Lets Talk Metal
Jan 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #8,371 of 29,653
I didn't know Deathspell Omega had released an EP until I checked their page on Metal Archives for some other reason. Same thing happened with Revocation. I'm really liking both these EPs. I think I need something to alert me of any/all new releases of bands that I listen to. I guess Last.FM might do that. I decided to check out Sylosis' new CD. I didn't care much for their 2011 release and haven't given it many listens, but I'm really liking their latest.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #8,372 of 29,653
And on that note:

If you loved Deathspell's Omega Drought but want something a bit more death than black, you HAVE to check out the new release by ODEM, The Valley of Cut Tongues.

Check out the Bandcamp page for a listen.

My review on Metal-Fi

This EP is a BEAST! I think I may have found my favorite EP of 2013 already.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #8,373 of 29,653
Quote:
I'm really liking both these EPs. I think I need something to alert me of any/all new releases of bands that I listen to. I guess Last.FM might do that. 

I use rateyourmusic.

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #8,376 of 29,653
Quote:
Man that looks nice. I just started listening to them and started with virus. Any recommendation for which to to go with next?

Man, they have so many good albums that it's hard to recommend just one.  My favorites are probably Hypocrisy, FInal Chapter, and Abducted. Pretty big fan of The Arrival too, if only for the song The Abyss. Oh, can't forget Fourth Dimension- Apocalypse is one of the best MDM songs ever recorded. A Taste of Extreme Divinity is awesome as well and proves that they just don't know how to put out sh!tty music. I have high hopes for End of Disclosure. Peter Tagtgren is a musical genius and is an absolute master at what he does. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #8,377 of 29,653
Quote:
Man, they have so many good albums that it's hard to recommend just one.  My favorites are probably Hypocrisy, FInal Chapter, and Abducted. Pretty big fan of The Arrival too, if only for the song The Abyss. Oh, can't forget Fourth Dimension- Apocalypse is one of the best MDM songs ever recorded. A Taste of Extreme Divinity is awesome as well and proves that they just don't know how to put out sh!tty music. I have high hopes for End of Disclosure. Peter Tagtgren is a musical genius and is an absolute master at what he does. 

I don't know if you've heard this yet, but I like it. It's what convinced me to start checking the band out in the first place.

[size=x-small]http://www.nuclearblast.de/label/music/band/about/70925.hypocrisy.html[/size]

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #8,378 of 29,653
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #8,379 of 29,653
The Riverside vinyl is on a really cool color I've never seen before. 

...and I just bought it. Couldn't pass it up. Haven't heard it yet, but it's well liked and I listened to samples. Excited I got the Grey Blue. Considering they're only pressing 200 copies. $40 shipped. Ouch.

Quote:
I bet the Riverside vinyl is sweet, that's on my list too. Over at MF we just published our second Classic Wax article.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #8,380 of 29,653
Quote:

I actually purchased the special edition of Virus directly from the band in 05. I saw em at a small club and they were great. There is also a 2001 release where half the album is rerecording of some of their best songs. Normally these type of records are duds, but this CD is killer.

10 Years of Chaos and Confusion

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #8,381 of 29,653
Alf Peter Tägtgren is also totally responsible for the sound of early Dark Funeral, helping them record.

I always get a bang out of this video.
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #8,382 of 29,653
Don't know why I waited this long to check out Hyporcisy. Warpath may be one of the greatest songs ever. Also, has anyone heard the remaster for unquestionable presence? I'm generally not a fan of remasters, but I want to pick up a new copy of the cd

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #8,383 of 29,653
Quote:
Don't know why I waited this long to check out Hyporcisy. Warpath may be one of the greatest songs ever. Also, has anyone heard the remaster for unquestionable presence? I'm generally not a fan of remasters, but I want to pick up a new copy of the cd

Another release that is loved around here is the original release of Catch 22 original release from 2002. It was redone with new vocals in 08 but lost a little of it's dirty spontaneous vibe. I play the CD all the time, though most of the metal community hates it, as they think it's Nu-metal. It's not just experimental and brave.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #8,384 of 29,653
How do you guys feel about Draconian's A Rose for the Apocalypse? I heard a few of their songs via Pandora tonight and really liked it. Same with Zonaria's The Cancer Empire. 

Pandora actually came through for once.

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #8,385 of 29,653
Bell Witch's vinyl preorders are now up in Flenser store. Got myself a red copy! Neat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back