LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 28, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,201 of 3,525
Have you guys ordered the Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition from Amazon? That was a good deal at US$94.99! The V10 (V4A) + HD 598SE will surely do wonders!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,202 of 3,525
  I can calm your concern, there is most definitely a difference in quality when HiFi is on with IEM's less than 50 ohm. If you are not happy with the performance of your IEM, perhaps try a different set more capable of showing the difference, but don't be concerned with the 50 ohm issue.

Nice to know that I misunderstood all about that and also I got paranoiac uselessly. Thanks for the information mate, you've really calmed me.

Anyway I'm very satisfied of the performance of my IEM, for the budget I spent my MDR-EX450 are more than enough for me, and they sound very good with the dedicated audio card on my PC; I'll use this set for the V10.

Thanks again for clarifying the info!

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #1,203 of 3,525
got my sennheiser hd 598 se yesterday. really nice sounding headphones. high impedance unit really bring out the power of the phone's amp. 50-55 awfully loud already as compared to using low impedance cans ( akg 545, sony mdr 10rc, jbl synchros 500 ). there  is also a nice base oomph thrown in.

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #1,204 of 3,525
Hi guys,

I'm getting the HK version of LG V10 in a few days. I'm gonna use it with my Fidelio X2 and Dunu Dn1000. I'm really expecting a final solution for an all in one machine.

Just a question about audio streaming apps.

I see Tidal is the only one it works great with the HIFI DAC. Ok. But someone said Google play music also works but... only with with downloaded mp3...

Can you elaborate more? I mean, to have it completely clear these are the different options in Google play music: 

Does it work with streaming music?

Does it work with music stored already in the memory card?

Does it work with downloaded music from the private cloud (the free service)?

Does it work with downloaded music from the unlimited service (the paid service)?

Thanks guys

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #1,205 of 3,525
  got my sennheiser hd 598 se yesterday. really nice sounding headphones. high impedance unit really bring out the power of the phone's amp. 50-55 awfully loud already as compared to using low impedance cans ( akg 545, sony mdr 10rc, jbl synchros 500 ). there  is also a nice base oomph thrown in.

Lol... so I didn't misunderstad the fact that the Amp power and volume loudness rise up using 50+ ohms headset...

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,206 of 3,525
Lol... so I didn't misunderstad the fact that the Amp power and volume loudness rise up using 50+ ohms headset...

Yes of course it does because it uses high gain. Higher volume is often mistaken as better sounding. When volume matched there shouldn't be any difference if the amplifier is well designed.

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #1,208 of 3,525
That wouldn't surprise me.  The headphone jack went bad on my G2 and was eventually replaced by Sprint. (after they carefully determined there was no water damage!). The jack on my G3 is now slowly going the same direction. It is true I plug and unplug many times a day, but that is one of the purposes of this device.  Sprint doesn't have the V10 or I would have it.  I will consider the upcoming Samsung 7.  I don't understand why a CDMA version was not made for Sprint.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #1,209 of 3,525
"I got rid of my Fiio e18 dac/amp, I was more then happy with the sound quality & portability of my V10, in combination with my HD650s, I don't miss my external Dac at all, more than happy."
I agree completely.  I have the Kunlun, too.  No need for it.  I travel and that is one less brick to pack. Also I can put he V10 on front jeans pocket and thread my IEMs under shirt and be very indiscreet when walking in less that ideal areas in 'nawlins or La Boca in Buenos Aires, etc. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,210 of 3,525
"I got rid of my Fiio e18 dac/amp, I was more then happy with the sound quality & portability of my V10, in combination with my HD650s, I don't miss my external Dac at all, more than happy."
I agree completely.  I have the Kunlun, too.  No need for it.  I travel and that is one less brick to pack. Also I can put he V10 on front jeans pocket and thread my IEMs under shirt and be very indiscreet when walking in less that ideal areas in 'nawlins or La Boca in Buenos Aires, etc. 

Yup, v10 is amazing. I'm loving it more and more as days go by, we just need LG to patch the dac use so that it's compatible with all music apps.

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #1,211 of 3,525
Yup, v10 is amazing. I'm loving it more and more as days go by, we just need LG to patch the dac use so that it's compatible with all music apps.

Yes, everyone please email LG to fix DAC compatibility and folder browser issue of V10:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment

They have to make DAC compatible with UAPP and HibyMusic. 
Also, there's no folder browser in V10's stock music app... 

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,212 of 3,525
I'm still loving mine as well, but some annoyances have crept up on me. For starters, no matter how many times I turn off the WiFi, it turns back on. I've dug through all the settings I could think of and for whatever reason, every time I glance down at my phone it has connected back to WiFi. Not really a big deal, but it is driving me insane trying to figure it out! Also, my Gmail has stopped syncing. No matter what I try, I cannot get email in real time. If I refresh the app, the email appears, but it will not sync in real time. 

Audio is still wonderful, but this is a phone as well and as such, it's starting to annoy me. I still love it, but these are bugs of some sort that can hopefully be resolved via a software update (Marshmallow please?). 

-Collin-

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #1,213 of 3,525
  I'm still loving mine as well, but some annoyances have crept up on me. For starters, no matter how many times I turn off the WiFi, it turns back on. I've dug through all the settings I could think of and for whatever reason, every time I glance down at my phone it has connected back to WiFi. Not really a big deal, but it is driving me insane trying to figure it out! Also, my Gmail has stopped syncing. No matter what I try, I cannot get email in real time. If I refresh the app, the email appears, but it will not sync in real time. 

Audio is still wonderful, but this is a phone as well and as such, it's starting to annoy me. I still love it, but these are bugs of some sort that can hopefully be resolved via a software update (Marshmallow please?). 

-Collin-

https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment

Send them an email regarding this issue along with stock music player's folder browser issue and DAC's incompatibility with other music app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back