LG V30
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #5,296 of 6,140
I know it's from a very old post but did you ever get the 4x dac to work outside or happens in you're rooted lg v30?

To Root or not to Root is my question?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lg-v30.858933/page-261#post-14466905

The DAC is always active when you enable it. No need to worry about whether all four DAC modules are being used, as it doesn't affect sound quality.

If you want to root, do so before Android Pie arrives in the next few weeks. Once updated, you probably won't be able to root anymore.

Root can make it easier to force HIM, say for planar magnetics. Also allows you to keep updating with custom ROMs after LG stops updating. But of course there are risks, and it requires some skill, study and upkeep.

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #5,297 of 6,140
Has anyone used the V30 with Sennheiser HD 6xxx or 650. Does it have enough output to run the 650 at an acceptable level. I bought a Xduoo x2 but it is lacking power to run the Senn to an acceptable level. Would the LG combined with the xduoo be enough or what else would you recommend to push theses that is also portable?

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #5,298 of 6,140
Has anyone used the V30 with Sennheiser HD 6xxx or 650. Does it have enough output to run the 650 at an acceptable level. I bought a Xduoo x2 but it is lacking power to run the Senn to an acceptable level. Would the LG combined with the xduoo be enough or what else would you recommend to push theses that is also portable?

I have the 6XX headphones.

They get loud enough, but I think the headphones are pretty dull sounding with the V30 as well as other sources.

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #5,301 of 6,140
Why can't you just plug your headphones into the V30?
I thought you were saying they were dull with the LG. I reread that now you meant they were dull with all sources. Plus I am just looking for a source and have to make the right decision the first time. I have been through this with too many hobbies, trying to go to cheap ,THEN end up buying things 3 times over to get it right. Who hasn't done that before.

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #5,302 of 6,140
I thought you were saying they were dull with the LG. I reread that now you meant they were dull with all sources. Plus I am just looking for a source and have to make the right decision the first time. I have been through this with too many hobbies, trying to go to cheap ,THEN end up buying things 3 times over to get it right. Who hasn't done that before.

I share your worries about wasting money on stuff that you're not happy with.

My ears are probably a bit knackered after playing in rock bands when I was young and sexy but I find the Beyer DT990s much more exciting when listening to rock/metal, whatever the source.

The 6XXs do work really well with vocal pop and classical, but lack a bit of energy.

I find this whether I'm using my V30, Topping D3, Panasonic amp or a PC output, so in my mind the 6XXs are just a dull headphone. If you like them with your normal sources, then I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with the V30 driving them.

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #5,303 of 6,140
I share your worries about wasting money on stuff that you're not happy with.

My ears are probably a bit knackered after playing in rock bands when I was young and sexy but I find the Beyer DT990s much more exciting when listening to rock/metal, whatever the source.

The 6XXs do work really well with vocal pop and classical, but lack a bit of energy.

I find this whether I'm using my V30, Topping D3, Panasonic amp or a PC output, so in my mind the 6XXs are just a dull headphone. If you like them with your normal sources, then I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with the V30 driving them.
Being a bass player for 30 years is exactly the reason I need better quality and loudness from my 650's. I will probably end up buying a LG soon and add a external amp for the extra headroom. Now which amp to get?

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #5,304 of 6,140
Being a bass player for 30 years is exactly the reason I need better quality and loudness from my 650's. I will probably end up buying a LG soon and add a external amp for the extra headroom. Now which amp to get?

I only have experience of the Topping D3.

It drives them a little more than the V30 does and I prefer to pair my 6XXs with it than the V30.

I think it's around $100 now.

there's a thread on here somewhere about it if you're after an affordable amp.

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #5,305 of 6,140
Enjoyment being had. 00000IMG_00000_BURST20190721081629569_COVER.jpg

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #5,310 of 6,140
I'm having a odd problem, when I connect in to fiio q5 in Bluetooth mode it starts to play music that I have no control over. I removed all 3rd party apps and tried again, starts playing music from somewhere on my phone.
I know it's coming from my phone because 1. It's my music from my phone. 2. All other Bluetooth devices are off.

Now if I turn on and off then back on, I can then listen to music from my chosen app and song. It's weird???????

This is on my lg v30+ tmobile.

Any clues would be helpful

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back