utilization increases and the listener can play music louder. In other terms, the more the coil is for the driver, the greater details it can push out.

A particular highlight of Tesla technology headphone is its design as a full metal system. It prevents any uncontrolled resonation by parts of the casing leading to distortion of the sound. Apart from that, the metal shields the construction from electrical disturbance fields. In a Tesla headphone, the only thing that causes the membrane to emit sound is the musical signal itself."

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #3,651 of 6,140
The Elear are driven with aplomb by the V30, too.
The look of sheer scorn on the face of the old-school Focal rep at the latest big Paris convention, when I asked him if I could try the Elear from my phone instead of their installation. “Well... (pouting) they’re 80 Ohms you know... don’t you have an amp about you? ... it would be better with amp.” Of course he remained deaf to my entreaties and assurances that I’d just driven an HD800S loud and fine (and, may I say, the V30 didn’t lose by any appreciable margin to the amp Sennheiser had brought to feed the HD800S), or that this phone played music as well as my Dragonfly Red. That man was not to be educated; I’ve met enough of that type to know not to lose my energy. He certainly didn’t do much to create a positive brand experience. The other guys from Focal were cool though. And open-back is a no-go for me anyway, so hey.

But I do wonder how long it will take for guys like that to wisen up.

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3,652 of 6,140
The look of sheer scorn on the face of the old-school Focal rep at the latest big Paris convention, when I asked him if I could try the Elear from my phone instead of their installation. “Well... (pouting) they’re 80 Ohms you know... don’t you have an amp about you? ... it would be better with amp.” Of course he remained deaf to my entreaties and assurances that I’d just driven an HD800S loud and fine (and, may I say, the V30 didn’t lose by any appreciable margin to the amp Sennheiser had brought to feed the HD800S), or that this phone played music as well as my Dragonfly Red. That man was not to be educated; I’ve met enough of that type to know not to lose my energy. He certainly didn’t do much to create a positive brand experience. The other guys from Focal were cool though. And open-back is a no-go for me anyway, so hey.

But I do wonder how long it will take for guys like that to wisen up.

Wow. Yeah he was ignorant. I had a similar experience (though not nearly as bad as yours lol) at my local Best Buy's Magnolia (high-end audio) department. I explained to the guy that many people on here feel the amp/DACs by Sabaj are actually superior to the DragonFly Black and Red, but he wasn't buying it. I also said the V20 matched my old $300 Oppo HA-2 amp/DAC, but he didn't seem too convinced by that either. He prob didn't wanna listen since they sold DFBs and DFRs, but not Sabaj. lol

At least WE know better. lol :L3000:

Jul 15, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #3,654 of 6,140
I am currently listening to my V30 out to my fiio q1 mark 11 and then balanced out to my hifiman edition x with UAPP player - 24 bit flac. I know I could spend more money on an expensive dac / amp but I think I would have to spend a lot to get it to sound much better then my current inexpensive set up

Now we know what LG are missing - balanced headphone outputs!

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #3,655 of 6,140
V30 sounds great with my Shure KSE1200 but it can’t get enough volume with my i4s.
Can you say a bit more about the match between KSE1200 and V30? How does it relate to KSE1200 and Hugo2 in your view? Can V30 keep up with your other dacs in light of this particular iem?

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #3,658 of 6,140
Can you say a bit more about the match between KSE1200 and V30? How does it relate to KSE1200 and Hugo2 in your view? Can V30 keep up with your other dacs in light of this particular iem?
KSE with V30 sounds great with Tidal MQA files (which the V30 can decode). But without MQA files, the V30/KSE falls short with KSE/Hugo2. But the Hugo2 is not quite portable and V30/KSE combo can compete well with other decent DAPs, IMHO.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #3,659 of 6,140
KSE with V30 sounds great with Tidal MQA files (which the V30 can decode). But without MQA files, the V30/KSE falls short with KSE/Hugo2. But the Hugo2 is not quite portable and V30/KSE combo can compete well with other decent DAPs, IMHO.
Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back