LG V20 Sound Quality
May 4, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #3,856 of 4,141

My settings in USB Audio Player Pro: External Audio DEvice (triggered by connecting a 3.5mm to 2.5mm balanced adapter), reduce amp by -3dB and Bit Perfect MQA. Playing on Noble K10, amazing sound from a second hand phone. Just make sure you delete all apps that are not for musing playing and deactivate all notifications for a blissful musical experience. The phone will also move faster and there's going to be plenty of room for your music :). While you're in tweaking mode, disable screen animations, too. Turn that old fellow into an absolute audio beast!

An impedance adapter example below. Go for the 75 Ohm unit, it will always trigger High Impedance Mode and it won't ruin sound too much if you chose to leave it inserted.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DUN...3d-4927-a4b8-926e35cfd2c8&transAbTest=ae803_4

I've been doing this for so many years, but I know almost nothing about what you guys are talking about. It's ok, But what I want to say the -3db caught my eye. Could you explain in a more simpler way. If its a pain Don't bother. I'm just curious looks great BTW

May 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #3,860 of 4,141
Hi all, I have decided to root my LG H990ds so I can stop the android upsampling. Does any body have any recommendations on the best process. I rooted my Samsung S3 a few years back but from what I have seen on the internet rooting the V20 does not seem very simple.

May 14, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #3,861 of 4,141
Hi all, I have decided to root my LG H990ds so I can stop the android upsampling. Does any body have any recommendations on the best process. I rooted my Samsung S3 a few years back but from what I have seen on the internet rooting the V20 does not seem very simple.
Are you still on Nougat? Because on Oreo you do not need to root to get bitperfect sound(via USB Audio Player PRO).

Last time I rooted I found this to be the easiest method.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72716640&postcount=613

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #3,863 of 4,141
Are you still on Nougat? Because on Oreo you do not need to root to get bitperfect sound(via USB Audio Player PRO).

Last time I rooted I found this to be the easiest method.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72716640&postcount=613

Thanks for the root link. I have had UAPP for a couple of years now (respect to Davy) and listen to all the music I own through it. However, I can't stream Spotify through the app. I have to subscribe to Spotify family for the kids and find it hard to justify another £20 per month so I can stream Tidal or Quobuz through UAPP. I am quite happy streaming Spotify through windows on a desktop rig but through android it is a bit muddy. I was hoping that disabling android's upsampling to 48000 khz would improve Spotify's sound through the V20.
Yes, uapp is the simplest and best solution for this.
Yes, thanks. But not for streaming Spotify.

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,865 of 4,141
I was hoping you guys can help me out and save me from going through 200+ pages. I just bought an LG V20 US996 and also own a pair of Sennheiser IE800 iems. My question is, what steps do I need to do to ensure I am getting the best bit perfect audio to my IE800's? TIA

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #3,866 of 4,141
Jun 1, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #3,867 of 4,141
Jun 4, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #3,869 of 4,141
A trick for those with Sennheiser IE800's if it hasn't already been mentioned. Since they have a splitter already built into the earphones, all you have to do is plug the bottom half into the v20 first and then plug the other half in order to trigger AUX mode for more power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back