LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #3,751 of 4,141
Also, please let us know HOW you stack these guys - I'm tackling the "button-on-the-back" issue with a chunk of wood between the two so's I can slip my finger in without repeatedly disassembling the stack. And with the wood, the only solution to binding the two together I've found is a zip tie, which I sacrifice whenever I have to part them. Hoping for a better solution.

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #3,752 of 4,141
If I am you, I will be selling the Fiio Q1 and buy me some good headphones (ie HD6xx variants). It will then get rid of my troubles of stacking, or carrying two devices at once, and enjoy more of my music.

Years ago I used 3M Dual Lock velcro tape to attach my Amp and DAC to my smartphone. It's cleaner.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #3,753 of 4,141
Also, please let us know HOW you stack these guys - I'm tackling the "button-on-the-back" issue with a chunk of wood between the two so's I can slip my finger in without repeatedly disassembling the stack. And with the wood, the only solution to binding the two together I've found is a zip tie, which I sacrifice whenever I have to part them. Hoping for a better solution.
Ok i think i have a solution i will post when i get my LG

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #3,754 of 4,141
If I am you, I will be selling the Fiio Q1 and buy me some good headphones (ie HD6xx variants). It will then get rid of my troubles of stacking, or carrying two devices at once, and enjoy more of my music.

Years ago I used 3M Dual Lock velcro tape to attach my Amp and DAC to my smartphone. It's cleaner.
Good tips thanks!

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #3,755 of 4,141
So what's everyone running on their V20 for SD card storage? I just got a 400 gb micro SD from Sandisk (if anyone makes a bigger card, let me know) and I'm rapidly filling it up.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #3,756 of 4,141
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #3,757 of 4,141

Oh yeah, I've seen that. Last time I checked Amazon, everyone was a) getting fake ones and b) PNY itself was sold out on their site.

So, any bigger 512 gb brands that are actually a) real b) in stock c) easy to get.

or try a portable wifi hdd?

If it came to that, I'd probably just have another SD card probably plugged into SD card adapter > USB C cable > V20.

It's not like I'm desperate for music, I have 400 gigs to use + Spotify + any other internet radio/streaming/podcast service that exists.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #3,760 of 4,141
If stacked, since the fingerprint sensor is on the power button, my bank login using fingerprint would be inaccessible, but I thought most off-on can be done by double-tapping off, and pattern on.

On the issue of storage, I cannot rely on a wifi signal while traveling, and do not want to burn my data on streaming (I use Tracfone, so I pay for all cellular activity). So I like local storage.

Phil

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #3,762 of 4,141
If stacked, since the fingerprint sensor is on the power button, my bank login using fingerprint would be inaccessible, but I thought most off-on can be done by double-tapping off, and pattern on.

On the issue of storage, I cannot rely on a wifi signal while traveling, and do not want to burn my data on streaming (I use Tracfone, so I pay for all cellular activity). So I like local storage.

Phil

Well you download your Tidal selections to the external storage and no need for data or WiFi. Well you will need a data connection briefly to launch the app, but that's it.

For me while I do use Tidal, my selections are downloaded to the micro SD card mounted in my V20, I also have a lot of ripped CD's, SACD's, and DVD-A's of albums and tracks that aren't available on Tidal or just simply sound better than even Tidal Hifi due to them being hi-res. There for I require both micro SD external storage and Tidal.

Not interested in an argument about the merits, or lack thereof, regarding hi-res files. Don't even go there please.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #3,763 of 4,141
Anyone can tell where can you buy battery for v20 are those lg battries on Amazon original?

I have purchased a couple. The one I know for sure is a genuine LG replacement battery because it came as part of an aftermarket charging kit marketed by LG. The other one appears to be genuine, but honestly no way to tell for sure. It performs the same as the original battery that came with the phone and the one that came with the LG branded charging kit. I also have an off brand compatible non LG battery and frankly it's poop. Discharges much more quickly than any of the other three batteries. Sorry if this doesn't help too much. If you can try to find one that is described as a genuine LG replacement battery and is sold directly by Amazon, not a third party, if such a thing even exists, then you should be good. Also some of the ones I saw advertised as genuine LG branded were much more expensive than others. Don't know if that would actually have any bearing on whether they are truly genuine or not.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #3,764 of 4,141
Anyone can tell where can you buy battery for v20 are those lg battries on Amazon original?

I have about 4 spare batteries. 2 of them are these:

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Aex...3&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=LG+v20++battery&psc=1

2 of them are:

https://www.amazon.com/TQTHL-UPGRADED-Replacement-T-Mobile-Cellular/dp/B077HSKVCZ

I'm very happy with them and they seem to hold a really good charge.

The original batteries are here:

https://www.amazon.com/Original-LG-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9EMSKXPBRPD3KEF5RH4A

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #3,765 of 4,141
@Naschy - Re Tidal dropping over wifi. Quite common, at RMAF lots of folks using it had big issues with buffering. One of the many reasons I do not like it. Also had some issues in other places with clean wifi.

@Caruryn = No lag here with v20 and Oreo with UAPP and folders.

@ Davrt - If you have not already figured it, with HiFI dac off Large volume steps with no numbers on all apps I tried. UAPP, Apple Music, Amazon Music all use hifi Dac if engaged.

@Sulbh ebay has a seller I got mine from, but packaging was crap, nice pen tip sized dent in the battery since it was only shipped in a bubble cd mailer. Price was right though. And it hasn't caught on fire yet.

Many aftermarket batteries can be just a bit too large to fit properly in the V-20. They go but it takes a bit of force to close the back. I just use an LG battery but I have no idea whether legit or not. supposedly tons of fakes exist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back