LET ME INTRODUCE YOU... MBQUART GP435S + PICS!!!
Apr 18, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #31 of 78
I didn't listen them with such variety of portables, but with my Aspen the BASS is the BOSS, o.k.
Take it from me, if you like of course, but bassheads will be pleased as well, with correct amplification I mean...

I hope Romanee can give us more impressions with home set ups as well and then we will see.

Thanks Romanee for your impressions so far
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review Romanee. Although, maybe it's because I'm a basshead, I don't understand how they can have great bass, but have less energy than a DT880...

Eitherway, I'm a skeptic of MB quart...they're hit or miss with me. The highs are either on point or sound tinny...I dunno, I'm anxious none the less to hear these.

Apr 18, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #32 of 78
Hi Everyone here at Head-Fi!

my name is Peter Grooff, Product & Sales Manager Professional Products from Maxxsonics Europe GmbH (MB QUART).

I provided Dark Audio Labs with this prototype. Since we want to be more active again with headphones, we're trying to get as much as possible opinions from various people.

The original prototype was provided with our (from Alex - Dark Audio Labs already) mentioned newly developed leatherette ear pads. These were actually developed for the QP 450 PRO (http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/p...nr=qp_450_pro). They proved (to me) to be working very good for the QP 435 S aswell. Bright, very open sounding and indeed good bass response.

I've attached some pictures of the original prototype to this post. I'm very excited to read about your further opinions and reviews!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Greets!

Apr 18, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #33 of 78
Nice to meet you Peter and welcome to Head-Fi
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my name is Peter Grooff, Product & Sales Manager Professional Products from Maxxsonics Europe GmbH (MB QUART).

I provided Dark Audio Labs with this prototype. Since we want to be more active again with headphones, we're trying to get as much as possible opinions from various people.

The original prototype was provided with our (from Alex - Dark Audio Labs already) mentioned newly developed leatherette ear pads. These were actually developed for the QP 450 PRO (http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/p...nr=qp_450_pro). They proved (to me) to be working very good for the QP 435 S aswell. Bright, very open sounding and indeed good bass response.

I've attached some pictures of the original prototype to this post. I'm very excited to read about your further opinions and reviews!

Greets!

Apr 18, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #34 of 78
Wow, those original pads look interesting. I'd like to hear some comments of that original version.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #35 of 78
Quote:

Greets!

Welcome to head-fi Peter!

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #36 of 78
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

A little "behind the music" story, concerning the QP 435 S. The 35 Ohm headphone system impedance is not because of Ipod use, it was more coincidence. After the development of the QP 805 Monitor, I was curious how the 35 Ohm headphone system sounded in a QP headphone. This turned out to work very well and so basically the QP 435 S was born. Due to the low impedance, the headphone can ofcourse also be used with portable devices, but it WAS NOT especially designed for portable devices!

It's also not a headphone for the "mass users", it more for the user who is looking for a better sounding headphone.

Greets,
Peter

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #37 of 78
Well Peter, let me put it this way, we all looking for a better sounding phones. But what you mean, I think, is that this one, like others, can not be liked by all headphone lovers, only by those who love the sound signature, isnt.
I think you can build a couple of phones based on this model, one for fun and one for professionals
wink.gif

Quote:

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

A little "behind the music" story, concerning the QP 435 S. The 35 Ohm headphone system impedance is not because of Ipod use, it was more coincidence. After the development of the QP 805 Monitor, I was curious how the 35 Ohm headphone system sounded in a QP headphone. This turned out to work very well and so basically the QP 435 S was born. Due to the low impedance, the headphone can ofcourse also be used with portable devices, but it WAS NOT especially designed for portable devices!

It's also not a headphone for the "mass users", it more for the user who is looking for a better sounding headphone.

