LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #201 of 3,525
damnnnn. you're a baller son

Well, I admit that I wasn't gonna replace my note 4. But seriously, a phone with big screen, flagship camera...top of all ESS audio DAC and Amp was something I had been waiting for since my iPhone 4s. I waited for so long that I gave up and bought Sony Nw-ZX2. Lol

Let's see how this phone fare against my ZX2. I suspect that V10 will sound really good due to the combination from ESS which minimize implementing errors. By using this, we are going to receive ESS tuning sound capability. Else, I show my support, and hope next year Lg can do even better.

Beside, they can be wireless charging :). Too good!

Did you know that Pioneer and Onkyo sided together and will release new DAP ? Pioneer with single ESS 9018 (500$)and Onkyo with dual 9018 (600$). Different OP amps.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #202 of 3,525
I saw Onkyo was up to something but I didn't know it has the ESS9018.

The Fiio X7 has the ESS 9018 too at $700.

Seems like it is a bargain being included on a Flagship Android phone that has so many capabilities.  As it stands I can't turn this one down.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #206 of 3,525
Yes, same here.
biggrin.gif
I may sell my zx2 next week, who knows

If these DAPs had significant battery life I could see it being useful but the Fiio X7 and others are rated at only 10 hours so I'm struggling to see the advantage of getting one over a V10 considering how thick they are. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #207 of 3,525
I'm ready for the V10. Just waiting for a release date on Verizon. Also hoping they have leather backs that can be swapped out just like the G4. I think the G4 with a leather back looks classy. The V10 would look great with a leather back as well.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #208 of 3,525
I'm ready for the V10. Just waiting for a release date on Verizon. Also hoping they have leather backs that can be swapped out just like the G4. I think the G4 with a leather back looks classy. The V10 would look great with a leather back as well.

I heard end of October for Verizon.   Do you like the black or white/gold?

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #209 of 3,525
I heard end of October for Verizon.   Do you like the black or white/gold?

I'd like to do the black one and then maybe swap the back out for a leather back if they end up making them for it. It's already the 16th of October, so if its coming at the end of the month, we should expect Verizon to start talking about it soon.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #210 of 3,525
If these DAPs had significant battery life I could see it being useful but the Fiio X7 and others are rated at only 10 hours so I'm struggling to see the advantage of getting one over a V10 considering how thick they are. 

When the battery runs out on your DAP after ten hours you can still make a phone call :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back