LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 21, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,941 of 3,525
i counted about 60 bootlooped phones in a subreddit of around 3,100 subscribers.

im feeling a little bit more comfortable about my odds now actually.

Well. Just pray and believe what you want to believe. Mine is dead but I haven't reported yet.

It's propaganda, maybe there's a bad batch, but I seriously don't think thousands of v10's are going faulty.
This petition and another one I have seen can't even break through the 50 mark, the other petition was on 6 last time I checked.

This one's on 19

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lg-v10-boot-loop-of-death
Not so bad for the thousands of v10's out in the wild now.
I bet half where bricked trying to root the phone. Lol
Anyway I'll report back when my phone loops.. my phone doesn't skip a beat.

I wouldn't be surprised is Samsung started the petition to take some the glory away from their latest explosive grenade phone. (Funny how this started right on v20 launching).

We should be grateful the v10 aren't going boom in our pockets like Samsung..:boom: there's a massive expensive Samsung note 7 recall going on right now.

There are many and many people who don't report and just go to T-mobile to replace their phones, like me. I didn't sign the petition either, cos I know LG won't give a crap. Enjoy V10 while it lasts, it is a a perfect phone, if it can live more than 8 months. Just saying.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #2,943 of 3,525
I was so hyped about getting the V10, but now I think I'll look elsewhere... I don't want to risk getting a faulty one, and the prices won't go down below 420 EUR here. The stocks are low.
Do you have any other recommendation for a good sounding phone with a big screen and good camera?
How about Nexus 6P ?

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #2,944 of 3,525
I was so hyped about getting the V10, but now I think I'll look elsewhere... I don't want to risk getting a faulty one, and the prices won't go down below 420 EUR here. The stocks are low.
Do you have any other recommendation for a good sounding phone with a big screen and good camera?
How about Nexus 6P ?

I still think v20 can be a promising phone. If you're in a rush, then HTC10. If youd like a taste of Nougat, 5X SQ is better than 6P.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,946 of 3,525
Onitsuka said:
Well. Just pray and believe what you want to believe. Mine is dead but I haven't reported yet.
There are many and many people who don't report and just go to T-mobile to replace their phones, like me. I didn't sign the petition either, cos I know LG won't give a crap. Enjoy V10 while it lasts, it is a a perfect phone, if it can live more than 8 months. Just saying.

Just saying?
Common, what a load of crap, how many V10 are sold, world wide, and this petition can't get to 100,
If this isn't propaganda, then you don't understand the term.

There are faulty phones in every phone company, and they to also reach quite high failure rates, it's when there are thousands go bad at once, that's when there's problems. It's sad you you got a bad one, still hasn't convinced me that more than 100+ world wide are failing, let's see how these dodgy petition's show I am correct, but you keep feeding yourself, and us rubbish with no proof. lol

I think your a little upset about your faulty v10, but your proof that all the v10's are failing is not really working for anyone in this forum.

Maybe do everyone here a favour and sell your v10, before the dreaded non existent mass boot loop gets you again.

The petition is stuck, on 19, maybe start a new one,:joy:
Or please come up with more proof, if your going to try and spread lies.
And don't reply to me with more lies please.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #2,948 of 3,525

just wanted say that i didnt mean to sound like i was discrediting you. i would be pissed too and would want to warn others if mine did a bootloop.

if anything, youve convinced me to plan on getting a different phone sooner than later.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #2,949 of 3,525
I've had my V10 for 6 months and I really pushed this thing to the limit.

I have tons of apps on it and it runs smoothly.

The only time I can say it started to get hot and lag is when I was running multiple apps that used a lot of ram at the same time. Just like any mobile device, you can overdue it with apps and exhaust the operating system, drain the battery and put stress on the hardware.

I basically took a look at what apps were using the most data and draining the battery, decided what to keep and what not to keep. It's the fastest and smoothest mobile device I've owned.

Just like any Android phone, we have to be selective in terms of what apps we need and don't need, and that has to be based on whether or not the cache, mbs our apps use, and number of apps we are running simultaneously are worth keeping.

Same can be said of iPhones as well.

I tried to install a 64 GB card on the V10 with 35 GB of music and 10 GB of music. Long story short, I removed it because it slowed my phone down way too much. I have 64 GB on my phone already so there was honestly no need to do that. Google Music is ten bucks a month and gives me access to all the music I could ever ask for. Sounds great too.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,950 of 3,525
+1,
I also had to remove a lot of running background apps, that where putting a drain on the battery, stuff I wasn't even using.
Now can easily achieve 6+ hours screen on time from a single charge, that for me is the best I've ever had of a phone cruising the web. And with such a large screen this is great.
The sound is really good.
Best phone I've ever owned for sure, highly recommend it still, 2 months later.
Maybe try high speed memory, I have a premium Samsung 64gig micro sd in my v10 full of music, and it hasn't slowed down to scan or use the music on it.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,951 of 3,525
just wanted say that i didnt mean to sound like i was discrediting you. i would be pissed too and would want to warn others if mine did a bootloop.

if anything, youve convinced me to plan on getting a different phone sooner than later.

Thanks for understanding. While I agree it's a perfect phone, it would be wise to dump it while it's still alive. Don't forget to back up frequently, I had to pray while putting it in the freezer to turn on the photo next and backing up my data before turning it to Tmo.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #2,952 of 3,525
I've had my V10 for 6 months and I really pushed this thing to the limit.

I have tons of apps on it and it runs smoothly.

The only time I can say it started to get hot and lag is when I was running multiple apps that used a lot of ram at the same time. Just like any mobile device, you can overdue it with apps and exhaust the operating system, drain the battery and put stress on the hardware.

I basically took a look at what apps were using the most data and draining the battery, decided what to keep and what not to keep. It's the fastest and smoothest mobile device I've owned.

Just like any Android phone, we have to be selective in terms of what apps we need and don't need, and that has to be based on whether or not the cache, mbs our apps use, and number of apps we are running simultaneously are worth keeping.

Same can be said of iPhones as well.

I tried to install a 64 GB card on the V10 with 35 GB of music and 10 GB of music. Long story short, I removed it because it slowed my phone down way too much. I have 64 GB on my phone already so there was honestly no need to do that. Google Music is ten bucks a month and gives me access to all the music I could ever ask for. Sounds great too.

I had it 8 months before it turn into a brick. As for the apps, I have said before there are multiple things in the OS especially the kernel where bugs can happen and drive the CPU up to 100% all the time. What can you do when you don't even know? Battery and normal user apps are just a little partof the whole system. I know it's hard for people who don't have a background of OS concepts, but it's true.

Rwgarding the smooth of v10, you should try Nexus 5x/6p or even 5 is more fluid than V10. I really missed my Nexus while love the SQ and its camera. Now it's dead, I'm really reluctant to switch back to V10.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #2,954 of 3,525
I've had an iPhone die on me as well, 2 times.
I've had a Samsung play up, just after warranty finished. Big deal these phones break, there not designed to last a long time either. But that's part of owning anything with electronics installed.. time to move on

I always save everything to the external memory and buy premium memory.
This is why it has an external sd, even then do backups weekly or daily.

I even took the chance with a grey import, since there's no local stock.
Although I'm upset that LG refuse to release the bootloader's, on all the v10 models. And this will be fail of this model, due to no ROMs available.

However they made up with it by having a solid user experience with stock software.

And I'm stocked I got one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back