LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 12, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #151 of 3,525
I really doubt that V10 will be able to come close to HDP R10.
While reading the specs please keep in mind that R10 is based on the full-size Sabre chip while V10 will use much smaller, mobile version: ESS 9018C2M

I disagree. I think it will be very close.

It also goes to show how hilariously priced these DAPs are. $1,100? lol

And you can get a V10 for $700 that has the same chip along with an ESS amp and it has a QHD display, full Android OS, top of the line HD video-camera, makes calls, and LTE network.

No brainer.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #152 of 3,525

And you can get a V10 for $700 that has the same chip along with an ESS amp and it has a QHD display, full Android OS, top of the line HD video-camera, makes calls, and LTE network.

No brainer.

I guess we will have to see (and hear) to solve that debate.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #153 of 3,525

No brainer.

I'm totally with you on all the features. Honestly if the sound is even a little close to the hdp, I'm willing to go ahead and get the v10.
I don't know if you have heard of viper4android but on my note 2, it has made me question having the hdp sometimes. Yes, the hdp is superior but not by a lot. Only way for me to be sure is to demo it.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #154 of 3,525
Yes! I found more info on the V10, and it seems that it was designed for multimedia experiences, including the editing, capture, record music, movies, and photos.

However, the goods stop there. It graphic computing power is not as good for playing video games, or doing multiple heavy tasks in graphics.....and the such. The score on the graphic computing and speed is barely 3/5 as in V10/Note4.

Let's see how welcome the V10 will be. My guess is that in order to satisfy the audiophiles ad the selfies, Lg has left out another important section of customers, the geeks, and the gamers.

As a hardcore Playstation 4 gamer, I dislike gaming on smartphones. The most important things are audio capabilities and camera to me. Sony Xperia Z5 is disappointing in the audio department, HTC M9 is disappointing in every way apart from audio so I hope V10 delivers because otherwise I'd have to buy an iPhone 6s and I just don't want to. I don't like Apple's way of doing things.

Ps: I think Adreno 418 on V10 will run almost all current games.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #155 of 3,525
I'm not a huge phone gamer either. My kids play the games on the phones, I'll use a console or a computer thanks much. The rest of the package on this phone make it a no-brainer for me. I can shoot videos and snap pics of the kids and listen to music without a stack. One other thing, this phone is slightly bigger than the note 4/5 or Iphone 6+s, but I think the net size is actually smaller. What I mean by that is the phone can legitimately be carried safely without a case. Those other phones you're one accidental drop removing it from your pocket to needing a new phone, so you rationally use a case, increasing the size... 

I'm rapidly descending into the murky water of guessing at the US release date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-wLUd2TbY -- I watched this promo on the UI and @32 seconds am wondering if that is a tip off for a US release date of October 23. I thought it was September at first since the girl's calendar has the date of September 22.. But @ 32 seconds it says Fri 23. Wouldn't you know it but October 23 is a Friday, while September 23 was a Wednesday. Fingers crossed. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #156 of 3,525
I'm totally with you on all the features. Honestly if the sound is even a little close to the hdp, I'm willing to go ahead and get the v10.
I don't know if you have heard of viper4android but on my note 2, it has made me question having the hdp sometimes. Yes, the hdp is superior but not by a lot. Only way for me to be sure is to demo it.

I have a note 4 with wolfson, and viper4android. All I can say is that it is only a software which she allow better adjustment on EQ or frequency respond. It is in no way that helping the phones sound authentic or realistic. If someone just want to have a sound at their wills to EQ and emphasis on different part of the spectrum, then viper4android works fine.

I am the kind of folk that seek for natural and realistic tonality, spacious and immersive sound field. So all I can say is that viper4android isn't what it is hyped to be. However I can confirm that in stock form, the Samsung stock player suck.....power play is better for audio quality.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #157 of 3,525
As a hardcore Playstation 4 gamer, I dislike gaming on smartphones. The most important things are audio capabilities and camera to me. Sony Xperia Z5 is disappointing in the audio department, HTC M9 is disappointing in every way apart from audio so I hope V10 delivers because otherwise I'd have to buy an iPhone 6s and I just don't want to. I don't like Apple's way of doing things.

