1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780
782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791
Next

Last
  1. wrathzombie

Aww!! there is a kid with the sticks thingy!!!.. I am jealous of these kids                                                                  

2. John In Cali

Maybe... but i wish the mix didn't have the same problem as every other metal album ever with bass well covered by guitars, it came out everyonce in a while but that doesn't let me hear how it actually sounds with the riffs.
    Any others?

... I do not understand this, haha. I have never heard "sticks thingy" before.

3. wrathzombie

I don't know what the instrument is called, but there is a small boy with spectacles who is beating two wooden sticks(?)

4. krtzer

Thanks for the heads up on that show. It looks like it's the day before my birthday too. 

5. Tom Yum Goong
    Nice!
    And slightly weird!

http://artificialbrain.bandcamp.com/album/butchering-cosmic-giants

6. Redcarmoose

I used to buy all the used prog records back in the mid 1990s for 10 cents a piece. It seemed both records and progressive music were at an all time low popularity level in 1995. Camel records were surprisingly everywhere, along with more used Yes records than you could carry. Everyone was trading in their scratchy records for CDs.[​IMG]

7. modulor

I grew up listening to stuff like this, as my dad was a big prog fan.  He has every Camel album on vinyl, and the first is one of my favorites prog releases of all time...I'm jealous of these 'widely available LPs' you speak of! [​IMG]

8. macrocheesium

The only one that comes to mind is Diablo Swing Orchestra.

9. ferday

http://youtu.be/ah4O0IvDE1w

Black rose phantoms
    It looks effing awesome but hard to hear...I think a bow would make a sweet metal noise

I'm home for a couple days so I have Internet and my good cans, re-listening to some prog junk since everyone on it again
    camel is pretty good. I could care less about most of it though, king crimson, rush they're fine just. It my thing. Floyd isn't really prog...they are Floyd you gotta love em! Hitting tribulation right now, like it so far

10. Redcarmoose

Yes, we'll those were the days. Record stores would give people money to buy CDs by trading in their old records. Folks were perfectly happy in 95 to trade 30 or 40 albums for a couple CDs. You could really find a bunch of prog. I still wonder if it ever really made a comeback?

Still though I think that there is a ton of prog out there on vinyl. The 70s was the time when everyone purchased ELP Yes, Hawkwind and Pink Floyd records.

11. Tom Yum Goong
    Check out this nice instrumental atmospheric black metal one-man thingamabob!

https://krimh.bandcamp.com/

Bandcamp sure is a place of never ending surprises :)

12. SoupRKnowva
    I know I brought them up in the past, but man Shahktyor is awesome, great russian instrumental doom metal, this song is my favorite, it just builds and builds and builds

13. Trogdor
    Guys I rarely cross post here anymore (I don't want to come off as a SPAM).

But my rant Cormorant Needs You means YOU!

If you are fan of Comorant, tell them to bring back dynamics on their third release since its a fan sponsored project! :)

Big thanks go to Soup's for the Twitter reference (article updated, gratitude written).

14. ferday
    just picked up the new gorguts, thanks for the awesome review yet again Metal-fi

this album rocks, and it sounds awesome, the dynamics really stand out against say the immolation record (which i also love).   the usual gorguts weirdness combined with an underlying method to the madness.  love it.

15. Tom Yum Goong
    It's awesome, right? :)

The new Dysmorphic album is a loooot of fun!

First

Back
771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780
782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791
Next

Last