LG V20 Sound Quality
Jan 26, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #3,406 of 4,141
I contacted Davy and he sent the hi-res driver APK . I downloaded it, but my V20 won't allow me to extract or open the file. The messages I got were, cannot extract files, and from downloads, cannot load content at the moment. I checked my settings and I have the permission to install apps from sources other than Google play store enabled. Anyone have any idea what I need to do?
Download it on a PC. I tried downloading it on my phone, and the three times I tried, I got a 0 byte file. The correct size should be around 17 MB IIRC. Download it on your computer, and transfer it to your PC. It should work then.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #3,407 of 4,141
Download it on a PC. I tried downloading it on my phone, and the three times I tried, I got a 0 byte file. The correct size should be around 17 MB IIRC. Download it on your computer, and transfer it to your PC. It should work then.

Can't even open the file on my PC. Does anyone who has installed this file have any insight as to why I can't get this to work? Very frustrated. Have been in contact with Davy and he says tapping on the link in a browser it should just open but no go. Don't know what else to try. Sure would be nice to.have bit perfect playback from something other than just the built in player.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #3,410 of 4,141
would you be kind enough to explain to me why UAPP would be the best player for our v20?

Well, I don't know if UAPP is the best player for the V20 or not. With this new apk file installed it now has an advantage over most, if not all third party players, as it will allow the V20 owner to hear all of their music files , not contained in LG's built in player, to be played back bit perfectly, even in hi-res if that is their native rate, without Android up sampling or down sampling them. The built in LG music player already does that, but if you play back files through a third party player the Android apk will upsample or downsample the music files to whatever rate is native to that devices specific version of the Android OS. Android 8 supposedly has a feature that will allow users to play back files from third parties bit perfectly.

I can tell you that UAPP is an excellent app with very good sound quality and I feel it is absolutely worth the relatively small one time fee.

Jan 28, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #3,412 of 4,141
Thanks, but enough UAPP to override android?
I read a UAPP code to access the dac direct

Yes exactly, but you have to override Android to access the LG's internal ESS DAC directly, no? I'm pretty sure that's what LG does for it's own music player.

What Davey sent me was not a code exactly but a link to override the Android apk that installs over your existing paid UAPP app without having to uninstall and then re-install the app.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #3,414 of 4,141
to override android c is something in the UAPP settings?

Yes, once you receive the link and install the file a new setting will open in the UAPP menu in the Android play through section which will allow you to choose bit perfect direct from the phones DAC. This is for playing through Android only, not for when using an outboard USB DAC via OTG.

Also, remember that you need to have the full paid version of UAPP to get and utilize this feature.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #3,416 of 4,141
Great news. Neutron also has bit perfect output.

Neutron.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #3,417 of 4,141
I am late to the party but replaced my aging Note 4 with V20 and boy, am I glad~!
I wanted removable battery so V30 wasn't option for me...

Speaking of which, as of 2018, are any manufacturers making phones with removable batteries anymore?!

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #3,418 of 4,141
Talk about late to the party, I just purchased a V20 on ebay. I like my V10, but faster processing and better camera application (same camera I understand) may increase my joy. Quad dac won't mean as much to me unless (or until) I buy a better headphone. I just bought an AT M50 (or something like that, they're still in the box), so I am getting there.

Phil in gorgeous Young Harris, Georgia, USA

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #3,419 of 4,141
If you don't have a terrific headphone, the V20 doesn't make much sense. It's a great phone, but many other phones are as good as, or better. The real strength of this unit is its Quad DAC and headphone amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back