LET ME INTRODUCE YOU... MBQUART GP435S + PICS!!!
Apr 19, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #46 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I remember those speakers too. I think they CAN make a really surprisingly good product if they really try. Fingers crossed!

By the way, didn't you know you can never buy the wrong headphones around here? You're only allways one pair short.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Whe older guys who rmember the days of...
tongue.gif

That was many, many, years ago...
plainface.gif

What does that tell us, except that whe are a couple of old dudes..?
very_evil_smiley.gif

At least that our memory is still ok!
icon10.gif

And Blackmore,
Is that a reference to you, about selling your K1000's..?
I can hardly believe that...
confused.gif

How much do you want for them?!
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Man, these things are expensive...
eek.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #47 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even in my poor K1 set up they still beat MB QUART, but once again MB QUART have very good & balanced sound and that's what give good clarity in general, isn't. But they are very equally sounding as well, which do not give any chance for overpowering, BASS over HIGHS for example.
And K1 is just one of those phones that give you full satisfaction, their accuracy are just unbeatable. That’s why I didn’t mention that much about it in my thread. The basics of MB QUART are their neutrality, that’s why I said that I wish more fun. Meaning by that clarity & brightness and less damping sound. I need more air between the notes and in the sound to take enough breath, if you know what I mean.

But that’s what they do share:

1. very depending on the record
2. very depending on amp choice

I hope I did answer your question. If not, please let me know.
cool.gif

well if you say the mb quart has good neutrality that means they have
high accuracy doesnt it, how does it perform with amplification is there
any loss of clarity or neutrality

are these phones (k1000,mbquark) single driver ones and what is their drivers diameter

Apr 19, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #49 of 78
Let me put it this way. Just this morning I was listened to a stock AKG K340 and to tell you the true, just from my fresh memory, I thought I was listened to MBQUART o.k. The biggest difference was the better BASS from MBQUART and the better airiness & clearness from AKG. It is not the highs that are better or worse, no way, the highs are the same or in the same league as from AKG K340, IMO. Not harsh, to picky or really extended to the TOP that can give you some pain, you know. The politeness of both are very similar and I love it. Unfortunately I didn’t have my K340 at the moment I had MB, but my memory isn't that bad I believe.
My little issue with MBQUART is that their HIGHS aren't extended enough to give me that TSS on the TOP END, just a LITTLE more will be great. Also when I listen to MB I can not take enough breath, cos its damped by their natural basics, I guess, and that's what I miss, more fun in the sound. Not that I need coloration, no, just a little more freshness will be more than great.

So answering to your question do they have enough accuracy with highs, YES they do.

The MBQUART did pretty good pairing with my Aspen. I simply can listen for hours to them without having any issues, no sonically or comfort one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERTECH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if you say the mb quart has good neutrality that means they have
high accuracy doesnt it, how does it perform with amplification is there
any loss of clarity or neutrality

are these phones (k1000,mbquark) single driver ones and what is their drivers diameter

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #50 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me put it this way. Just this morning I was listened to a stock AKG K340 and to tell you the true, just from my fresh memory, I thought I was listened to MBQUART o.k. The biggest difference was the better BASS from MBQUART and the better airiness & clearness from AKG. It is not the highs that are better or worse, no way, the highs are the same or in the same league as from AKG K340, IMO. Not harsh, to picky or really extended to the TOP that can give you some pain, you know. The politeness of both are very similar and I love it. Unfortunately I didn’t have my K340 at the moment I had MB, but my memory isn't that bad I believe.
My little issue with MBQUART is that their HIGHS aren't extended enough to give me that TSS on the TOP END, just a LITTLE more will be great. Also when I listen to MB I can not take enough breath, cos its damped by their natural basics, I guess, and that's what I miss, more fun in the sound. Not that I need coloration, no, just a little more freshness will be more than great.

So answering to your question do they have enough accuracy with highs, YES they do.

The MBQUART did pretty good pairing with my Aspen. I simply can listen for hours to them without having any issues, no sonically or comfort one.

Hi Blackmore,

thanks for testing the QP 435 S. As you know this prototype was adjusted by Alex from Dark Audio Labs. The felt he put under the velour ear pad causes the TOP END to be dampened a little. I'm pretty sure, that as soon as you take the felt out it will sound better concerning the TOP END. I think you should also listen to the QP 435 S with the original ear pads as you can see on the pictures in my first post.

Greets,
Peter
Maxxsonics Europe GmbH (MB QUART)

Apr 19, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #51 of 78
Yes, that's what I thought to, cos Alex said that recabling and some changes can be added as option. Correct me if I am wrong Peter.
And I think that's would be very good, cos up here man is crazy about recabling and some mods as well.

And it was and still my pleasure to be the one of those who got the chance to hear & test this wonderful prototype phones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Blackmore,

thanks for testing the QP 435 S. As you know this prototype was adjusted by Alex from Dark Audio Labs. The felt he put under the velour ear pad causes the TOP END to be dampened a little. I'm pretty sure, that as soon as you take the felt out it will sound better concerning the TOP END. I think you should also listen to the QP 435 S with the original ear pads as you can see on the pictures in my first post.

Greets,
Peter
Maxxsonics Europe GmbH (MB QUART)

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #52 of 78
Congrats Peter! Good to know, thanks. Can you say anything about the price?

Only one thing I still missing, final impressions from Romanee
frown.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #53 of 78
Hi Blackmore,

sorry for never answering your post. Anyway the recommended sales price is at EUR 199,- including TAX.

In meanwhile I left MB Quart though, since 1.April 2008 I switched to beyerdynamic...

Greets,

Peter Grooff

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #58 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blackmore, interesting read, I'm agree with you about the 435 and the roll off high with the velour/velvet pads. GMP's have a newer pads this days, the oval Ear Pad 41-6050, Ear Pad 41-6050 - GermanMAESTRO Shop

The oval pads open the highs sound stage and also provide more deep and punchy bass.

3789521105_483eac6925_o.jpg

As former Headphone Product Manager from MB Quart (now German MAESTRO) I can say, these ear pads are not new
bigsmile_face.gif
They are from the GMB 900 Series (formely MBK 900 Series).

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #60 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SunDevil, they look alike but they are not. Also they have the Ear Pad 41-6059 that is similar Ear Pad 41-6059 - GermanMAESTRO Shop

True, the 41-6059 are the earpads for the 800 Series headphones and headsets and is mostly used for POS applications and do not sound that well though. The 41-6050 are oval ear pads and are used for the 900 Series headsets (no 900 Series headphones exist, although we did produce a small series for drummers once - QP 905). Believe me dear friend, these ear pads didn't change and I am still in close contact with German Maestro.
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back