LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 27, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #1,171 of 3,525
I would argue that the amp in the v10 is not yet compatible with Tidal. I can hear the dac kick in but the amp won't help. I've tested this with my hd650 and bose qc25. Meanwhile in LGs Music app the amp and dac work perfectly with both headphones.

yea the third part support is iffy for sure. I get it to work with Rhapsody natively, but Neutron requires I finnagle it

I haven't come Across any issues regarding the audio jack. Has anyone?

Yeap, after a month of use the jack in mine is "woobley" had to factory reman it 

Just placed my order!

Good deal from Verizon this weekend. They have it marked down to $572 for the weekend. And, there was a $100 off upgrade promo that knocked it down to $472.

Plus, LG has a $100 prepaid card promo right now. The V10 for $372? Yes, please!

My only hesitation is that I've read several reports of the headphone jack going bad, but I'll take my chances with the 1-year warranty.

Plan to pair it with my DT1350...

Have fun with Verizons Prices, yea you got the Phone cheap, they'll make their money on you from Data Overages an Access fees alone

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,172 of 3,525
Does nobody else have the same feeling as me about the top end? I don't think I have ever heard treble so clear on any other device. Cymbals in rock and jazz music sound so good and very clear. I've had this thing for a month now and I noticed this right away, right from the start. It never seems to get tiring though, as I've been listening for about 5 hours straight now tonight. Somehow this thing is very detailed, but it does it in a way that just never fatigues me.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #1,173 of 3,525

Have fun with Verizons Prices, yea you got the Phone cheap, they'll make their money on you from Data Overages an Access fees alone

Yes, even with $100 rebate and $100 prepaid card, you still need to pay $76 a month for their cheapest plan. 
You get only 1GB of internet data for that much money. Sprint guys give you like 4GB for the same price. 
If you spend more than 1GB, they will charge additional $15. 
The basic fee for their cheapest plan is $20. Verizon is not the best for monthly plans. I would recommend Sprint over Verizon but Sprint doesn't have V10....

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,174 of 3,525

Yes, even with $100 rebate and $100 prepaid card, you still need to pay $76 a month for their cheapest plan. 
You get only 1GB of internet data for that much money. Sprint guys give you like 4GB for the same price. 
If you spend more than 1GB, they will charge additional $15. 
The basic fee for their cheapest plan is $20. Verizon is not the best for monthly plans. I would recommend Sprint over Verizon but Sprint doesn't have V10....

I am happy to say thank you LG,Today I got my 200gb sandisk micro sd card ,Battery and battery charger, the LG V10 promo bundle.
I am so happy and loaded tons of FLAC music and enjoying.Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,175 of 3,525
Does nobody else have the same feeling as me about the top end? I don't think I have ever heard treble so clear on any other device. Cymbals in rock and jazz music sound so good and very clear. I've had this thing for a month now and I noticed this right away, right from the start. It never seems to get tiring though, as I've been listening for about 5 hours straight now tonight. Somehow this thing is very detailed, but it does it in a way that just never fatigues me.

I agree. But I'd heard it before on my R10 (DX100).

I am happy to say thank you LG,Today I got my 200gb sandisk micro sd card ,Battery and battery charger, the LG V10 promo bundle.
I am so happy and loaded tons of FLAC music and enjoying.Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Congrats. Still waiting for mine to be approved.

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #1,176 of 3,525
Sorry to bring up impedance again but I was just reminded why it may be important for some.

Just played one of my favorite 90s R&B/Jazz albums with my PM-3. Normal power on the V10 isn't quite powerful enough for it and similar albums recorded at lower SNR levels.

If your collection is mostly newer and remastered stuff, you likely won't notice anything. However, depending on the headphones, anyone with 20+ year old ripped CDs may find there's not enough headroom.

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #1,177 of 3,525
So in regards to battery life. I took the phone off the charger at 6:40 Friday morning, it is now 12:50 Saturday morning. When i got home from work at 5:30 i still had 72% left. After dinner i started listening to music at about 7:15 and havent stopped yet. So almost 6 hours straight playing music along with some heavy facebooking, instagraming, web browsing and text messaging. It is down to 8% now. So it can easily get through a day and can easily be used to play music for hours and hours.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #1,178 of 3,525
Anybody here buy the opal blue/white/beige version? Any issues with keeping the phone clean?(assuming you're not using a protective cover)

I like the color schemes (my go to choice would be ocean blue) but I'm worried about staining.. I don't want them to look nice 1 month and raggedy the other

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #1,181 of 3,525
  I submitted online on 5th of Nov 2015?and when did you submit yours please ? It takes almost three weeks for LG to fulfill the promo bundle rebate,thanks

Sent mine online Nov 21st. Approval should be done early next week I hope.

I know it takes time but want to ensure I get the rebate; already called LG to double check it.

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,182 of 3,525

Can V10 make similar sound to R10's high gain setup? 
R10's high gain setup sounds really good with HD650, SRH1840, AKG K712. 
It drastically changes sound quality and power delivered to the headphones.

Can't change gain on the V10 so hard to compare how each headphone sounds on normal vs high.

My Z7, HD598, and mk3 do have a fuller sound with the R10 on high gain (sometimes using the gain switch almost like a "bass boost" from the extra power).

V10 already has a little more bass to start but the R10 still has more maximum power. However, I think my headphones maintain much of that same, fuller sound with the V10.

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #1,183 of 3,525

Can't change gain on the V10 so hard to compare how each headphone sounds on normal vs high.

My Z7, HD598, and mk3 do have a fuller sound with the R10 on high gain (sometimes using the gain switch almost like a "bass boost" from the extra power).

V10 already has a little more bass to start but the R10 still has more maximum power. However, I think my headphones maintain much of that same, fuller sound with the V10.

Awesome. So can you confirm that V10 gets about 80% of R10's high gain sound? 
R10's high gain sound is much better than sound from other portable DACs I've heard. D55 comes quite close to that with its high gain setting. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #1,184 of 3,525

R10's high gain sound is much better than sound from other portable DACs I've heard. D55 comes quite close to that with its high gain setting. 

That sounds about right, averaged. IMO, the V10 has roughly 90% of the R10's overall sound quality but only has about 70% of it's max power output.

I compared them here several days ago:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/782706/lg-v10-new-ess-chipped-flagship-android-phone-from-lg/1005#post_12099359

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #1,185 of 3,525

Let us know of your impression of the v10 once you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back