LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #166 of 3,525
Yes, UI is good too. HTC was my favourite brand and I was hoping M9 would be something special but lackluster camera and screen killed it for me. The low output of the new Xperia Z5 line is the problem of Sony. Now other options are iPhone 6s and LG V10. HTC is going to announce a new phone on 20th of October, hopefully that will be something good.

Yes. For me, I thought the new m9+ solved the camera and heating problems with the m9 but with slightly better h.o. along with the nicest front facing speakers up to date! Then came the news of the v10 here. I'm 60% sold at this point,.. But I gotta hear it for myself coz I gotta give up the front facing speakers for this phone. I hope the h.o. Of the v10 makes it all worthwhile.

Oh yeah, im also really looking forward to the next generation o2 from htc.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #167 of 3,525
32 bit Hi-Fi DAC by ESS Technology, designers of high-performance audio products for professionals. The LG V10 automatically detects connected devices and provides sound control options which can be customized (a possibility for lineout and gain settings ???).

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #169 of 3,525
32 bit Hi-Fi DAC by ESS Technology, designers of high-performance audio products for professionals. The LG V10 automatically detects connected devices and provides sound control options which can be customized (a possibility for lineout and gain settings ???).

He is wrong. Actually there is plenty of topic about the bit and sample rates.....it is more like quality audio vs bad quality. Bit and samples are more of marketing features

And so this video did not stated anything at all in the audio quality. Just another simple minded.....reviewer to bash...oh human ears can only hear this...or that.....and I hate it

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #172 of 3,525
Anyone manage to play apple lossless (m4a) files on their V10 ? Tried mine but the default music player says something like file format not supported. If i'm not mistaken, thought i read from the phone specs support apple lossless?

Was hoping to stick to the default music player for use together with the 32-bit DAC. Otherwise, have to switch to Neutron musci player...............

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #173 of 3,525
Anyone manage to play apple lossless (m4a) files on their V10 ? Tried mine but the default music player says something like file format not supported. If i'm not mistaken, thought i read from the phone specs support apple lossless?

Was hoping to stick to the default music player for use together with the 32-bit DAC. Otherwise, have to switch to Neutron musci player...............

We don't have a V10 as it's not on sale yet, at least not here. You have one then? How does it sound?

You're saying that the 32 bit DAC only works with the default music player? That would be terrible as I mostly use streaming services.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #174 of 3,525
Anyone able to do a comparison with fiio x3 or x5 or any other portable dac? Would be interested in seeing how it sounds compared to standalone players. It would be a game changer if it's any where near x3 or x5 quality.

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #176 of 3,525
Look up some previous posts/pages, there was one(!) review, wich said that it bests or atleast equals every midrange DAP....

Midrange could mean X3 or even X5....

An easier way to take it would be that the combo of ESS chips being used in the V10. Smartphone needs minimal design for space and battery life. So if anything that uses this ESS chip and even different OP amps with minimal coloration added, or curve tuned will sound very close to each other.

That meant....for the right pairing of gears, the sound quality on the V10 vs any other DAP would be mainly different in frequency curves and emphasis. It will be just what ESS and LG said, the pure Sabre sound. You may or may not like it, but it would be the most non-colored sound that this ESS has to offer, period.

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #177 of 3,525

Comes with a new version of the Quadbeat 3 (tuned by AKG).

Measurements by @speakerphone here.

http://clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2015/10/lg-quadbeat-3-tuned-by-akg-iem.html
Measurement done.

Thanks for waiting. To my ears, new QB3 has slightly better isolation because its vent is blocked. but due to emphasized bass response, sound of original QB3 is more sonorous to me.

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #180 of 3,525
Ah, quad beats 3 ? Wow, LG did not cheap out on the stock ear buds either. I see that it has the almost "liquid crystal polymer" advertisement from Sony

The Quadbeat series has been stellar from the beginning. I have the very impressive Quadbeat 2 and will pick up the QB3 if possible.

Dedicated thread here
tomscy2000's review here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back