1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG V20 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zachchen1996, Aug 1, 2016.
First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last
  1. Naschy
    Mate, I downloaded this app. Recognised the DAC, turned on bit perfect mode. I'm having an issue though: When using Tidal through the app I keep getting a glitch. Songs will randomly hit a certain spot and skip back continuously. As soon as they hit that spot again it skips back again. It only seems to be after the screen turns off. About 30 seconds later. Do you get this? I'm just streaming via wifi. If anyone with the same app and setup could test that's be good. Tidal have a free introductory subsription to try out.

2. LightBlue77
    No, i don't have this problem. Go to uapp thread here on headfi and ask the developer, he always answers and tries to help and fix issues.

3. Zerstorer_GOhren
    This is weird,my M30x is just a 48 ohms headphone and it keep activated my LG v20's High impedance mode.

4. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Rounded off? ^_^

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    bixby likes this.
  5. Naschy
    Thanks. Davy? I contacted him through the app email. Been very helpful. Sent a log to him. He's saying the wifi is dropping out. The phone is set to keep wifi active though and I've disabled battery optimisations for the app. Not having this problem with other streaming apps though which is weird.

But yeah, song plays. When the screen shuts off it'll soon hit a spot and just keep skipping back, like 5-10 seconds back, and won't go past that point. Not sure what to do. Only way to fix it is to turn back on and drag past the point. The time gets glitches up too. Phone is stock.

6. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Increase Network Buffers?
    Under Settings>System

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  7. good sound
    Just found out today that the V40 will not be released in Canada. Golly gee I can purchase it through B&H for $1400.

8. andrewski
    64G? ... Really!?

9. acia
    v20 oreo supports bluetooth LDAC?

10. Caruryn
    So i got the oreo update today for the HD990S and while i can appreciate the incremental +1 vol increase everything feels laggier.You're inside a folder and you want to go a step back,it takes a whole 2 sec to respond.I also don't see the dev settings in the general tab.Any suggestion to make it snappier especially the in/out of the folders?

11. andrewwardell
    A) :0 It actually turned up!?
    B) Did you happen factory reset during the install process, or did you just install the update and keep going?
    EDIT: C) Is it re-encrypting everything after the update? that would make things lag a bit too and I thought that setting was on by default in Android since 6.0

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  12. Caruryn
    Yes,it came up here finally and no i did not do factory reset because i read it deletes everything even apps you bought.Funnily enough i found that the reason it was laggy is because i had the settings UI projected as tab when it should be as list(even though i had it as list with Nougat and no lag).

Anyway i run Geekbench and single score was around 1550-1700(out of the case) but the multi score was in the low 3000s and it was around 3500 before update.Kinda jarring when G7 can hit easily 8500,still don't want to upgrade though.

13. williamclarkonet
    I plan on picking one up soon the 910 varent and i already have a FiiO Q1 would it benefit from stacking?

14. LightBlue77
    i see very good reviews for Q1 but i won't trust them, i've had my experiences with Fiio products.
    From specs i would say there isn't much gain:
    ≥11 mW(300Ω / THD+N<1%)
    maybe using balanced output.
    But let us know once you stack them.

williamclarkonet likes this.
  15. williamclarkonet
    Ok thanks. I will

First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next