LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 21, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #2,971 of 3,525
LOL I honestly think you should go to the church yourself, cos obsessing and worshipping a phone is mental illness.

Obsessing?
I'm not the bitter one trying to convince everyone there phone will bootloop, with no proof, it's like a payed political stunt,
And don't lead us into your hassled brain please,

I'm over this now, have a great day

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #2,972 of 3,525
oh boy... this is getting fun

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,974 of 3,525
To show the other models which are riddled with the defective design is to show you V10 potentially has the same bug. LG even released a guide for their service center to throw away the motherboard after servicing.

Love your V10, fine. But don't deny the fact it has a defective problem that might turn it into bricks without any sign.

Read the subreddit and the comments. T-mobile acknowledged and is very familiar with the problem.

PS: not every body who has defective V10 report the problem, and less people sign the petition.
Usually instances like this are a result of owners downloading apps or videos with malware on them.

Are you sure you haven't downloaded a virus? Are you using safe websites and using trusted apps?

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,975 of 3,525
Usually instances like this are a result of owners downloading apps or videos with malware on them.

Are you sure you haven't downloaded a virus? Are you using safe websites and using trusted apps?

Well, im pretty sure I don't have a virus/malware. I wrote a small tool collecting every running processes, shared libs, accessed files, accessed websites etc,. of all running processes and send them back to my server (little fact: I own a small service which collect stats on phones). Loads are pretty normal. Nothing special. I was driving and play Soundcloud to my car audio via Bluetooth and suddenly it didn't respond. Reboot and it has the bootloop. I was upset since I havent backed up the data on it.

I searched around and someone come up with the solution: put it in the freezer for around 5 mins. Thankfully I did manage to boot it up and restore my data while putting it in the freezer. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,976 of 3,525

Exactly, once the phone has not been updated to the latest updates, out is left vulnerable to the latest exploit's.
And new ones are being discovered all the time.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #2,978 of 3,525

On many of those petitioned reports, most instances were triggered due to heat. People must be gaming heavily (*cough* Pokemon Go) while charging the phone, which isn't advisable on any device. I'd say you're safe if you use your phone like a normal person.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2,979 of 3,525
Talking about malware and exploits, I'm 100% sure they don't usually end up with the booting issues. In theory, malwares can have a root exploit to escalate, remount partitions, overwrite boot loader etc. and it could lead to this kind of bug (tho Ive never seen one and I dealt with them A LOT). Moreover, if the boot loader is messed up with, you can always resurrect the victimes by reuploading firmware but this is not the case. There's nothing we can do once it's defective cos it's a hardware problem (molding melted).

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #2,981 of 3,525

Do you understand how exploit works? Or it's just a buzzword to scare people away from asking? I honestly want to hear your knowledge about exploit. 

Correct me if i'm wrong (I get the assumption @audioxxx) is not a native English speaker.
I THINK what he meant is once updates get push to certain phones and not other, the neglected ones are subject to being exploited.
Please correct me if I have misunderstood your point.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,982 of 3,525
Do you understand how exploit works? Or it's just a buzzword to scare people away from asking? I honestly want to hear your knowledge about exploit. 

No idea, please teach us?
Buddy quick sell your phone, before the new one does the same thing?

Or are you going to keep going on and on, and on, and on and on,

Starting to sound like my wife. lol

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,983 of 3,525
Correct me if i'm wrong (I get the assumption @audioxxx) is not a native English speaker.
I THINK what he meant is once updates get push to certain phones and not other, the neglected ones are subject to being exploited.
Please correct me if I have misunderstood your point.

Even with the latest updates, your not 100% safe.
If you visit the wrong web site, or install some militias software, it's pretty much open season, even on the latest phone..
Then when people have their phone stuffed, their not happy..:cry:

I can only speak only English.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #2,984 of 3,525
Even with the latest updates, your not 100% safe.
If you visit the wrong web site, or install some militias software, it's pretty much open season, even on the latest phone..
Then when people have their phone stuffed, their not happy..:cry:

I can only speak only English.

Aha!! I see your point now. and agree 100%
I was misreading your earlier message.
I do hope I caused no offense with my English speaker comment.
Please do contact me by PM if it was offensive as it really was not meant to be.
Cheers @audioxxx

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #2,985 of 3,525
Talking about malware and exploits, I'm 100% sure they don't usually end up with the booting issues. In theory, malwares can have a root exploit to escalate, remount partitions, overwrite boot loader etc. and it could lead to this kind of bug (tho Ive never seen one and I dealt with them A LOT). Moreover, if the boot loader is messed up with, you can always resurrect the victimes by reuploading firmware but this is not the case. There's nothing we can do once it's defective cos it's a hardware problem (molding melted).
You sure do know a lot about cell phone tech. Are you sure you don't work for Samsung?

I hope you find humor in this comment, then answer the question lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back