LG V30
Mar 15, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #2,761 of 6,140

I take it for the V30, the 75ohm version makes more sense to get than the 150ohm.

More deals. I'm not a huge fan of IEMs but many of you are....so check out this latest Massdrop for their version of the legendary Noble K10's at almost half what they normally cost...
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-noble-kaiser-10-universal-iems

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #2,762 of 6,140
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #2,763 of 6,140
Speaking of Massdrop, I just received my MD/Senn HD-6xx and before i open them (meant for another source), can someone confirm that the V30 can drive their 300ohm impedance ok? Obviously they should certainly trigger hi-impedance mode!

Mar 15, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #2,765 of 6,140
I take it for the V30, the 75ohm version makes more sense to get than the 150ohm.

More deals. I'm not a huge fan of IEMs but many of you are....so check out this latest Massdrop for their version of the legendary Noble K10's at almost half what they normally cost...
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-noble-kaiser-10-universal-iems

The whole purpose of either the 75 ohm or the 150 ohm adaptor is to fool the LGV30 to turn it into high impedance = boosting gain. Then you disconnect it from the 3.5mm entension cable before connecting your earphones. If you fail to do so you will barely hear sound from your earphones.
Take a look, I got an L connector instead of an extension:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lg-v30.858933/page-166#post-14064194

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #2,766 of 6,140
Going true wireless with the v30! :ksc75smile:

IMG_20180316_0942235.jpg

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #2,767 of 6,140
Speaking of Massdrop, I just received my MD/Senn HD-6xx and before i open them (meant for another source), can someone confirm that the V30 can drive their 300ohm impedance ok? Obviously they should certainly trigger hi-impedance mode!

I bought this one too and my iSines sound like they're in 'Normal' mode even though 'High Impedance' is selected. No boost in gain whatsoever.

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #2,768 of 6,140
I bought this one too and my iSines sound like they're in 'Normal' mode even though 'High Impedance' is selected. No boost in gain whatsoever.

Using a 75 ohm adapter in series with a low impedance headphone such as the Isines will gain you positively nothing at all. What you need is a normal stereo adapter along with a resistor pack soldered to an 1/8th inch plug to trick it into high impedance mode or a high impedance headphone (anything over 50ohms will work) then you plug both into the headphone jack of the V30 or V20 if you have that as it will work with that phone as well then once it registers high impedance mode you can pull the 75 ohm load without pulling the adapter out of the phone & plug your Isine into the adapter that is still plugged into the phone. As long as the adapter remains in the phone it will stay in high impedance mode. If you don't or can't get a high impedance headphone or resistor set to do this you can simply plug in a normal 1/8 stereo adapter with nothing plugged into it then after the phone register aux mode you can plug in the Isines to the adapter & you will have gained 6db in output which may be sufficient.

Almost forgot to mention that what ever you are using to obtain high impedance mode MUST BE PLUGGED INTO THE ADAPTER WHEN YOU PLUG THE ADAPTER INTO THE PHONE then removed from the adapter after the adapter is plugged into the phone otherwise you will only get aux mode. To get Aux mode you want to plug in the stereo adapter by itself to the phone first then plug the headphones into the adapter after the adapter is plugged into the phone

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #2,769 of 6,140
Using a 75 ohm adapter in series with a low impedance headphone such as the Isines will gain you positively nothing at all. What you need is a normal stereo adapter along with a resistor pack soldered to an 1/8th inch plug to trick it into high impedance mode or a high impedance headphone (anything over 50ohms will work) then you plug both into the headphone jack of the V30 or V20 if you have that as it will work with that phone as well then once it registers high impedance mode you can pull the 75 ohm load without pulling the adapter out of the phone & plug your Isine into the adapter that is still plugged into the phone. As long as the adapter remains in the phone it will stay in high impedance mode. If you don't or can't get a high impedance headphone or resistor set to do this you can simply plug in a normal 1/8 stereo adapter with nothing plugged into it then after the phone register aux mode you can plug in the Isines to the adapter & you will have gained 6db in output which may be sufficient.

Almost forgot to mention that what ever you are using to obtain high impedance mode MUST BE PLUGGED INTO THE ADAPTER WHEN YOU PLUG THE ADAPTER INTO THE PHONE then removed from the adapter after the adapter is plugged into the phone otherwise you will only get aux mode. To get Aux mode you want to plug in the stereo adapter by itself to the phone first then plug the headphones into the adapter after the adapter is plugged into the phone

^This.

We need a sticky at the top of all the LG phone threads. So much mis-information about this floating around.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #2,770 of 6,140
Is battery life on this phone unreal or what? I've only had my V30+ for one week and was just putting on my wireless charger each night, but I decided to not charge until it gets low and standby seems unbelievable !

Went to bed around 11pm showing 67% and at 7am still showing 67% (I do have DoNotDisturb set 11pm-7am)

My time since last charge:
Now showing battery life at 60% at 11am

Usage on battery 33h 38min
Estimated time remaining 42hrs 57mins
Phone idle 1d 9h 38m 977 mAh
Screen Time 2hrs 58m 464 mAh
WiFi running 1d 9h 40m 137mAh

Only done a few hours of music and odd call, plus web browse and some txt's this last day & half, but even so! Standby usage seems amazing. Have GPS/NFC off but Wifi/BT on. Don't use the "Always On Display" function.

Yes battery life is silly on this thing. Mine is v30+. I'd like to know how it is on v30.

Battery life and DAC quality are what make this phone huge competition for other high end phones.

I wish I knew what is up with camera though. In my home we have iPhone 7+, Galaxy edge 6, Galaxy 4, and this v30+ and I believe the camera quality runs in that order as well, iPhone stunning, v30 poop. That's just my opinion, it has nice camera software and I could be missing something.

It's true about the battery level though you look at it and it's 83% and look an hour later of standby, still 83%. I rarely use my fast charger, seriously. I do not keep always on display active though and use battery mid level battery saver to get these results.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #2,771 of 6,140
Yes battery life is silly on this thing. Mine is v30+. I'd like to know how it is on v30.

Battery life and DAC quality are what make this phone huge competition for other high end phones.

I wish I knew what is up with camera though. In my home we have iPhone 7+, Galaxy edge 6, Galaxy 4, and this v30+ and I believe the camera quality runs in that order as well, iPhone stunning, v30 poop. That's just my opinion, it has nice camera software and I could be missing something.

It's true about the battery level though you look at it and it's 83% and look an hour later of standby, still 83%. I rarely use my fast charger, seriously. I do not keep always on display active though and use battery mid level battery saver to get these results.

Auto mode in the camera needs work but with the manual modes you can get great results but that takes a little work. It tends to over expose in auto mode. It definitely has a better camera than the V20, I have both & tested them side by side with the same shots. V30 takes much better low light shots than the V20. You can take pictures in some cases where the V20 won't even register light though they won't look pretty in either case but the v30 always looks better. I wouldn't call the V30 camera poop, maybe not the best when in auto mode which most people use but manual mode makes up for that & you can make adjustment to very near perfect pictures. It may take more time than you have to use manual mode in many situations though.

Battery life is great for a flagship phone. One of the best flagships around for battery life.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #2,772 of 6,140

I have no issue with main camera and never use front cameras.

V30 has same battery size as V30+ so other than tiny more power use with 128GB vs 64GB I'd expect them to be the same.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #2,773 of 6,140
Just one curiosity:is it possible wireless charge and how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back