LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #286 of 451
Nov 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #288 of 451
Day after day this little fellow sounds better and better, I started to believe that QB2 is better than S2 and GR07BE (if we don't mind bloated mid-bass)

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #289 of 451
  Day after day this little fellow sounds better and better, I started to believe that QB2 is better than S2 and GR07BE (if we don't mind bloated mid-bass)

I bought it because of the comparison to the S2. I haven't heard the S2, but I own the S1, which I really like, but think the S1 might have just a bit too much treble energy. I also didn't like the QB2 at first, but with break-in, Sony hybrid tips, and preferably a little EQ, it is awesome. I still like the MH1 and my new Jlab Epic a bit more, but I can't use the MH1 unless I'm sitting still because the comfort and ergonomics are so bad.

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #291 of 451
Interesting.

Subscribed~
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #295 of 451
  I've never seen an actual user review by Inks, only product information.

The QB2 isn't going to blow away $100 or even some $60 in ears (The Moe SS-01 and Gratitude are a lot better), but they do sound very, very good for ~$30. Its hard to get the motivation to write about something unless it is game changing.

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #296 of 451

I've never seen an actual user review by Inks, only product information.

The QB2 isn't going to blow away $100 or even some $60 in ears (The Moe SS-01 and Gratitude are a lot better), but they do sound very, very good for ~$30. Its hard to get the motivation to write about something unless it is game changing.

Inks seems to have a higher opinion of them than you do, so I would expect him to have a degree of motivation.

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #297 of 451
Inks' most recent write up was on the UERM vs the TFRM thread afaik.

I have the QB2 with me right now and they are very very solid. I can see people being very impressed based on what their preferences are. It's easy to be swayed by price but diminishing returns are strongly in play here.

I'm sure people will talk a lot about refinement here, without specifically defining it in a context, and I've done so similarly, but to say something like "X absolutely crushes these" is really an exaggeration IMO.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #298 of 451
So I decided not to give up on my quad beats weak bass and give them another try.  I had a few different tips lying around and tried some deep 3 flange tips.  I threw them on an wow what a difference.  It really kicked the bass up and they sound great.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #299 of 451
just curious here after following this thread for a while, i was wondering does the heavy midbass skew the mid range (bleed) also because of that massive midbass does the subbass just disappear ( i had experience with the klipsch s4 with a pretty substantial midbass i felt the subbass was very weak) but the quad beats from the sound of things here seem to a have abnormally fast decay ( wonder how that plays into factor)  the klipsch s4's bass was not slow but for the amount of quantity it had, it seemed sluggish every now and then 

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #300 of 451
  So I decided not to give up on my quad beats weak bass and give them another try.  I had a few different tips lying around and tried some deep 3 flange tips.  I threw them on an wow what a difference.  It really kicked the bass up and they sound great.

They definitely don't lack bass. Glad to hear you fixed the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back