LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 4, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #3,736 of 4,141
There is a simple solution: buy UAPP.
On the other hand, i have H990N model and it always goes in hifi mode when i plug a headphone or other 3.5mm cable of a loudspeaker amplifier for example. it is actually called "hi-fi quad dac" mode. i cannot activate it if there is nothing plugged in but i can deactivate it while i use headphones. in this case i noticed the volume goes down, i didn't care to check if there is any quality degradation, it seemed the same just at lower volume.
About activation of hifi mode, i don't know if it's configurable by user. it might be in android config files, maybe someone would help you. there is only a menu activated on hifi mode allowing me to independently control the volume on left and right channels and that's it. No other trigger, setting involving impedance or anything else. At list not visually noticeable.
Now, UAPP related, i already mentioned there is a clear difference between sound quality using tidal own app and tidal via uapp, uapp is way better. i don't know if the same applies while listening your own files using stock lg player, it is possible stock lg app is good enough. But because lately i only use tidal via uapp and this app is recognized as one of, if not the, best, i stopped worrying about what lg does behind as uapp directly accesses internal hifi quad dac.

Mate, I downloaded this app. Recognised the DAC, turned on bit perfect mode. I'm having an issue though: When using Tidal through the app I keep getting a glitch. Songs will randomly hit a certain spot and skip back continuously. As soon as they hit that spot again it skips back again. It only seems to be after the screen turns off. About 30 seconds later. Do you get this? I'm just streaming via wifi. If anyone with the same app and setup could test that's be good. Tidal have a free introductory subsription to try out.

Oct 5, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #3,738 of 4,141
This is weird,my M30x is just a 48 ohms headphone and it keep activated my LG v20's High impedance mode.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-10-05-13-33-54.png
    Capture+_2018-10-05-13-33-54.png
    249.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #3,739 of 4,141
Rounded off? ^_^

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #3,740 of 4,141
No, i don't have this problem. Go to uapp thread here on headfi and ask the developer, he always answers and tries to help and fix issues.

Thanks. Davy? I contacted him through the app email. Been very helpful. Sent a log to him. He's saying the wifi is dropping out. The phone is set to keep wifi active though and I've disabled battery optimisations for the app. Not having this problem with other streaming apps though which is weird.

But yeah, song plays. When the screen shuts off it'll soon hit a spot and just keep skipping back, like 5-10 seconds back, and won't go past that point. Not sure what to do. Only way to fix it is to turn back on and drag past the point. The time gets glitches up too. Phone is stock.

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #3,741 of 4,141
Increase Network Buffers?
Under Settings>System

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #3,745 of 4,141
So i got the oreo update today for the HD990S and while i can appreciate the incremental +1 vol increase everything feels laggier.You're inside a folder and you want to go a step back,it takes a whole 2 sec to respond.I also don't see the dev settings in the general tab.Any suggestion to make it snappier especially the in/out of the folders?

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3,746 of 4,141
So i got the oreo update today for the HD990S and while i can appreciate the incremental +1 vol increase everything feels laggier.You're inside a folder and you want to go a step back,it takes a whole 2 sec to respond.I also don't see the dev settings in the general tab.Any suggestion to make it snappier especially the in/out of the folders?

A) :0 It actually turned up!?
B) Did you happen factory reset during the install process, or did you just install the update and keep going?
EDIT: C) Is it re-encrypting everything after the update? that would make things lag a bit too and I thought that setting was on by default in Android since 6.0

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #3,747 of 4,141
A) :0 It actually turned up!?
B) Did you happen factory reset during the install process, or did you just install the update and keep going?
EDIT: C) Is it re-encrypting everything after the update? that would make things lag a bit too and I thought that setting was on by default in Android since 6.0
Yes,it came up here finally and no i did not do factory reset because i read it deletes everything even apps you bought.Funnily enough i found that the reason it was laggy is because i had the settings UI projected as tab when it should be as list(even though i had it as list with Nougat and no lag).

Anyway i run Geekbench and single score was around 1550-1700(out of the case) but the multi score was in the low 3000s and it was around 3500 before update.Kinda jarring when G7 can hit easily 8500,still don't want to upgrade though.

Oct 26, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #3,748 of 4,141
I plan on picking one up soon the 910 varent and i already have a FiiO Q1 would it benefit from stacking?

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #3,750 of 4,141
i see very good reviews for Q1 but i won't trust them, i've had my experiences with Fiio products.
From specs i would say there isn't much gain:
≥11 mW(300Ω / THD+N<1%)
maybe using balanced output.
But let us know once you stack them.
Ok thanks. I will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back