LG V30
Jan 20, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #4,802 of 6,140
And also the reason why I still have the LG V30 as a dedicated DAP. But it does not change how I hear both phones using wired headphones albeit the iPhone used with the additional headphone adapter. LG sounds fantastic and than if I do an A-B against the iPhone XS I discover it’s not as emotionally involving because of its sound signature difference. The better clarity and 3D stereo (bigger soundstage?) makes that difference. Sub bass is also presented better.
Eg Vertigo sound track by Khalid at 1:05+ Sub Bass has more definition and is more visceral in comparison.

Just had to A-B listen again before typing this.

I'm sure it doesn't! Glad you found some gear that makes that a difference for you! :ksc75smile:

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #4,805 of 6,140
From what I've heard, it's the same DAC with the same tuning as the V30. It has some of the newer sound features (DTS:X etc) which were also included in V35, and later V40.

It’s strange how LG included DTS:X in the G7, V35 and V40 but not the V30. It would be great to see DTS:X in a future firmware update for the V30.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #4,806 of 6,140
It’s strange how LG included DTS:X in the G7, V35 and V40 but not the V30. It would be great to see DTS:X in a future firmware update for the V30.

According to the following by XDA's V30 master ChazzMatt, LG did in fact add DTS:X to last November's security update for the V30, but then either forgot to activate it, or their marketing guys or the carriers or some other idiots decided to hold it back. The functionally is apparently there, and can be activated on a rooted device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/enable-dts-3d-stereo-lg-v30-variants-t3887139

I have not tried this myself, as I still haven't rooted my V30.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #4,807 of 6,140
According to the following by XDA's V30 master ChazzMatt, LG did in fact add DTS:X to last November's security update for the V30, but then either forgot to activate it, or their marketing guys or the carriers or some other idiots decided to hold it back. The functionally is apparently there, and can be activated on a rooted device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/enable-dts-3d-stereo-lg-v30-variants-t3887139

I have not tried this myself, as I still haven't rooted my V30.

That’s a pity. Hopefully LG will remember and activate it. I heard it can be activated on rooted devices but so far it’s only for the American V30 and I don’t really want to root my V30 because it will void the warranty.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #4,808 of 6,140
That’s a pity. Hopefully LG will remember and activate it. I heard it can be activated on rooted devices but so far it’s only for the American V30 and I don’t really want to root my V30 because it will void the warranty.

You're right, it's only for the US open market model US998, so not even for carrier models. But anybody who roots a US V30 (except T-Mobile models) will convert it to US998 as part of the procedure.

I wonder if they didn't also add it in open market models for other regions, such as the European H930.

Regardless, only if rooted :anguished:

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #4,809 of 6,140

I’m always baffled as to why people want things like 4K on a 6” screen or DTSX/ATMOS sound on a 1-2 tiny phone speakers. Do they expect these features to turn the phone into a home cinema setup alternative ?

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #4,810 of 6,140
I’m always baffled as to why people want things like 4K on a 6” screen or DTSX/ATMOS sound on a 1-2 tiny phone speakers. Do they expect these features to turn the phone into a home cinema setup alternative ?

I’m talking about DTS being used while using headphones on the V30 NOT the speaker. Obviously those features wouldn’t make a difference on tiny speaker.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #4,811 of 6,140
I’m talking about DTS being used while using headphones on the V30 NOT the speaker. Obviously those features wouldn’t make a difference on tiny speaker.

I see - DTS Headphone:X.

I was referring to some that just crave numbers and features like a tick list even if they can’t actually utilise any real world benifit from them.

I guess I might be in the minority that has refused to watched a full movie on a phone. Closest would be an iPad at 9.7” and that would be a mediocre movie not at its best video or audio resolutions.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #4,813 of 6,140
Hello guys, I`m new to this forum, and just join the V30 world.
Already posted an intro for myself on Introduction thread and I just decided to make an intro here as well.

Greetings from me, and nice to meet you all :ksc75smile:

Greetings and welcome to the forums! Likewise, I'm a V30 newbie too and spent the weekend getting mine up and running, and enjoying the wonderful sounds from it. There's some great people on this forum: friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Jan 21, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #4,814 of 6,140
Jan 21, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #4,815 of 6,140
If anyone is interested in wireless charging for the V30/V30+, then I can confirm that this charger works great:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GGWDR55

It's fairly compact, looks nice with the subtle blue lighting around the edge, and comes with a high power charger (15W) for fast charging. I also have a case on my V30+ and this charger works with the case fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back