LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #151 of 451
There's no contest there Wayne. :D

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #152 of 451
  Only the PLAY, PAUSE, SKIP, BACK on the middle button. Volume controls don't.

Thanks, that's more than enough. :x

Anyway, mine should arrive soon, they're already in the country at the customs office. They'll probably be here in a day or two.
Not sure what to expect, though, the impressions seem very mixed so far.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #153 of 451
Thanks, that's more than enough. :x

Anyway, mine should arrive soon, they're already in the country at the customs office. They'll probably be here in a day or two.
Not sure what to expect, though, the impressions seem very mixed so far.

I hope your pair sound good out of the box. Mine needed burn in to sound better.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #155 of 451
I would say these are a bit on the bright side and a bit bass shy or neutralish. But they don't have any sibilance. They are an excellent IEM in regards to coming with a phone and if they are priced right they are an excellent value purchased. Also for android owners, if the volume buttons work they are a rare full control IEM for the android platform. I will try them with my Nokia 920 and see if the controls work on that phone.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #156 of 451
I would say these are a bit on the bright side and a bit bass shy or neutralish. But they don't have any sibilance. They are an excellent IEM in regards to coming with a phone and if they are priced right they are an excellent value purchased. Also for android owners, if the volume buttons work they are a rare full control IEM for the android platform. I will try them with my Nokia 920 and see if the controls work on that phone.

I remember you from S2 thread. I would like to read your comparison between them

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #157 of 451
Sorry I don't have the S2 anymore so can only go from memory. Let me burn these in for a night or 2 and have a bit more critical listen to them. From memory and what I have heard so far are think they are similar in sound signature at the least. Unfortunately finer details like detail level and sound stage will be to difficult to judge. Isolation wise these are slightly better because they are not semi open and they can be worn over ear if you like. Worn down the S2 has way less microphonics. I would say both suffer from similar seal issues. Based on my comments and the price of these I would think they are the better value.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #158 of 451
Now at 30+ hours burnin. Also tip rolled and I've settled with the H200 translucent gray tips.

Sound in general is more Clear. Veiling is almost gone. Soundstage is tip dependent, it is quite wide when using wide bore tips.. Depth is also a bit better.

What I want is a more fuller bass and mids because it still sounds a bit thin for my liking. We'll see if more burn in can help.

More to come...

[COLOR=FF00AA]UPDATE NOV14: First and foremost, my apologies to everyone. Apparently my gripes in regard to body/fullness being lacking in the QB2 bass and mids were caused by the wrong choice of tips. I've been using the H200 translucent grey tips with shallow insertion. What the H200 tips did was highlight the upper mids affecting the overall sound signature of the QB2. At the moment with the MH1 tips (deep insertion), bass and lower mids seem to sound full and clear.[/COLOR]

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #159 of 451
OK this IEM also works fully (volume as well) with the Nokia 920 which is a first for me with that phone.

D marco's impressions signature wise are quite similar to mine. I do not have as many hours on mine as he does though.

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #160 of 451
I'm happy to report that the grainy texture in the mids is totally gone. This iem is showing great promise! Excellent for clean recordings from artists like EWF and MJ. Its short comings I can let go because at $30 this is hard to beat. Seems like a good contender for the Sony MH1c! Can't wait to do a comparison...

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #162 of 451
Now at 30+ hours burnin. Also tip rolled and I've settled with the H200 translucent gray tips.

Sound in general is more Clear. Veiling is almost gone. Soundstage is tip dependent, it is quite wide when using wide bore tips.. Depth is also a bit better.

What I want is a more fuller bass and mids because it still sounds a bit thin for my liking. We'll see if more burn in can help.

More to come...

This is more in-line as too how I hear them. There is some midbass masking, but it's fairly moderate and can be eliminated via EQ. Midhighs and treble are up there with the best though, beating H200, GR07BE,S2,etc.IMO.
  Odd, I wouldn't say that at all. I find it a pretty full, almost warm sound. The controls all work on my S3 Mini.

Ya it's certainly not  thin, full if anything, the bass does decay a little fast for a dynamic though.

Also, these sound great with Comply TS400!

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #163 of 451
This is more in-line as too how I hear them. There is some midbass masking, but it's fairly moderate and can be eliminated via EQ. Midhighs and treble are up there with the best though, beating H200, GR07BE,S2,etc.IMO.

The treble on the QB2 also has its faults: a bit thin for my liking, decay is a little bit too fast causing cymbals to lose a bit of the ringing in them. But regardless, I do find the QB2 impressive especially because it doesn't suffer from peaks or dips in this area.

Quote:
  Ya it's certainly not  thin, full if anything, the bass does decay a little fast for a dynamic though.

Also, these sound great with Comply TS400!

To my ears, it does sound a bit thin Inks. What I mean is, it's just a tad lacking for a full bodied sound like the DN 1000 for example. I'm not really gonna compare both because it's not fair but its just to point out as a reference. I'm guessing the TAD thin sounding treble causes the rest of the lower frequencies to lessen in "fullness". I'm going to try the comply tips and will report back.

UPDATE NOV14: First and foremost, my apologies to everyone. Apparently my gripes in regard to body/fullness being lacking in the QB2 bass and mids were caused by the wrong choice of tips. I've been using the H200 translucent grey tips with shallow insertion. What the H200 tips did was highlight the upper mids affecting the overall sound signature of the QB2. At the moment with the MH1 tips (deep insertion), bass and lower mids seem to sound full and clear.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #164 of 451
Finally I got it today. Early impresssions of only 5 minutes listening;

Out of box the sound is very dull and veiled. Treble is very recessed not like what I read in the topic. I was expecting a treble happy iem but this is so far away from being it. The mids are like it's coming from a cave. This is only for 5 minutes listening impressions but as a burn-in period believer, I think the sound will change after a good burn in time maybe at least 50 hours. I will update my review after  100 hours I think. Stay tuned!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back