LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #1,187 of 3,525
V10's launched in UAE!!!

I just tried em with my piston 3s.... Holy amazing sound, Batman!

I haven't pulled the trigger yet cos the store I went to only has black, I'm gonna check a few other outlets for color options. Good news is, the 200gb card is given ON THE SPOT WITH PURCHASE!

But no extra battery, oh well *shrug*

I'm so hyped!!!!

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,188 of 3,525
its so confusing what to do now

i know for people who love eq and bass nothing can be better than using viper4andoid which can be used in lg v10

i have been waiting alot for the new onkyo dap and now onkyo is out and it seems from initial impressions that it lacks a bit bass and i barely trust eqs in daps, i tried many fiio daps and their eq is a joke compared to ak daps

so i was wondering maybe its best to buy the v10 and v4a on it and call it a day

do u guys think lg will listen to u writing about dac and amp access through other app players 

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #1,189 of 3,525
  Have fun with Verizons Prices, yea you got the Phone cheap, they'll make their money on you from Data Overages an Access fees alone

Yes, even with $100 rebate and $100 prepaid card, you still need to pay $76 a month for their cheapest plan. 
You get only 1GB of internet data for that much money. Sprint guys give you like 4GB for the same price. 
If you spend more than 1GB, they will charge additional $15. 
The basic fee for their cheapest plan is $20. Verizon is not the best for monthly plans. I would recommend Sprint over Verizon but Sprint doesn't have V10....

We've been Verizon for over a decade and know how to play the system.

We currently have two lines and 6 GBs of shared data with unlimited talk and texting for $88/month.

Where we live there's really no other choice for us.  Verizon has the best reception.  I teach in a building that was built in the 1800s and was an atomic bomb shelter at one point.  Verizon is the only carrier that can still get good reception through those walls of stone and lead.  
tongue.gif

It was a bummer this year, though, to finally have to give up our grandfathered unlimited data plan.  They were going to jack the price up $20 on us, so we had to make the switch.  

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,191 of 3,525
I asked the same thing some pages before but seems that nobody got an answer :/

It should do good with any iem's you plug into it. It all depends on what kind of sound you want.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #1,193 of 3,525
No mate, the question was basically: Are there IEMs with 50+ ohms of impedance to fully activate the DAC+Amp inside the V10?

As far as I understand the amp has some kind of auto detect for setting the correct gain. This means that if you're using a 12Ohm IEM the amp will use low gain (quite naturally) and if you use 50Ohm+ IEM's it will automatically go into high gain. If this is correct I can see no reason whatsoever to hunt for IEM's that activates the high gain mode.

The DAC is turned on/off manually and should have nothing to do with the impedance.

So far ut seems as if some very few headphones with sub 50Ohm impedance and very low sensitivity falls between the low and high gain so to be on the safe side it could be wise to avoid those.

I hope this helps.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,194 of 3,525
As far as I understand the amp has some kind of auto detect for setting the correct gain. This means that if you're using a 12Ohm IEM the amp will use low gain (quite naturally) and if you use 50Ohm+ IEM's it will automatically go into high gain. If this is correct I can see no reason whatsoever to hunt for IEM's that activates the high gain mode.

The DAC is turned on/off manually and should have nothing to do with the impedance.

So far ut seems as if some very few headphones with sub 50Ohm impedance and very low sensitivity falls between the low and high gain so to be on the safe side it could be wise to avoid those.

I hope this helps.

Agreed. Specifically searching for higher impedance iems is just dumb. 99% of iems will be fine with this phone. All my iems range from 16 to 40ohm and they all sound great and get plently load at under half way up.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #1,195 of 3,525
Quote:
Im using playerpro as my stock music player now , i disabled the stock music player:blush:. Also noozy music player works witj the dac:grinning:.

Tried both. Not sure they're using the dac. The amp, yes they use that (changing the L/R levels in the dac settings confirms it) but the sound quality isn't quite on par compared to the stock player (at least with Playerpro). Noozy might use it but says ERR red error in settings that it's not compatible. Noozy also didn't display half my files; folders with songs showed empty after opening.

Went back n forth between stock and playerpro and the same songs lost some air and extension. Again, not sure if its using the dac; perhaps in a different way or maybe the software implementation caused sound changes. I was able to get both playing at the same time but only if playerpro began playback first.

Quote:

Yeap, after a month of use the jack in mine is "woobley" had to factory reman it 

Noticed there's no metal sleeve around the headphone jack. The plastic won't be as tough but may cause less interference. Similar to previous LG phones, the jack appears simple to replace down the road if needed.

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,196 of 3,525

Awesome. So can you confirm that V10 gets about 80% of R10's high gain sound? 
R10's high gain sound is much better than sound from other portable DACs I've heard. D55 comes quite close to that with its high gain setting. 

Let us know of your impression of the v10 once you get it.

Mine will arrive here on Tuesday.
I was lucky enough to pay only $40 up front. I will pay $70 a month for 1GB data plan.
Sprint gives you guys unlimited data for $60 dollars a month. If you use all of your 4G data, they let you used unlimited slow 2G at no additional fee.
Verizon will charge additional $15 per one gigabyte.
It sucks. I encourage some of you guys to wait for Sprint to get V10. Apprently, Sprint has the best plans. AT&T is even worse. They charge $79 for only 300MB of data. After that they charge $15 per overusage. Too bad there's no V10 at Sprint yet. It may will take some weeks to a month for them to get V10.

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,197 of 3,525
  Someone can recommend a pair of IEMs with 50+ ohms of impedance to use together with the V10?

I currently use the MDR-EX450, but they're set @40 ohms.

Is there a reason you need 50+ ohm IEM's?

I've been using my V10 with my HD580's (I still can't believe how good these sound after 15years...), and both my TripleFi 10 and X10 IEM's neither of which trigger the 50+ ohm message, and the quality is there for all three, definitely better than my trusty ol' HTC One M7.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,198 of 3,525

Quote:

Is there a reason you need 50+ ohm IEM's?

I've been using my V10 with my HD580's (I still can't believe how good these sound after 15years...), and both my TripleFi 10 and X10 IEM's neither of which trigger the 50+ ohm message, and the quality is there for all three, definitely better than my trusty ol' HTC One M7.

I read in this post that using a 50+ Ohm pair of headphone you will truly notice both the audio quality and volume improvements, so if you use a set with less than 50 Ohms you will hear the little pause while listen music when you active the Hi-Fi DAC, but after that nothing will change in audio quality and loudness.

That's what I read in this thread, on previous pages. Then I thought that I have to found a good pair of IEMS with enough impedance to let me listen music from V10 at the best of its capabilities. That's all :/

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #1,199 of 3,525
I read in this post that using a 50+ Ohm pair of headphone you will truly notice both the audio quality and volume improvements, so if you use a set with less than 50 Ohms you will hear the little pause while listen music when you active the Hi-Fi DAC, but after that nothing will change in audio quality and loudness.

That's what I read in this thread, on previous pages. Then I thought that I have to found a good pair of IEMS with enough impedance to let me listen music from V10 at the best of its capabilities. That's all :/

Lol, if that is the reason why, then go with MDR-z7. It is fluctuating from 70-80 ohms load :wink:

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,200 of 3,525

I can calm your concern, there is most definitely a difference in quality when HiFi is on with IEM's less than 50 ohm. If you are not happy with the performance of your IEM, perhaps try a different set more capable of showing the difference, but don't be concerned with the 50 ohm issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back