Ps: I think Adreno 418 on V10 will run almost all current games.

While I respect your opinion of your disappointment with the m9, but I think htc m9 is still doing quite a few things right with their UI and front-facing speakers. But this maybe due to the fact that I am quite indifferent with cellphone cameras.

Also, I played with the m9+ supreme camera vr. And the camera is actually pretty good. H.o. Sq is still the best amongst today's flagship standards. Don't get me wrong, I'm currently super eager to test out the v10, but if I dont hear a significant enough of sq superiority... I will probably end up with the newr version of m9+ coz after playing it for 20 minutes or so in the store, I really do appreciate the overall build quality and find it to be the most likable phone in the 2015 flagship line-up.

I hope you will have the opportunity to play with the newest m9+ for a bit where you are. It's really a pretty solid phone. But back to the v10, it will be released here in 3 weeks and I'm working on a playlist for auditioning tnis phone with flac files via bt transfers^.^

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #158 of 3,525
https://instagram.com/p/8twmu1S51G/

The link above has impressions about audio and the poster saying it can power LCD-3s. One of his videos about the V10 were posted a while back in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3o3t3k/lg_v10_preliminary_review_from_snazzy_labs_just/cvtyvnd

Links to the discussion thread about the audio experience from the same reviewer.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #159 of 3,525
It can power LCD-3? 
eek.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #160 of 3,525
Sounds like expected but this is only one guy's take. From the link:
[–]SnazzyLabs 7 points 3 days ago 

I tried the Oppo PM-3 and Audeze EL-8 with it along with some JH IEMs. Using TIDAL Hi-Fi. The Audeze struggled a bit without additional amplification but the PM-3 sound remarkable and are powered pretty easily.

1. permalink
  2. embed
  3. parent

[–]jankenpwn 3 points 3 days ago 

Looks like I'd be holding onto my E12 for my planars as well then, thanks!
Did you feel like the sound quality was comparable with other entry/mid-range DAPs/DACs, or was it just "good for a phone"?

1. permalink
  2. embed
  3. parent

[–]SnazzyLabs 2 points 3 days ago 

Not like a FiiO X5 for anything but definitely better than the FiiO X1 and maybe X3.

1. permalink
  2. embed
  3. parent

What they're describing is great for a phone but not superior in sound or power to other midfi DAPs. I guess he considers an x3 midfi which is a maybe better than. I tend to think x5/DX90 such. What they're describing is plenty good enough and great for a phone.
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #161 of 3,525
I don't think they will be as good as Meizu mx4 pro or even on M1 Note level.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #163 of 3,525
While I respect your opinion of your disappointment with the m9, but I think htc m9 is still doing quite a few things right with their UI and front-facing speakers. But this maybe due to the fact that I am quite indifferent with cellphone cameras.

Also, I played with the m9+ supreme camera vr. And the camera is actually pretty good. H.o. Sq is still the best amongst today's flagship standards. Don't get me wrong, I'm currently super eager to test out the v10, but if I dont hear a significant enough of sq superiority... I will probably end up with the newr version of m9+ coz after playing it for 20 minutes or so in the store, I really do appreciate the overall build quality and find it to be the most likable phone in the 2015 flagship line-up.

I hope you will have the opportunity to play with the newest m9+ for a bit where you are. It's really a pretty solid phone. But back to the v10, it will be released here in 3 weeks and I'm working on a playlist for auditioning tnis phone with flac files via bt transfers^.^

Yes, UI is good too. HTC was my favourite brand and I was hoping M9 would be something special but lackluster camera and screen killed it for me. The low output of the new Xperia Z5 line is the problem of Sony. Now other options are iPhone 6s and LG V10. HTC is going to announce a new phone on 20th of October, hopefully that will be something good.

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #165 of 3,525
  I believe the LG V10 should have no problem at all powering the LCD-X

If you check a few posts up about the EL-8, it should have you think otherwise. Of course dynamic/control expectations and volume requirements vary by individual. Spec wise, the EL-8 30 ohm/102db should be easier or certainly not more difficult to drive than the LCD-X 22 ohm/96db and he suggested it struggled a bit with the EL-8. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back