LG V20 Sound Quality
Aug 12, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #3,904 of 4,141
I found this, and since the V20 is very similar to V30 I thought you might be interested.

"Forced to choose among listening through headphones to the LG V30 or to the Bel Canto Design Black ACI 600 all-in-one integrated amplifier I reviewed in April ($24,900), or through loudspeakers to the Aurender A10 network music player/server ($5500) in my main system, I'd choose the LG V30.

Musically speaking, the LG V30 phone doesn't qualify as merely smart; LG's implementation of its Hi-Fi Quad DAC is a work of genius. If ever there were a device that could bring the experience of high-end sound to millions of music lovers, the hi-rez V30 with MQA is it. It's more than a game-changer. For its audiophile sound quality and its smartphone portability—a combination that may prove unbeatable—it belongs in Stereophile's "Recommended Components," in a Class A category all its own. Now, if only Apple could see the light and release a similar product.

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/lg-v30-hi-res-smartphone-mqa-page-2#GKBxUIpEToUvjVf7.99"

If the Mojo was as good as this I would still have it...

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #3,905 of 4,141
I need help from V20 owners/board followers: my phone drifted into range of my wi-fi 4 days ago, and I believe it accepted a couple of pushes from LG. In short, my "greeting" page & home page graphics were revised (OK, I guess) - along with my FM Radio tuner page. The killer for me is that all FM stations are now monaural (they were all stereo since I purchased the phone 18 mos ago). I've talked to T-Mobile, who say they don't push to any phone w/o a sim card; as of today, I've talked to 10 people from Manila who don't know what I'm even talking about - all but one fella thinks I just need to reinstall the app, or grab another one. But I bought this H918 expressly for it's great FM tuner & DAC. Does anyone else have an idea ?? I won't buy another LG if they're all gonna lose FM stereo reception this month.

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #3,906 of 4,141
I need help from V20 owners/board followers: my phone drifted into range of my wi-fi 4 days ago, and I believe it accepted a couple of pushes from LG. In short, my "greeting" page & home page graphics were revised (OK, I guess) - along with my FM Radio tuner page. The killer for me is that all FM stations are now monaural (they were all stereo since I purchased the phone 18 mos ago). I've talked to T-Mobile, who say they don't push to any phone w/o a sim card; as of today, I've talked to 10 people from Manila who don't know what I'm even talking about - all but one fella thinks I just need to reinstall the app, or grab another one. But I bought this H918 expressly for it's great FM tuner & DAC. Does anyone else have an idea ?? I won't buy another LG if they're all gonna lose FM stereo reception this month.

If you have the will and means, hire a lawyer and take LG to court. How can they damage your property without your permission? That must be illegal. Write to LG in your country, tell them what happened, that life is now not good and ask them to fix your phone, or else.

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #3,907 of 4,141
Try a Factory Reset...

Don't know if helps.

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #3,908 of 4,141
If you have the will and means, hire a lawyer and take LG to court. How can they damage your property without your permission? That must be illegal. Write to LG in your country, tell them what happened, that life is now not good and ask them to fix your phone, or else.

Thanks for the advice - you're absolutely right ! Unfortunately, even a premium smart phone like this V20 falls into the "disposable" category in my scheme of "things to fight for". I await a reply from LG Corporate, to whom I simply threaten to not replace with a newer LG phone if the FM ain't a-gonna work as soon as I get it. AFAIK, the V30 will have been the last model with radio H/W in it. Pickins R slim.

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3,909 of 4,141
Try a Factory Reset...

Don't know if helps.

Hey, Mickey - this will probably be my next move ifn's LG Corporate can't point me in the right direction. I was initially afraid I'd lose all the update bennie's from the past 18 mos, but since the phone worked great when I bought it, it's likely worth resetting to Day O. I'll let you know if that's the solution!

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #3,910 of 4,141
Hey, Mickey - this will probably be my next move ifn's LG Corporate can't point me in the right direction. I was initially afraid I'd lose all the update bennie's from the past 18 mos, but since the phone worked great when I bought it, it's likely worth resetting to Day O. I'll let you know if that's the solution!

OK, Mickey: I totally lobotomized & factory reset my V20, and it seems like "new". But FM radio is still mono only. Guess I'll drop by my local TMobile shop to see if their new phones work.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #3,911 of 4,141
Sorry to hear that Bro.

Mine is still working fine after 3 years of abuse. Not using much its FM but along with its DAC/Amp what sold me is its replaceable battery. When out, just swap it. No more waiting ang lugging for powerbanks. Forgot to mension the dual-sim w/ dedicated microsd. Bought a 400Gb during primeday.

Well goodluck on your undertaking.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #3,912 of 4,141
Thanks for the advice - you're absolutely right ! Unfortunately, even a premium smart phone like this V20 falls into the "disposable" category in my scheme of "things to fight for". I await a reply from LG Corporate, to whom I simply threaten to not replace with a newer LG phone if the FM ain't a-gonna work as soon as I get it. AFAIK, the V30 will have been the last model with radio H/W in it. Pickins R slim.

Not Sure about the V50, but the V40 has an FM radio. I use it from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back