LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #2,986 of 3,525
Aha!! I see your point now. and agree 100%
I was misreading your earlier message.
I do hope I caused no offense with my English speaker comment.
Please do contact me by PM if it was offensive as it really was not meant to be.
Cheers @audioxxx

Lol, I am not offended, please...
I am really not easily offended.

I know my English isn't my greatest skill, (just got through) and I'm more interested in technology.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #2,987 of 3,525
Lol, I am not offended, please...
I am really not easily offended.

I know my English isn't my greatest skill, (just got through) and I'm more interested in technology.

Really glad to hear it bro.

Now, let's continue talking about our awesome phones.

The internet of today is not the internet I grew up on. The internet I grew up on was constant flame wars and insults. These days I try to be nice but snark gets thru sometimes.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #2,988 of 3,525
  Now, let's continue talking about our awesome phones.

good call.

mine is scheduled to come in tomorrow according to amazon. ill be taking it to verizon to get it switched on from my galaxy 5, then ill likely go straight to rooting it if its still on android 5.1.

after that ill use the app to leave the dac on and see how my ath-m50's sound on it thru spotify..then ill go from there. cant wait.

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #2,989 of 3,525

good call.

mine is scheduled to come in tomorrow according to amazon. ill be taking it to verizon to get it switched on from my galaxy 5, then ill likely go straight to rooting it if its still on android 5.1.

after that ill use the app to leave the dac on and see how my ath-m50's sound on it thru spotify..then ill go from there. cant wait.

Here is a neat pro tip for you. I've been on verizon 15+ years and have had them switch phones for me MANY times.

At some point this year a rep no longer needs to swap your sim cards. Put your sim from your Galaxy 5 into the V10. Shut off the Galaxy, and reboot the V10.

When the v10 boots, it should let you know the SIM is activating. You will then see your phone number in the system info.

Make a phone call to be sure it works. If it does, you;re all set to go, no trip to the Verizon store necessary.

Good luck and enjoy your V10. I still love mine.

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #2,990 of 3,525
i feel like an idiot for never trying that..and i used to do that when i was on tmobile.

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #2,991 of 3,525
You sure do know a lot about cell phone tech. Are you sure you don't work for Samsung?

I hope you find humor in this comment, then answer the question lol

Looks like everyone who criticizes LG apparently accused of working for Samsung/Apple/whichever-company-are-not-LG. Both @audioxxx and you tried to direct this toward Samsung, but that's fine by me lol. I have no problem with them cause I don't use Samsung phones either. Don't attack people based on your assumptions.

I'm not a fanboy and not the one who worship a phone, just trying to be skeptical and tell the truth.

@audioxxx  yeah, you start to sounds like your wife. I agree.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,993 of 3,525
i feel like an idiot for never trying that..and i used to do that when i was on tmobile.

Don't feel stupid. I found it out by accident only last month. Even two months ago I had to either use their online form or go in store. Last month I couldn't find the page to switch it online anywhere, got ticked off, and put the sim card in, and it "just worked"!

I know with other carriers it "just works" but this seems to be a very new feature to Verizon, apparently.

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #2,994 of 3,525
Looks like everyone who criticizes LG apparently accused of working for Samsung/Apple/whichever-company-are-not-LG. Both @audioxxx
 and you tried to direct this toward Samsung, but that's fine by me lol. I have no problem with them cause I don't use Samsung phones either. Don't attack people based on your assumptions.

I'm not a fanboy and not the one who worship a phone, just trying to be skeptical and tell the truth.

@audioxxx
  yeah, you start to sounds like your wife. I agree.

My work here is done. Sorry about your phone...

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,995 of 3,525
Can't we all just get along?

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #2,996 of 3,525
The truth is this devices are pushed way over their physical limits by the manufacturers, due to last years fierce competition.
Processors this powerful need active cooling, or some kind of software implementation that warns user and prevents overheating. They should shutdown before they're toast.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #2,997 of 3,525
Guys... There's a ghost in my v10 or something... It plays music automatically during stand by, and many times when I turn it on the music would stop. But last nite a song just kept playing and I try to find out if any of my music app was playing... None wasO.o

Can anyone shed some light into this weird phenomenon?? Thanks.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #2,998 of 3,525
The truth is this devices are pushed way over their physical limits by the manufacturers, due to last years fierce competition.
Processors this powerful need active cooling, or some kind of software implementation that warns user and prevents overheating. They should shutdown before they're toast.

Now, this explanation I buy. But since I do nothing more than web browse, listen to tunes, read my book app, and general phone stuff, I'm not too worried. Phone sometimes gets a little warm, very little, and I've got 9 months on it already, I think I'm okay.

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,999 of 3,525
My V10 doesn't get as hot as my BlackBerry Classic did, and the V10 is more of a power hog than the BlackBerry was.
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #3,000 of 3,525
Guys... There's a ghost in my v10 or something... It plays music automatically during stand by, and many times when I turn it on the music would stop. But last nite a song just kept playing and I try to find out if any of my music app was playing... None wasO.o

Can anyone shed some light into this weird phenomenon?? Thanks.

Maybe check to make sure there's no debris in the headphone jack. It may be activating the remote function

Users who are viewing this thread

Back