LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 26, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #3,018 of 3,525
I think the update will arrive soon after the G5 is updated to Nougat, it's going to be some weeks after the v20 launch. Perhaps to encourage people to adopt to the v20.

Let's hope so but there aren't many v10's out there. Shame because it's such an excellent device.

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #3,019 of 3,525
Let's hope so but there aren't many v10's out there. Shame because it's such an excellent device.

It's a real shame LG made so many different flavours of the v10 i could count 7 diff ver quickly, and probably more as well. One gets very confused.

This made it so hard to develop anything in terms of ROM's as well for the v10, as not releasing the bootloader for all the models. Lg Could have done it with 2 versions, IMO.

But once you start using one, you see what a great all-rounder it is, still very happy with this phone, we will see if they do the same mistake with the v20, which to me seems a little backward

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,020 of 3,525
Agreed, V10 was the best all-around phone yet: audiophile sound, excellent manual camera, very good screen, good memory, sd slot, removable battery, and decent performance.

They did sell at least a half million V10s though. Nowhere near what Apple and Samsung sell but enough to make it worth keeping the phone up to date.

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #3,021 of 3,525
  Agreed, V10 was the best all-around phone yet: audiophile sound, excellent manual camera, very good screen, good memory, sd slot, removable battery, and decent performance.

They did sell at least a half million V10s though. Nowhere near what Apple and Samsung sell but enough to make it worth keeping the phone up to date.

LG sold 12 million G4's in the first year iirc. And Android updates were still slow.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #3,022 of 3,525
I have to say that although I really like my lg v10(but build quality kinda sucks),  I have to admit that it seems like LG doesn't have their s**t together.  

For example, the G5 was an utter disappointment for most and the hifi dac module wasn't available in the U.S.

But to make matters even worse, the v20 has yet to announce a U.S. release date.  This doesn't make any sense because how in the he*l is the iphone 7 and all the Samsung phones out already, but the v20 ad say's "worth the wait."  

Considering the fact that Samsung phones are actually blowing up and hurting people.  If the marketing and product teams for LG had their s**t together, they could've came out with a killer and legendary headline:

"Meet the All New LG V20 A phone that won't blow up in your face!" or "Meet the All New  LG V20 A phone that won't blow your hand or ear off!"

You have to admit, that's a persuasive selling proposition(assuming that the v20 won't blow up of of course)!

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3,023 of 3,525
LG had quite the opportunity with all the issues Samsung is having with the Note 7. LG definitely could have used it to their advantage if they could have released the phone a few weeks earlier. A good percentage of the people returning their Note 7 could have instead left with a V20.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #3,026 of 3,525
  I have to say that although I really like my lg v10(but build quality kinda sucks),  I have to admit that it seems like LG doesn't have their s**t together.  

I have a later manufactured V10 and the build is excellent. I heard the early ones has some serious QC/build issues.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #3,027 of 3,525
Hello all, just got a slightly used V10 with the sole purpose of being a music player for the Mojo and Hugo. Is the battery life bad ? Thanks, JM.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,028 of 3,525
Hello all, just got a slightly used V10 with the sole purpose of being a music player for the Mojo and Hugo. Is the battery life bad ? Thanks, JM.

Isn't Mojo a DAC / AMP?
Then any phone capable of outputting digital audio over USB will work the same with the Mojo.
The idea with the V10 is to use its internal DAC.
Battery life is mediocre from what I read.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #3,029 of 3,525
Isn't Mojo a DAC / AMP?
Then any phone capable of outputting digital audio over USB will work the same with the Mojo.
The idea with the V10 is to use its internal DAC.
Battery life is mediocre from what I read.
Understood but inorder to EQ the Mojo I use the phone apps. Just got the V10 and was wondering if its battery eill last a day of use.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #3,030 of 3,525
I want to buy a V10 with the purpose of being both my portable and main music player :)
From your experience with past flagships, will the price drop more than 440 EUR in Europe until December?

Also there are 2 versions that I can buy:
- H962, 64GB, dual sim
- H960A, 32GB, single sim
Any tips / differences between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back