LG V30
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #3,889 of 6,140
Hello again from me and thankyou very much to the original responders to OP!

It's hard to get any action going on much older threads so might I now ask, in the midst of this current v30 thread, how much of what's being said about UAPP is applicable to the v10? A very humble budget means I'm restricted right now to contemplating purchase of a refurbished one from AliExpress (where the spec sheet of course doesn't even mention the DAC) for NZD140 , and I have inbound already a SABAJ DA3 ...(very excited about that !)

Will I be able to more or less approximate with these ..'augmentations' the essential joys of the v20 or v30?

Sep 2, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #3,890 of 6,140
Hello again from me and thankyou very much to the original responders to OP!

It's hard to get any action going on much older threads so might I now ask, in the midst of this current v30 thread, how much of what's being said about UAPP is applicable to the v10? A very humble budget means I'm restricted right now to contemplating purchase of a refurbished one from AliExpress (where the spec sheet of course doesn't even mention the DAC) for NZD140 , and I have inbound already a SABAJ DA3 ...(very excited about that !)

Will I be able to more or less approximate with these ..'augmentations' the essential joys of the v20 or v30?

Yes, the newest UAPP will use the Hi Res DAC in your LG V10.

Quote from the Audio Evolution Mobile Facebook page [ https://www.facebook.com/AudioEvolutionMobile/posts/usb-audio-player-pro-v4/1295461170555899/ ] -
"* Added support for HiRes internal DACs found on many new phones and DAPs. For example: LG V10, V20, V30, Samsung S6, S7, OnePlus 3, Fiio X5/X7 and Pioneer XDP. UAPP will play without resampling in 24-bit on these devices, giving superior audio quality compared to the Android audio path. For our initial compatibility list and more information, please see https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/hires-audio-driver"

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #3,892 of 6,140
this is great news... thankyou very much for that, Headphoneus!
I updated from a V10 to V30+ as the headphone socket on the V10 failed after one repair. Both phones are great and I can't say I've noticed any uplift in audio quality between the two and in some respects I prefer the V10. I do find that tricking the V10 into high impedance mode pays greater dividends but you're really not missing out on anything with the V10. I hope you enjoy it. It's fantastic to have a phone and high quality DAP all in one.

Sep 3, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #3,893 of 6,140
I updated from a V10 to V30+ as the headphone socket on the V10 failed after one repair. Both phones are great and I can't say I've noticed any uplift in audio quality between the two and in some respects I prefer the V10. I do find that tricking the V10 into high impedance mode pays greater dividends but you're really not missing out on anything with the V10. I hope you enjoy it. It's fantastic to have a phone and high quality DAP all in one.
why thankyou Steve.. very sweet it is to have confirmed what I guess is one's essential 'hunch' (about there being little difference between versions)! I am sure I'll learn that trick of 'persuading' the phone to pump out its utmost, too...

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #3,894 of 6,140
Anyone recommend a portable or non portable amp ? Or is that overkill for the v30.. I was thinking a cheaper valve portable amp or similar, but have a feeling it will make everything sound ...well bad? Im not disappointed in the SQ or power it can put out, more curious if an amp can enhance it

Sep 4, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #3,895 of 6,140
Anyone recommend a portable or non portable amp ? Or is that overkill for the v30.. I was thinking a cheaper valve portable amp or similar, but have a feeling it will make everything sound ...well bad? Im not disappointed in the SQ or power it can put out, more curious if an amp can enhance it

What sort of budget range do you mean, when you say "cheaper valve portable amp"?
Also, are you interested in a plain Analog Amp, or a USB DAC / Amp?

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #3,896 of 6,140
I tested UAPP against Neutron player and could hear the difference with UAPP being slightly superior in clarity and image placement .

I used bit-perfect mode on the UAPP.
I was not expecting much improvement so was pleasantly surprised, so it is worth it to buy

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #3,897 of 6,140
And really works with UAPP! Beautifully plays HighRes (DSD too!). It takes into consideration the hardware 32-bit quad dac. Thank you for the information .

Sep 4, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #3,898 of 6,140

I personally think it's overkill, but I'm sure some will disagree. I guess the exception is if you are using planar magnetic headphones. Then maybe an external amp (portable or desktop) would do you some good. But if just a regular dynamic driver headphone, then I think the V30 is more than sufficient.

How many ohms is your headphone (impedance)?

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #3,899 of 6,140
So is everyone else having issue's with their V30+ having Bluetooth connection issue's. Sound cuts in and out on Android 8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back