Greets,
Peter

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #38 of 78
I remember MB QUART from the past, when the German hifi community where raving they're active powered loudspeakers as best buys, so I think they do know what they're doing.
Of course the Germans used to like a lot of bass in those days (as I think Americans still do...) and very prominent highs (as the French used to...)
wink.gif

Of course I'm talking loudspeakers now, since I'm not all that long an "Headfier"...
icon10.gif

I can imagine things have changed over the years, and the general consensus how music should sound, is about the same through the whole world now.
I think it's very brave lettin' y'r prototype HP loose in the Headfi community, the way they do!
cool.gif

This may just be the perfect way to develop the perfect(?!) headphone for the Headfi community.
It would be very nice if they could tweak out everything you guys don't like about 'm, and then put the best damn HP on the market for a price everyone is able to pay without putt'n a 3rd mortgage on the house!
evil_smiley.gif

Very good effort IMO!
cool.gif

And Blackmore,
Does this mean I bought the wrong HP..?
rs1smile.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #39 of 78
No, of course not, RS2 are great HP. And as long they fit in your needs, why worried anyway.
You see, we all have more than 1 in house, mostly, and not because one better than other, no, it is the fact that different music styles needs a different phones as well, unfortunately...
As I wrote, this one isn't for fun, so to speak, not yet. But the potentials are very big to make one, IMO. And if such HP will be made, I will be the first one who gets them, hopefully. I think JAZZ and CLASSICAL lovers can be pleased already, as they are now, but I am more fun guy and need some extra coloration to get my trill, just a little more extra that’s it. And the best part of it is that they can be made, the changes I mean.

I love this hobby!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember MB QUART from the past, when the German hifi community where raving they're active powered loudspeakers as best buys, so I think they do know what they're doing.
Of course the Germans used to like a lot of bass in those days (as I think Americans still do...) and very prominent highs (as the French used to...)
wink.gif

Of course I'm talking loudspeakers now, since I'm not all that long an "Headfier"...
icon10.gif

I can imagine things have changed over the years, and the general consensus how music should sound, is about the same through the whole world now.
I think it's very brave lettin' y'r prototype HP loose in the Headfi community, the way they do!
cool.gif

This may just be the perfect way to develop the perfect(?!) headphone for the Headfi community.
It would be very nice if they could tweak out everything you guys don't like about 'm, and then put the best damn HP on the market for a price everyone is able to pay without putt'n a 3rd mortgage on the house!
evil_smiley.gif

Very good effort IMO!
cool.gif

And Blackmore,
rs1smile.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #40 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

icon10.gif

cool.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Very good effort IMO!
cool.gif

And Blackmore,
rs1smile.gif

Yes, I remember those speakers too. I think they CAN make a really surprisingly good product if they really try. Fingers crossed!

By the way, didn't you know you can never buy the wrong headphones around here? You're only allways one pair short.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #41 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I wrote, this one isn't for fun, so to speak, not yet. But the potentials are very big to make one, IMO. And if such HP will be made, I will be the first one who gets them

Hi Blackmore how does it compare to AKG K1000, does it resolve clarity
across the spectrum well?

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #43 of 78
Even in my poor K1 set up they still beat MB QUART, but once again MB QUART have very good & balanced sound and that's what give good clarity in general, isn't. But they are very equally sounding as well, which do not give any chance for overpowering, BASS over HIGHS for example.
And K1 is just one of those phones that give you full satisfaction, their accuracy are just unbeatable. That’s why I didn’t mention that much about it in my thread. The basics of MB QUART are their neutrality, that’s why I said that I wish more fun. Meaning by that clarity & brightness and less damping sound. I need more air between the notes and in the sound to take enough breath, if you know what I mean.

But that’s what they do share:

1. very depending on the record
2. very depending on amp choice

I hope I did answer your question. If not, please let me know.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERTECH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Blackmore how does it compare to AKG K1000, does it resolve clarity
across the spectrum well?

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #45 of 78
Welcome Peter from MBQuart again!

It is still unusual to talk on forums with engineers from big companies (unfortunately), so thank you again to join our forum, and I am sure it will be interesting for members to hear designer's ideas, and - for him -acknowledge audiophiles' opinions.

In regard to "natural sound": according to our measurements and listening tests there is no doubt that a lot of headphones (like e.g. Beyers ...-2005) show enhenced both bass and treble.
Therefore if you compare QP435S adjusted by us (Dark-Audio Labs) to give a balanced sound, you notice that they will sound smoother that of these above, but it is an advantage and not a problem.

I know well a record that misses bass, because the engineer was using DT770 and he considered -when mastering - that the bass is enough (it was not true, beyers artificially enhenced the bass). The record's name is "Dirty Three - Cinder" (a post-rock band).

INEXPENSIVE adapter ; )
I added the inexpensive adpter in a rush, MBQuart did not provide it.

Bests, Alex
DARK AUDIO LABS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back