LG V30
Aug 25, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #3,856 of 6,140
It may be that your OS doesn't have the necessary drivers. How many volume steps can you count?

Well, I've also got Xposed Framework installed, with the VolumeSteps+ module, which lets me set up to 50 volume steps.

Aug 26, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #3,859 of 6,140
Hi I am a complete newbie when it comes to DACs and AMPs, so I have the following questions:

1. I understand that the V30 has a quad DAC, but does it also have an AMP?
2. I just got a new Vsonic GR07, Should I use my Fiio E11 with it, or should I better leave it off?
3. What is the best audio app for the V30? I am currently using the standard music app with V30.

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #3,860 of 6,140
Hi I am a complete newbie when it comes to DACs and AMPs, so I have the following questions:

2. I just got a new Vsonic GR07, Should I use my Fiio E11 with it, or should I better leave it off?
3. What is the best audio app for the V30? I am currently using the standard music app with V30.

1. Yes, it has a very good, very clean amp with pretty much zero hiss, even with the most sensitive IEMs. Output power adjusts automatically, according to your headphone impedance.
I can't/shouldn't answer 2, because I don't have much experience with the E11. Sorry!
3. I like UAPP. You can read why here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #3,861 of 6,140

The V30 has a multi-mode amplifier, with lower power output for low impedance earphones, and can switch into a more powerful mode, when you connect high impedance (>64Ω) earphones.
The UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) app has its own driver, which uses the Quad DAC in the V30 - and it doesn't require root.

Aug 26, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,862 of 6,140
1. Yes, it has a very

good, very clean amp with pretty much zero hiss, even with the most sensitive IEMs. Output power adjusts automatically, according to your headphone impedance.
I can't/shouldn't answer 2, because I don't have much experience with the E11. Sorry!
3. I like UAPP. You can read why here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/

Thank you for your reply :)

The V30 has a multi-mode amplifier, with lower power output for low impedance earphones, and can switch into a more powerful mode, when you connect high impedance (>64Ω) earphones.
The UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) app has its own driver, which uses the Quad DAC in the V30 - and it doesn't require root.

Thank you for your post as well :)

I see that my followup question was already answered by csglinux :p

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #3,869 of 6,140
I use both UAPP and neutron depending on the headphones I am using off my LGV30. For my isine 10 they need EQ to sound good and I find neutron is better at eq'ing. When I listen to my HEX V2 I use UAPP as they don't need EQ to sound great

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #3,870 of 6,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back