LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 29, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #3,031 of 3,525
I want to buy a V10 with the purpose of being both my portable and main music player :)
From your experience with past flagships, will the price drop more than 440 EUR in Europe until December?

Also there are 2 versions that I can buy:
- H962, 64GB, dual sim
- H960A, 32GB, single sim
Any tips / differences between the two?
Bought mine for $210 open box 64 internal gigs.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #3,032 of 3,525
210 is not bad at all, i paid 199 for mine, same model :)

Battery life is not great but its the screens (plural) and hifi dac that really do the battery in. You should expect a 0,3a constant discharge

I've never run mine on airplane mode but my advice to you is if you dont have a usb quick charger, youll soon find one incredibly useful. If your open box v10 came with the stock charger, that does quick charge from what ive heard, but mine was bought open box too jmills.

KopaneDePooj as stated by jmills and i you shouldnt be paying too much more than 220usd for a 64gb model, don't know how the market is in the EU though, i know in the USA we don't get dual Sims often as my understanding is they're imported from elsewhere...

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #3,033 of 3,525
210 is not bad at all, i paid 199 for mine, same model :)

Battery life is not great but its the screens (plural) and hifi dac that really do the battery in. You should expect a 0,3a constant discharge

I've never run mine on airplane mode but my advice to you is if you dont have a usb quick charger, youll soon find one incredibly useful. If your open box v10 came with the stock charger, that does quick charge from what ive heard, but mine was bought open box too jmills.

KopaneDePooj as stated by jmills and i you shouldnt be paying too much more than 220usd for a 64gb model, don't know how the market is in the EU though, i know in the USA we don't get dual Sims often as my understanding is they're imported from elsewhere...
Im nervous to find out its daily battery life. Time will tell and yes it will only be playing music.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3,034 of 3,525
Wow, around 200 $ is very good, here even open boxes are expensive, I'll wait until around Black Friday maybe with the V20 coming we'll see substantial price drops here too.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #3,035 of 3,525
Im nervous to find out its daily battery life. Time will tell and yes it will only be playing music.

don't be too worried about it... if you don't have headphones plugged into the v10 itself you cant possibly switch on the hifi dac.

i use it as a phone playing music and doing smartphone stuff all day long, it lasts me almost all day out & about, travelling and such. but the battery will die quick if i'm using the mobile network heavily. hifi dac is always on when i got headphones in it.

just on wifi it uses less battery - will you be using it on airplane mode? i bet you can get a full day in.

the reason i suggested you use a quick charger though, you'll notice with how much power it pulls constantly, a plain 1A usb charger does a really really slow job of charging it. a fast charger will do a dead battery to full in under an hour.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #3,036 of 3,525
don't be too worried about it... if you don't have headphones plugged into the v10 itself you cant possibly switch on the hifi dac.

i use it as a phone playing music and doing smartphone stuff all day long, it lasts me almost all day out & about, travelling and such. but the battery will die quick if i'm using the mobile network heavily. hifi dac is always on when i got headphones in it.

just on wifi it uses less battery - will you be using it on airplane mode? i bet you can get a full day in.

the reason i suggested you use a quick charger though, you'll notice with how much power it pulls constantly, a plain 1A usb charger does a really really slow job of charging it. a fast charger will do a dead battery to full in under an hour.
Yes 100% airplane mode.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #3,037 of 3,525
  Wow, around 200 $ is very good, here even open boxes are expensive, I'll wait until around Black Friday maybe with the V20 coming we'll see substantial price drops here too.

Did you mean you can't find them under 400ish euro new? What are the costs of used units?
I know dual sim models here sell for more, but like i said i don't think any USA carrier sold the dual sims.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #3,039 of 3,525
I think you'll get a full day in easy, and like i said if you're not using the hifi dac, it'll last even longer.
Thanks for the needed info.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #3,040 of 3,525

Did you mean you can't find them under 400ish euro new? What are the costs of used units?
I know dual sim models here sell for more, but like i said i don't think any USA carrier sold the dual sims.

Nope
http://www.curiua.com/p/lg-v10-h960-32gb-factory-unlocked-4g-smartphone-international-version-no-warranty-black/8806087001723
Open boxes don't go much lower either, and I want new because it will be my main phone as well.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #3,041 of 3,525
Bought mine for $210 open box 64 internal gigs.

Great price I bought twin sim version brand new, and sealed box, it's one of the later builds, for close to $450.00 usd.

I have a 1 year warranty as well which is handy. It's a good phone, great audio through the hi-fi DAC, let us know what you think, once you burn it in? I think you will be impressed.
You will easy get a full day of usage as a digital audio out. As long as your battery is good.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #3,042 of 3,525
Great price I bought twin sim version brand new, and sealed box, it's one of the later builds, for close to $450.00 usd.

I have a 1 year warranty as well which is handy. It's a good phone, great audio through the hi-fi DAC, let us know what you think, once you burn it in? I think you will be impressed.
You will easy get a full day of usage as a digital audio out. As long as your battery is good.
Great, basically will need 6 hrs a day playing music. Will put a 200 gig sd card.

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #3,044 of 3,525
200 gig in mine + 64 internal = happy Onkyo HF Player
biggrin.gif

Only complaint, Onkyo HF Player doesn't work with the second screen music player controls. I wish that would work, then I would never have to turn my screen on to do music player functions.

UAPP doesn't work with those controls, does it?

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #3,045 of 3,525
200 gig in mine + 64 internal = happy Onkyo HF Player :D

Only complaint, Onkyo HF Player doesn't work with the second screen music player controls. I wish that would work, then I would never have to turn my screen on to do music player functions.

UAPP doesn't work with those controls, does it?

UAPP works on the second screen, all is well there:thumbsup:
Another great feature is high resolution direct through the high res chipset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back