LG V30
Nov 10, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1,201 of 6,140
I've been helping Davy test their latest beta. Unless you have a version newer than yesterday's build, it still doesn't work via the HO (it plays, but re-samples everything via the Android OS to 48 kHz). The good news is they're aware of the issues and are working on it :)

I've had less success working with the folks from Tidal. They basically seem to be in denial and can't even give an indication of when they're ever going to support the V30 DAC (which they'll have to do, if MQA is ever going to work properly on their Android app). I've had even less luck with LG. I've filed numerous support requests about the 44->48 kHz upsampling and have had zero response.
The people at Tidal are ridiculous. Seems they're more interested in spamming with pop up ads or sales than focusing on improving Android audio quality.

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #1,202 of 6,140
Trust me, for the past month i've been trying to talk myself into exchanging it and keeping the phone At this moment i'm still thinking about exchanging it, but my ocd kicks in knowing the problems might still be there with the new unit. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of getting this device, because it is great, but there are things for people to put into consideration.
Why don't you get the V20 for a few hundred bucks? Still really good almost equal sound. http://amzn.to/2zyeRLw

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #1,211 of 6,140
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #1,212 of 6,140
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,213 of 6,140
Man, actually keep going back and forth between Tidal on my desktop using a Fulla 2 and HD 650's and the V30 using Tidal via the UAPP app and the former definitely sounds a lot better. Maybe my ears are damaged but maxing out the V30 at volume 72, it's a good volume don't get me wrong but I wish it could go louder. But besides the volume difference, the sound quality is just not as good. Tempted to return the phone and just get a Pixel 2.

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,214 of 6,140
Man, actually keep going back and forth between Tidal on my desktop using a Fulla 2 and HD 650's and the V30 using Tidal via the UAPP app and the former definitely sounds a lot better. Maybe my ears are damaged but maxing out the V30 at volume 72, it's a good volume don't get me wrong but I wish it could go louder. But besides the volume difference, the sound quality is just not as good. Tempted to return the phone and just get a Pixel 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back