LG V30
Jun 29, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #5,281 of 6,140
Jun 30, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #5,282 of 6,140
LG did officially break that promise a couple of days ago:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-rolls-back-on-V30-Android-Pie-commitment.426519.0.html

Don't be sad. Android Pie's audio has been a mess that you haven't had to endure. By the time you get it, everything will be working fine for you :)

My Australian LTE Galaxy Tab S4 seems to be the only variant not yet to receive Pie too.

Luckily my missus has one of those nasty Huawei spyphones, so she's already looking towards her 2nd Pie update...

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #5,283 of 6,140
Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue as me. I recently got a chord mojo and have been using it with my v30. I was exploring different cable options and I got a HiBy usb c to 3.5mm coax cable. When I plug it into my phone, it doesn't recognize the cable and audio is being played through my phone speakers. I also have a fiio usb c to micro usb and an anker usb c otg with the micro usb included with the mojo and they both work fine

Any help will be appreciated

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #5,285 of 6,140
Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue as me. I recently got a chord mojo and have been using it with my v30. I was exploring different cable options and I got a HiBy usb c to 3.5mm coax cable. When I plug it into my phone, it doesn't recognize the cable and audio is being played through my phone speakers. I also have a fiio usb c to micro usb and an anker usb c otg with the micro usb included with the mojo and they both work fine

Any help will be appreciated

That cable will only work with certain Hiby and Cayin DAP's you need a USB C to micro USB cable, most will work but not all of them.

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #5,287 of 6,140
I know that adding the fiio q5 amp is unnecessary to drive the hd58x Jubilee with the v30 but I will eventually get a higher impedance headphone and will need a high power amplifier.

So that being said, I running Android 8 and an using USB player pro, did all the set up in developer options in lg. And using the fiio cable cl06.
I followed the same procedures as I did on my note BUT THE LG V30 IS STILL CHARGING THE FIIO!

WHAT AM I MISSING?

Please advise.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #5,288 of 6,140
Got a nice leather case for my V30S from aliexpress.
WP-20190717-08-23-01-Pro-2.jpg

5vBL0Tp

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #5,289 of 6,140
Here's my Raspberry Rose LG V35.

IMG_20190717_154036.jpg
IMG_20190717_154048.jpg

Cost me around $250 all in, but I need to change the rear cover as the rose one is for a V30 and the camera doesn't quite line up. The top of the panel doesn't fit flush with the frame either. I've got a V35 back in black arriving in a couple of days.

I couldn't get G-Cam working properly on the V35, so I'll have to do some more digging.

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #5,290 of 6,140
Welcome me to the V30 DAP club!!

I just ordered a V30 - for it for $130 shipped used from Swappa. Couple scratches, nothing big, no burn in as I double checked with owner about that.

Should be here in a couple days. I been looking at DAPs for a couple months now, I have went back and forth but for under $200 the V30 seemed to be the best solution for me. I almost went for the ES100 but, for 30 bucks more I can have a entire phone and I dont have a absolute need for that BT receiver function. Looking forward to having hardware decode for MQA, as much as people hate on MQA I really love the way they sound for streaming.

Looking forward to getting my V30!!

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #5,291 of 6,140

I just ordered a V30 - for it for $130 shipped used from Swappa. Couple scratches, nothing big, no burn in as I double checked with owner about that.

Should be here in a couple days. I been looking at DAPs for a couple months now, I have went back and forth but for under $200 the V30 seemed to be the best solution for me. I almost went for the ES100 but, for 30 bucks more I can have a entire phone and I dont have a absolute need for that BT receiver function. Looking forward to having hardware decode for MQA, as much as people hate on MQA I really love the way they sound for streaming.

I'm loving mine and would imagine you will to.
I've owned several dap amp's and the ui sucked on all of them, those days ARE OVER!

I and I won't look back!

In fact I may buy 2 more for, just in case I loose my or bust it.

Congrats

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #5,292 of 6,140

Nice catch! At that price you may as well get an ES100 too for... unforeseen circumstances (there's a nice impulse buy justification :smirk:) - the V30 is a great source to feed it.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #5,293 of 6,140

Great choice! Its a great dap, maybe even better than a smartphone heh (still very very good after a year of using). Its quite close to my Pioneer xdp-300r soundwise. You will not be disappointed, Im pretty sure about that. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back