LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #136 of 451
Alright here are my initial impressions. Please take note that this is not my final review.

Out of the box I was a bit disappointed. Although the signature sounded promising; there's veiling in the mid bass section. It also sounded a bit thin and cheap to my ears. Did a parametric EQ with Accudio app on IOS (-5db 150hz-250hz) and the veil disappeared. Sounds a lot more clearer now. Without the EQ it still sounded underwhelming.

After 10hrs burn-in:
The veil seems to have lifted and it now sounds more clearer. Veil is still there but not as noticeable as before. It no longer sound as thin/cheap; not sure if it was because of the burn in or just my imagination. Still EQ settings need to be applied for the best sound out of this. I wish I could say it sounds just as good w/o EQ.

BASS: Just a little bit boomy, good strong punch, fast decay (a bit too fast for my liking).

MIDS: Very nice! Just in the right place. One of the best sounding IEM in reproducing female vocals. A bit grainy in the lower mids but very refined and clear in the upper mids. Adds character to voices.

HIGHS: I love the sparkle. No sibilance at all. Maybe just a tiny bit more forward than the mids but it sounds perfect to me. Timbre is not as natural as i'd like. Decay is too short for Cymbals, lacks shimmer but it now sounds better prior to burn-in. So I'm guessing the timbre and decay will improve overtime.

SOUNDSTAGE: Average width at best. Sounds a bit congested at high listening volume.
IMAGING: Average; far from XBA3 capabilities. More 2D sounding to my ears.

I'll let this break-in for at least 100 hrs more. I reckon there will be changes. As of now, I'm okay with the Quadbeat 2 in terms of value but not overwhelmed just yet. I'll do a final review as soon as I'm confident its the best time for the QB2 to be reviewed.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #137 of 451

SOUNDSTAGE: Average width at best. Sounds a bit congested at high listening volume.

Disappointed to hear that after reading this

Quote:
  Some mildly v-shaped sets have unusually wide soundstages, e.g. the LG Quadbeat. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #138 of 451
Alright here are my initial impressions. Please take note that this is not my final review.

Out of the box I was a bit disappointed. Although the signature sounded promising; there's veiling in the mid bass section. It also sounded a bit thin and cheap to my ears. Did a parametric EQ with Accudio app on IOS (-5db 150hz-250hz) and the veil disappeared. Sounds a lot more clearer now. Without the EQ it still sounded underwhelming.

After 10hrs burn-in:
The veil seems to have lifted and it now sounds more clearer. Veil is still there but not as noticeable as before. It no longer sound as thin/cheap; not sure if it was because of the burn in or just my imagination. Still EQ settings need to be applied for the best sound out of this. I wish I could say it sounds just as good w/o EQ.

BASS: Just a little bit boomy, good strong punch, fast decay (a bit too fast for my liking).

MIDS: Very nice! Just in the right place. One of the best sounding IEM in reproducing female vocals. A bit grainy in the lower mids but very refined and clear in the upper mids. Adds character to voices.

HIGHS: I love the sparkle. No sibilance at all. Maybe just a tiny bit more forward than the mids but it sounds perfect to me. Timbre is not as natural as i'd like. Decay is too short for Cymbals, lacks shimmer but it now sounds better prior to burn-in. So I'm guessing the timbre and decay will improve overtime.

I'll let this break-in for at least 100 hrs more. I reckon there will be changes. As of now, I'm okay with the Quadbeat 2 in terms of value but not overwhelmed just yet. I'll do a final review as soon as I'm confident its the best time for the QB2 to be reviewed.

d marco, I knew it sounds silly but can u please compare these QB2 with HTC one stock earphones?

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #139 of 451
Disappointed to hear that after reading this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some mildly v-shaped sets have unusually wide soundstages, e.g. the LG Quadbeat. 

Soundstage is not bad. I noted average because I'm now used to a very wide soundstage. Also this is straight out of an iPod touch 5gen. It's a bit more wider with the jds labs c5. If 10 is perfect I'll give qb2 a 6.

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #140 of 451
Nov 9, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #141 of 451
^ Sweet stuff marc keep us updated and thanks for the great impressions.
beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #142 of 451
^ Sweet stuff marc keep us updated and thanks for the great impressions. :beerchug:

I'm waiting for the MH1 I ordered while I keep the QB2 on burn-in. I think it's better to do a comparison for my final review.

Cheers!

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #143 of 451
Decent soundstage to my ears, really satisfying overall sound with good separation too. Pretty impressed. Also very light and comfortable, and it's quite nice to have Android volume controls for a change.

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #145 of 451
The included tips keep losing seal so I went with spare ASG 2 standard tips...

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #146 of 451

^
There is sub bass in this song that's rendered well(clean and well textured) on GR07 and H200. The LG seems clouded in comparison... Specially compared to H200's. The mid-bass is a bit to strong. I would rather the sub-bass be a bit above the mid-bass all else kept the same. Bass texture seems worse than all other phones mentioned in this post.

^poor poor sub bass.

^
Vocals sound ok. ASG 2 sounded cleaner and more detailed when he's talking a breath for example. The sweep around 00:28 is rendered poorly, sounds clouded.

^
Yes!...... I don't know what I'm doing. Lol.
G,man?

I need to sleep now for work later today.

At the moment I rather go Tpeos D200's for a cheap phone.

(Malfunctioning pair I gifted to my dear beloved niece.)

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #147 of 451
These songs sound great with MH1C (Excellent Subbass)

Nov 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #148 of 451
  d marc0: Do the controls work with your iPod Touch?

Only the PLAY, PAUSE, SKIP, BACK on the middle button. Volume controls don't.

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #149 of 451
I happened to get one of these (with my shiny new LG2 phone 
biggrin.gif
). I have to say they are a very decent IEM and certainly the best one I have seen given with a phone. I will play with them a bit and report what I think after they have had a chance to burn in. I like that I get volume controls on an android device
atsmile.gif
. I already know I will continue to use my QC20 as I just love their comfort and isolation but these will get some use.

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #150 of 451
There is sub bass in this song that's rendered well(clean and well textured) on GR07 and H200. The LG seems clouded in comparison... Specially compared to H200's. The mid-bass is a bit to strong. I would rather the sub-bass be a bit above the mid-bass all else kept the same. Bass texture seems worse than all other phones mentioned in this post.

So I don't need to get the LG2's to replace my/your old H200's then? Good to know 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back